Neiman Marcus Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

The interview consisted of two phone interviews and then a two day long interview process in Dallas. The program is run three times a year, June, September and December, so you may apply early and have to wait before you're contacted

Applying to the program they have you complete a small, online test about retail math. It basically asks you to calculate sell-through percentages, how many units are on hand, discounting etc. It is timed and I've heard some people find ti difficult but I thought it was really easy and I do not come from a fashion or retail educational background. Basic math is all that is needed.

If you get a passing score on the test your application gets reviewed and you may be contacted for an interview. The phone interviews were pretty standard - Why do you want this job, tell me about your background etc. Nothing challenging.

The two day interview process consisted of a bus "tour" of Dallas that really just shows you the outside of their fulfillment center and then dinner at which you meet some higher ups at NM like buyers. The second day brings one group project focusing on how you'd design or set up a department to maximize revenue and two interviews. In between there is a lunch with current assistant buyers that you can talk to and learn more about the role.

Overall a pretty easy applying experience.

Interview Questions
    Since it's a pretty competitive environment and there are a lot of applicants the negotiation was almost nonexistent. They tell you the salary and benefits and ask if you'll take them. I was able to get a little increase in salary due to my previous experience.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2013.

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview - received offer following day of in person interview - started 2 weeks later - 5 HR associates quit within my first month of employment.

Customer Care- Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2014.

Process was fairly quick. Received an email after I applied; I was then invited to a job fair. After the job fair they did a back ground check, credit check and then I took a drug test. After everything was clear they sent an offer letter. The HR office was very nice and they worked with my availability for the position. I was very impressed with their professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Over all the questions are very customer service oriented (behavioral).
      Question regarding integrity, how resourceful are you at handling IT issues, why should they choose you, how do you handle unhappy customers etc.
        Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2013.

The interview process was pretty good. Once the recruiter passed me onto the internal people, I think I had to wait 48 hours before I did a phone screen with HR, followed up with a phone screen with the hiring manager and a follow up with the department head. The 2 phone calls with manager and department head were technical and thought provoking to see how i thought and figured out problems; I'd call it standard as far as the questions asked nothing too hard or difficult to answer or work thru.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine the size of a heel from pictures using computer analysis?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

You talk to the HR person. After that you meet with the Director. Then you meet with 2 to 3 VPs. It was important to know someone there. People are very respectful. The interview was very conversational. They did not do a group or panel interview. Once the offer was extended, there was a drug test. Then you joined the company and had an orientation class a few weeks into joining the company. There was also a skills test that was used

Interview Questions
    • They asked about your biggest challenge and what you would do to overcome it. They also asked if there were any weaknesses.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2012.

I was contacted for a telephone interview about 2 weeks after submitting my application on-line through Indeed.com. After the telephone interview I was asked to come into the office for a second interview. While there in the office (after interviewing with the second in command) I had a telephone interview with the actual hiring manager. I was then asked - with no notice - to come in and meet the hiring manager in person.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was experiencing a real life issue and kept asking me how I would advise her to handle it. Although I gave her my answer, she asked again during our second meeting and then kept at me about it.   Answer Question

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   View Answer

Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

they ask basic customer service questions and i was at Walmart in line doing the interview

Interview Questions
    dont be in school or working
    be prepared for a drug test and bacground screen

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2012.

Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!