Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Neiman Marcus
- Sales Associate (30)
- Assistant Buyer (17)
- Product Specialist (8)
- Executive Development Program (7)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Customer Care Associate (5)
- Intern (5)
- Department Manager (4)
- Retail Sales Associate (3)
- Coordinator (3)
- Loss Prevention (3)
- Assistant Site Merchandiser (3)
- Loss Prevention Investigator (2)
- Accounting (2)
- Visual Stylist (2)
- Stylist (2)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (2)
- Sales (1)
- Shipping (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Restaurant Manager (1)
- Human Resources Manager (1)
- Sales Consultant (1)
- Sample Coordinator (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Seasonal (1)
- Visual Trimmer (1)
- Web Designer (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- Senior Vice President (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.
Went through the interview process for the executive development program. Since the recruitment process was not through a college, my first interview was a phone interview. Was asked behavioral questions and about resume. After that was invited to a two day interview at their headquarters in Dallas. The first day included a tour of Dallas and a dinner with executives. The second day included two individual interviews, a group project, and a lunch with other assistant buyers. All interviews focused on behavioral questions
- Why are you interested in the fashion industry? What kind of work environment do you like? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.
Full day process, multiple interviewers, pleasant interactions with staff. Overall experience was good. Back offices were less elegant than expected, based on store merchandise and high quality customer service.
- What I know about Retailing. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.
online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit
- What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.
There were two steps in the interview process. The first was an initial interview with the college recruiter on campus. The second round was on site, at the corporate HQ in Dallas. The on-site round consisted of multiple individual interviews and a group project exercise over the course of two days.
- Tell me about a time when you had an innovative idea and how did you implement it? Was it successfull? If so, how? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.
Applied online, was contacted two or three weeks later for an initial phone screen with HR. Followed by a second interview with VP two days later. Was told the would be finishing up other interviews, but given good feedback that I was one of the top candidates. Two weeks later, had two back to back interviews, which were pretty basic questions about my background and the company's background.
- None, all very standard. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.
They give you a ridiculous retail mathematics examination which not enough time is given for.
- The questions became more complex as they wanted you to compare percentages (which you must calculate) comparing different stocks and item numbers within a certain month or year all within one question! on average, the questions take approx 2-3 minutes to thoroughly calculate yet they expect you to provide the right answer in 30 SECONDS! insane! 1 Answer
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.
Interviewer did not call at scheduled time. Neither the interviewer, nor anyone else at the company, called to apologize. My recruiter was extremely embarrassed and not surprised that I withdrew from the interview process. I hope Glassdoor publicizes cases like this, they tell you a lot about company culture. Actions like this can be expected in employment as well as afterwards.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in October 2012.
Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.
After applying online, going through an online skills test, and a skype interview I made it to the two day Assement in Dallas. Here, along with 30 other applicants, we were given tours of the offices, of Dallas, and met with numerous senior executives from Neiman Marcus. The Assement also included a group project and two more in-person interviews.
- Having two back to back interviews was a little difficult, but the questions were standard. Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in January 2012.
I was contacted for a telephone interview about 2 weeks after submitting my application on-line through Indeed.com. After the telephone interview I was asked to come into the office for a second interview. While there in the office (after interviewing with the second in command) I had a telephone interview with the actual hiring manager. I was then asked - with no notice - to come in and meet the hiring manager in person.
- The hiring manager was experiencing a real life issue and kept asking me how I would advise her to handle it. Although I gave her my answer, she asked again during our second meeting and then kept at me about it. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review