Neiman Marcus

2.7

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2013.

Applied online, was contacted two or three weeks later for an initial phone screen with HR. Followed by a second interview with VP two days later. Was told the would be finishing up other interviews, but given good feedback that I was one of the top candidates. Two weeks later, had two back to back interviews, which were pretty basic questions about my background and the company's background.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with HR, then had to take an online math and personality test. After the online test, I was invited to participate in a two-day assessment in Dallas.

The first day of the assessment included a tour of Dallas, a tour of the offices, and a dinner with some of the executives. The second day included two back-to-back interviews with staff and a group project.

The assessment taught me so much about how excellent the company is; I really gained a lot of respect for Neiman throughout the process. Also, the interview process itself was very put-together and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with your supervisor. How did you go about fixing the relationship with him or her while still managing to do your job well?   View Answer

Everyone I interviewed with ate, breathed, and slept fashion. Most of them had been wanting this job since they began high school--that just wasn't me. I didn't have the kind of fashion knowledge that I felt I needed to be truly comfortable with this position.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2013.

They give you a ridiculous retail mathematics examination which not enough time is given for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions became more complex as they wanted you to compare percentages (which you must calculate) comparing different stocks and item numbers within a certain month or year all within one question! on average, the questions take approx 2-3 minutes to thoroughly calculate yet they expect you to provide the right answer in 30 SECONDS! insane!   View Answer

Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Phone screen, followed by two 1:1 interviews with members of the team

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard. They don't ask anything unexpected. Mostly questions about your background and how your prior experiences can contribute to the team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Submitted resume online to the company website. Was called in for a interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. Interviewed with the HR manager and then a 2nd interview right after with a department manager. Very laid back interview. Offered position. Asked to complete drug and background testing. Started the job about a week later.

nonw.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2013.

The interview process was pretty good. Once the recruiter passed me onto the internal people, I think I had to wait 48 hours before I did a phone screen with HR, followed up with a phone screen with the hiring manager and a follow up with the department head. The 2 phone calls with manager and department head were technical and thought provoking to see how i thought and figured out problems; I'd call it standard as far as the questions asked nothing too hard or difficult to answer or work thru.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine the size of a heel from pictures using computer analysis?   Answer Question

Manager of Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2013.

Interviewer did not call at scheduled time.

Neither the interviewer, nor anyone else at the company, called to apologize.

My recruiter was extremely embarrassed and not surprised that I withdrew from the interview process.

I hope Glassdoor publicizes cases like this, they tell you a lot about company culture. Actions like this can be expected in employment as well as afterwards.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2012.

Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2012.

I was first contacted by HR about the position because they had received my resume. Once I had a phone interview with the HR representative, I had an in person interview with the site merchandiser that lasted about 30 minutes. The next day, I had an interview with the site group manager that also lasted around 30 minutes. I was hired two days later. Both were very basic interviews asking about my past experience and skills and why I wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very obvious interview questions you could prepare for before. What could have been a difficult question was my thoughts on the website but I had looked at the site beforehand.   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2012.

Applied and the next day received a call for a phone interview and got hired over there phone.

Interview Questions
    no neg, the only way to make more money is to move up.