Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Neiman Marcus Executive Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with HR, then had to take an online math and personality test. After the online test, I was invited to participate in a two-day assessment in Dallas.

The first day of the assessment included a tour of Dallas, a tour of the offices, and a dinner with some of the executives. The second day included two back-to-back interviews with staff and a group project.

The assessment taught me so much about how excellent the company is; I really gained a lot of respect for Neiman throughout the process. Also, the interview process itself was very put-together and well-organized.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with your supervisor. How did you go about fixing the relationship with him or her while still managing to do your job well?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Everyone I interviewed with ate, breathed, and slept fashion. Most of them had been wanting this job since they began high school--that just wasn't me. I didn't have the kind of fashion knowledge that I felt I needed to be truly comfortable with this position.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, going through an online skills test, and a skype interview I made it to the two day Assement in Dallas. Here, along with 30 other applicants, we were given tours of the offices, of Dallas, and met with numerous senior executives from Neiman Marcus. The Assement also included a group project and two more in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Having two back to back interviews was a little difficult, but the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview followed by onsite interview in Dallas.
Two day interview process. Day one involved a large group dinner with senior buyers. Not a personality test per se, but it obviously helped the decision makers to eliminate a few of the less outgoing personalities.

The second day involved a tour of the facilities, a group project in which we brainstormed a new layout plan for part of the store, as well as two one-on-one interviews with senior buyers. One former merchant was responsible for talent recruitment at the university level. When I arrived in Dallas for the interview, I was joined by candidates from all across the united states. Majors varied, but business admin and fashion design seemed most prominent.

Interview Question – Your don't seem to have a lot of experience in fashion or merchandising. What makes you a good fit for Neiman Marcus?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was not up to par, and the EDP rotation is isn't great: two years at HQ in Dallas, followed by another two years as a department manager at one of the stores (you don't get to pick which). Only then do you get to return to HQ as a buyer or planner. Dallas office is ancient, and while the sales floor is glistening with old-world luxury, behind the scenes the offices are cramped and frankly a bit on the dingy side.

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – I was hired through the college recruiting program, immediately starting in the Executive Development Program. There is a 1 on 1 interview as well as a 2 day "Assessment" in Dallas, which consists of more interviews, a dinner, and a group project.

Interview Question – What are your three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus Executive Development Program interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees and interview candidates.