Neiman Marcus

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with HR, then had to take an online math and personality test. After the online test, I was invited to participate in a two-day assessment in Dallas.

The first day of the assessment included a tour of Dallas, a tour of the offices, and a dinner with some of the executives. The second day included two back-to-back interviews with staff and a group project.

The assessment taught me so much about how excellent the company is; I really gained a lot of respect for Neiman throughout the process. Also, the interview process itself was very put-together and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with your supervisor. How did you go about fixing the relationship with him or her while still managing to do your job well?   View Answer

Everyone I interviewed with ate, breathed, and slept fashion. Most of them had been wanting this job since they began high school--that just wasn't me. I didn't have the kind of fashion knowledge that I felt I needed to be truly comfortable with this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2012.

After applying online, going through an online skills test, and a skype interview I made it to the two day Assement in Dallas. Here, along with 30 other applicants, we were given tours of the offices, of Dallas, and met with numerous senior executives from Neiman Marcus. The Assement also included a group project and two more in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Having two back to back interviews was a little difficult, but the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2010.

Initial interview followed by onsite interview in Dallas.
    Two day interview process. Day one involved a large group dinner with senior buyers. Not a personality test per se, but it obviously helped the decision makers to eliminate a few of the less outgoing personalities.

The second day involved a tour of the facilities, a group project in which we brainstormed a new layout plan for part of the store, as well as two one-on-one interviews with senior buyers. One former merchant was responsible for talent recruitment at the university level. When I arrived in Dallas for the interview, I was joined by candidates from all across the united states. Majors varied, but business admin and fashion design seemed most prominent.

Interview Questions
    • Your don't seem to have a lot of experience in fashion or merchandising. What makes you a good fit for Neiman Marcus?   Answer Question

Salary was not up to par, and the EDP rotation is isn't great: two years at HQ in Dallas, followed by another two years as a department manager at one of the stores (you don't get to pick which). Only then do you get to return to HQ as a buyer or planner. Dallas office is ancient, and while the sales floor is glistening with old-world luxury, behind the scenes the offices are cramped and frankly a bit on the dingy side.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I was hired through the college recruiting program, immediately starting in the Executive Development Program. There is a 1 on 1 interview as well as a 2 day "Assessment" in Dallas, which consists of more interviews, a dinner, and a group project.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2010.

Questions include:

Strengths and Weaknesses

Problem situation scenarios for which you must provide a solution; dealing with confrontation, etc.

How has your experience gotten you to this point in your career?

Rank your organizational, communications, analytical, and creativity in order of strongest to weakest personal skills

Most difficult question ever asked in an interview?

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are member 1 of a group. You are assigned part 1 of the project while member 2 is responsible for part 2. But when it comes time to turn in your project part 2 is incomplete and member 2 tells your boss that you (member 1) were responsible for doing part 2, essentially saying that you did not do your work. How do you handle that? (Answer)
      And then, how would you repair the relationship between you and member 2 considering that this person is someone you will be working with extensively in the future? (Answer)

View Answer