Neiman Marcus

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2014.

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location.

The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions.

After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   View Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

No negotiation

Senior Vice President, Direct/Online Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Too dated to be helpful. Asked basic questions, just wanted to see if you got retail and basic management expertise of your presumed job function. THen dragged out money part of offer and made big deal over token improvements.

Hard, th y low-balled and the. Promised to make it up with annual reviews. Then lucky if you got 2% even with very good year.

Visual Trimmer Interview

they don't respond if you did not make it for an interview. they only respond if you did. In my opinion it seems very difficult to get hired as a buyer there, you have to go to their HQ for the training and then work your way up. I have 2 degrees, one in merchandising and 1 in business and retail experience but I have not received word yet.

Beauty Adviser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Applied online, I got an interview within a week. Had two separate interviews,one with HR, and an other one with cosmetics manager, the interview went smoothly, they all really nice, no pressure at all, a week later had an other phone interview with product representive, I am still waiting for them to call...its been a week now....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online and was contacted by the end of the week via phone call, by the HR assistant. At this point I was briefly interviewed over the phone and asked why I am leaving my current job, why I want to work at Neiman Marcus and what customer service means to me. At the end of the call she said she'd love to have me come in for a interview. I then came in that next Wednesday for an interview with the HR manager and then she had me interview afterwards with 3 other people. At the end of this all the HR assistant said they'd be in touch with me. About 4 days later I was called and asked to come in for a second interview. During this interview they had me interview with a specific department manager they wanted to place me with and then I was given a tour of the store by this manager and then taken back to wait for the HR assistant again. She came in with an offer form and said they'd love to have me. I called later that day to accept the offer and she told me I would need to complete the drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they are pretty set in their offer.

N/A Interview

met many people lied about the numbers, basic questions, but you had to pass a test first before you can interview which is no indication if you can do job