Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Very Easy going and not intimidating. Visual is a creative field and you can express yourself freely. They are strict on appearance . I have dark brown hair and had blonde color on the bottom which i had to dye all on color after. Visual is more laid back and can wear jeans, but for the interview always dress proper and nice.

Neiman Marcus Group Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

The interview process was great as the executive and HR reps were all very sweet. They seemed interested in getting to know me as a person. It was very obvious they all loved the company and were passionate about their work. I really did not see it so much as an interview but rather a good conversation.

Make-Up Artist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Went in to see the HR director first, then got a phone call a month later the asking to come in again to see the department manager. They called me a few weeks later offering me the position, and to come in to talk salary, etc. From the moment I submitted my resume the process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • If a co-worker talks poorly about another co-worker such as negative gossip. What do you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I was Sent to a small private room where I spoke with two people. The first was the head of the dept and next person was the asst head of HR. Both were very nice and informative. They said I was the first of three people being considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to do charity work to represent the brand?

What is your sales experience ??

Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

They asked very easy and simple questions about my resume, aspirations, and why I wanted to work for Neiman Marcus. Very laid back interview. No tricky questions. The interview was at Texas A&M University with a college recruiter. I did not get a second interview because I had one more semester left and they only wanted graduating seniors for their interviews at that point in time.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Hiring process begins with a standard survey/ demographics online form where you are able to submit your resume and cover letter. The next step is a 25 math assessment. Upon passing the math assessment you are contacted via phone for phone interview.

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Hiring process was great, very communicative and proactive on what steps I needed to take next. Atlanta Management was probably one of the best that I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions where average nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but should have because work load was a little massive and not

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2015.

I applied online through my university, and then I took an online personality and retail test. After that, I had a phone interview, but it wasn't at all the interview that I prepared for. The questions were vague, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes. I did not go onto the next round, but it would have been an essay followed by an in person interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.