Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I received the call for an interview, went in and met this the assistant manager for the department , than the Hr they explain the position than set me up for an additional interview. The following week I came in for two more interviews. And told me someone would call me .... Still waiting on call :/

Interview Questions

• How would I work with someone who stole a sale from me in a commission base area   1 Answer

Studio Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Very casual, easy going and friendly. Overall not intimidating. May take a while to land interview but hiring process is quick once interviewed. Ask questions about retail experience, interest in film, ability to work under pressure, etc. Must be willing to work hard and multi-task. Personal selling is also an aspect of position so must have selling skills to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Los Angeles entertainment industry? Are you passionate about film?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straight-forward for a retail postilion. I interviewed with the department manager first and then with HR afterward. The hardest thing for me was deciding what to wear. NM has a reputation and i wanted to make a good impression. That should have been the least of my worries!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Austin, TX).

Interview

Hands down one of the best interviews I've ever had. I interviewed with 3 different people, and they were all incredibly nice. It didn't feel much like an interview which I enjoyed. No hard questions. I would do it all over again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus recruiting and always lots of candidates. There is a 2 day assessment at HQ with interviews in both an individual and a group setting. A retail math test is required.

Interview Questions

• Group project to test thought process.   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied. I spoke with someone in Human Resources, after a complete background check, I was offered the position of customer care representative.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Face to face with supervisor. If supervisor like you then you meet the manager. Second interview meet director. Director gives you an aptitude test on retail math etc. Human resources does a background check, credit history. Since this is a financial job a poor credit history will disqualify you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

3 different interviews with various members of senior management and HR. Asked typical interview questions. Seemed rushed as if they had something else to get to. .

Interview Questions

• What is something you did at previous place of work to stand out as an employee?   Answer Question

Assistant Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX).

Interview

Called me in for an interview. First interview went okay, the next few went really well. Nothing difficult just asked about my experience and what was on my resume. It went on for about 3 days. They immediately called me for an offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Coral Gables, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

phone call to schedule interview took 3 weeks of phone tag. interviewer seemed rushed, not greeted immediately. I felt like everyone too busy or too important to talk to me. strange forced sense, not natural flow of questions. interviewed with other managers who seemed interrupted and discouraging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

phone call, accepted what was offered