Neiman Marcus

100 candidate interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

Interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview Details – very intricate, pass a math test to do a 3 day interview process/convention with 200 other applicants only to be in a program that takes 10 years to become a buyer

Interview Question – math questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interview Details – In-store computer assessment
Very easy, just try to be the best person you can think of

Interview Question – no really difficult question   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Customer Care Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – I was called asked if I would be interested. My background check was done. Then I was told to take drug test. About an hour later accepted the job. Started 3 days later.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

Interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview Details – Robust interview process consiting of a couple days with a group of 20-30 oth candidates at the corporate office. A few different interviews, some tests, dinner with current employees of various levels. If you are accepted, you go through a 2-3 month training course with other candidates and then interview for multiple current open assistant buyer positions. Generally, most people that go through the training process are placed in an assistant buyer position.

Interview Question – Do you know how much money do you have in you wallet right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at this level.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview Details – I applied to this position online and later that same day got a missed call from them. They did not leave a message, but when I called the number back and found out it was Neiman Marcus I asked to leave a message for H.R. I did not hear back, but since I am very persistent I called back a week later and left another message for H.R. This time she called me back and set up an interview with the Customer Service Manager. The interview went really well, but she said that she would need me to meet with H.R and her direct boss in Loss Profit and they were both unavailable that day. They could not get together to interview me for another week and a half. The interview with the Loss Profit manager and H.R both went very well also. H.R said she would be in touch with me the following week by Thursday. No call on Thursday. I called on Friday, and was offered the position "unofficially" since there is a background, credit and drug test to pass first. I made it aware multiple times throughout the interview process that I had some prior collection accounts on the credit report, but I had documentation to prove that they were settled and paid. A week after I was offered the position, I called HR to see if she had a status on the background and credit check as she said it would take 5 days. No call back. I was out of town that weekend, and when I returned home there was a letter in the mail from the company who completes the credit check. It stated that I had failed. The date on it proved that they had completed this days before I called and left the last message to H.R. I understand the need to check employees credit, but the fact that I wasn't able to prove that I had cleaned up my credit, or that anyone even bothered to call me to tell me I failed, makes me upset. I wasted 4 weeks pursuing this job. I wouldn't suggest applying to Neiman Marcus unless you have perfect credit.

Interview Question – The interviews were very easy and laid back. There were some of the typical questions, but mostly it was just a conversation between two people. Very comfortable.   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Seasonal

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and was contacted within a few days to come in for an interview. The woman in HR who interviewed me was very friendly and easy to talk to. Was offered a job and hired during the first interview.

Interview Question – standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Visual Trimer Interview

Visual Trimer
White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – I was sought after and 2 interviews later I was given the job

Interview Question – The Questions were fairly safe and direct   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated more then they were offering

Customer Care- Work From Home Interview

Customer Care- Work From Home
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process was fairly quick. Received an email after I applied; I was then invited to a job fair. After the job fair they did a back ground check, credit check and then I took a drug test. After everything was clear they sent an offer letter. The HR office was very nice and they worked with my availability for the position. I was very impressed with their professionalism.

Interview Question – Over all the questions are very customer service oriented (behavioral).
Question regarding integrity, how resourceful are you at handling IT issues, why should they choose you, how do you handle unhappy customers etc.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview - received offer following day of in person interview - started 2 weeks later - 5 HR associates quit within my first month of employment.

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   View Answer

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!