Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.6

Assistant Buyer Interview

Interview

very intricate, pass a math test to do a 3 day interview process/convention with 200 other applicants only to be in a program that takes 10 years to become a buyer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

In-store computer assessment Very easy, just try to be the best person you can think of

Customer Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

I was called asked if I would be interested. My background check was done. Then I was told to take drug test. About an hour later accepted the job. Started 3 days later.

Visual Trimmer Interview

Interview

they don't respond if you did not make it for an interview. they only respond if you did. In my opinion it seems very difficult to get hired as a buyer there, you have to go to their HQ for the training and then work your way up. I have 2 degrees, one in merchandising and 1 in business and retail experience but I have not received word yet.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Interview

Robust interview process consiting of a couple days with a group of 20-30 oth candidates at the corporate office. A few different interviews, some tests, dinner with current employees of various levels. If you are accepted, you go through a 2-3 month training course with other candidates and then interview for multiple current open assistant buyer positions. Generally, most people that go through the training process are placed in an assistant buyer position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how much money do you have in you wallet right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at this level.

N/A Interview

Interview

met many people lied about the numbers, basic questions, but you had to pass a test first before you can interview which is no indication if you can do job

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied to this position online and later that same day got a missed call from them. They did not leave a message, but when I called the number back and found out it was Neiman Marcus I asked to leave a message for H.R. I did not hear back, but since I am very persistent I called back a week later and left another message for H.R. This time she called me back and set up an interview with the Customer Service Manager. The interview went really well, but she said that she would need me to meet with H.R and her direct boss in Loss Profit and they were both unavailable that day. They could not get together to interview me for another week and a half. The interview with the Loss Profit manager and H.R both went very well also. H.R said she would be in touch with me the following week by Thursday. No call on Thursday. I called on Friday, and was offered the position "unofficially" since there is a background, credit and drug test to pass first. I made it aware multiple times throughout the interview process that I had some prior collection accounts on the credit report, but I had documentation to prove that they were settled and paid. A week after I was offered the position, I called HR to see if she had a status on the background and credit check as she said it would take 5 days. No call back. I was out of town that weekend, and when I returned home there was a letter in the mail from the company who completes the credit check. It stated that I had failed. The date on it proved that they had completed this days before I called and left the last message to H.R. I understand the need to check employees credit, but the fact that I wasn't able to prove that I had cleaned up my credit, or that anyone even bothered to call me to tell me I failed, makes me upset. I wasted 4 weeks pursuing this job. I wouldn't suggest applying to Neiman Marcus unless you have perfect credit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very easy and laid back. There were some of the typical questions, but mostly it was just a conversation between two people. Very comfortable.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.

Visual Trimer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I was sought after and 2 interviews later I was given the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated more then they were offering

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   1 Answer