Neiman Marcus

2.6

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in September 2014.

Called immediately interviewed the next day. Nice people, good interview but false pretensions about job. Tried to make a sales associate position sound a lot nicer then it is.

Interview Questions

Not for me and pay was commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2012.

Applied for the position and received a phone call with an invitation for an interview a couple of days later. Interview itself was easy, they basically just wanted to understand my personality type, experience in retail (luxury retail), explained the absolute significance of customer experience to them.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in December 2012.

Had a phone interview, asked questions on availability and flexibility. then met with the hr manager, then met with department manager, then met store manager. Asked about times where I've had to deal with a situation and how I dealt with it. Why I want to work for the company, etc. Easy process!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our company?   View Answer
    No negation. Commission strictly

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2014.

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location.

The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions.

After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   View Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.

Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2012.

Super easy and fast. Applied online on their website and heard back the next day. Quick and Easy, the assistant manager liked me and sent me to background check on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions at all, just about customer service and team work environment   Answer Question
    no negotiation, hourly plus commission

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

I applied through corporate website. The whole process is you need to take a math test, phone interview, short essay, and skype interview. The recruit person was very nice and helpful. However, the process was long and difficult. Also, quite competitive.

Senior Vice President, Direct/Online Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Too dated to be helpful. Asked basic questions, just wanted to see if you got retail and basic management expertise of your presumed job function. THen dragged out money part of offer and made big deal over token improvements.

Hard, th y low-balled and the. Promised to make it up with annual reviews. Then lucky if you got 2% even with very good year.