Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2012.

I was contacted for a telephone interview about 2 weeks after submitting my application on-line through Indeed.com. After the telephone interview I was asked to come into the office for a second interview. While there in the office (after interviewing with the second in command) I had a telephone interview with the actual hiring manager. I was then asked - with no notice - to come in and meet the hiring manager in person.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was experiencing a real life issue and kept asking me how I would advise her to handle it. Although I gave her my answer, she asked again during our second meeting and then kept at me about it.   Answer Question

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   View Answer

Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

they ask basic customer service questions and i was at Walmart in line doing the interview

Interview Questions
    dont be in school or working
    be prepared for a drug test and bacground screen

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in September 2013.

It was very good. Very enthusiastic and positive. Was an extremely positive process. I interviewed with a lady first who asked me general questions on my experience and she gave me a few scenarios regarding retail and customer service, then I had an immediate 2nd interview with the HR manager who talked with me for about 40 minutes. Mainly an engaging conversation on general

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2013.

Applied Online, got a call back a few days later. Had a one on one interview with the HR department. He was a bit in a hurry right when i got there so that made me even more nervous. He asked me about 3 simple questions and asked if i had any questions for him, so i asked about the company. He then asked me my availability which was Full time. He then again asked me if i had any other questions for him. I did asked him a final question, he answered then AGAIN asked if i had any other questions for him.. Wait? i thought I was being interviewed! After i said no, he answered all my concerns he then stood up and said "Alright thank you." I was very very shocked. Grabbed my stuff and told him to have a great day. Even if i got i call back, i think i would have declined considering how i was treated.

Human Resources Coordinator - Central Human Resources Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2013.

I found the position through a job posting site and applied online. I received a call for an interview 3 days later. The interview was held the next week. I guess I had applied toward the end of the opening (apparently it had been opened for a month).
    I had a one on one interview with the Central HR manager for about an hour.
    Questions asked were:
    1. What was it like to work in --- ?
    2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    3. What type of manager would you want?

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2009.

Interviewed by three people, two managers and their manager.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I had gift wrapping experience   View Answer
    they said they paid $12/hr

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2012.

Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question

EDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2013.

There were two steps in the interview process. The first was an initial interview with the college recruiter on campus. The second round was on site, at the corporate HQ in Dallas. The on-site round consisted of multiple individual interviews and a group project exercise over the course of two days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an innovative idea and how did you implement it? Was it successfull? If so, how?   Answer Question