Neiman Marcus

2.6

Customer Care- Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2014.

Process was fairly quick. Received an email after I applied; I was then invited to a job fair. After the job fair they did a back ground check, credit check and then I took a drug test. After everything was clear they sent an offer letter. The HR office was very nice and they worked with my availability for the position. I was very impressed with their professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Over all the questions are very customer service oriented (behavioral).
      Question regarding integrity, how resourceful are you at handling IT issues, why should they choose you, how do you handle unhappy customers etc.

Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Assistant Buyer Interview

Robust interview process consiting of a couple days with a group of 20-30 oth candidates at the corporate office. A few different interviews, some tests, dinner with current employees of various levels. If you are accepted, you go through a 2-3 month training course with other candidates and then interview for multiple current open assistant buyer positions. Generally, most people that go through the training process are placed in an assistant buyer position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how much money do you have in you wallet right now?   Answer Question
    No negotiation at this level.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

You talk to the HR person. After that you meet with the Director. Then you meet with 2 to 3 VPs. It was important to know someone there. People are very respectful. The interview was very conversational. They did not do a group or panel interview. Once the offer was extended, there was a drug test. Then you joined the company and had an orientation class a few weeks into joining the company. There was also a skills test that was used

Interview Questions
    • They asked about your biggest challenge and what you would do to overcome it. They also asked if there were any weaknesses.   View Answer

Work From Home Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2014.

they called offered me the job sent me to do drug test come in meet manager and start training at home it was easy but the training was hard and it was timed i was happy to receive 11hr check

11hr 40 hr a week

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   View Answer

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bal Harbour, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Bal Harbour, FL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2014.

Applied online through Indeed. Received a phone call week and half later screened on the phone was setup for a face to face interview with HR rep.

Personal Shopping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2014.

Standard process of meeting with an HR associate, merchandise manager and the personal shopper you will be working for. Standard interview questions about current and past experience in retail and level of confidentiality to be maintained when working with personal shoppers clients.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years, career wise?   View Answer

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

I applied through corporate website. The whole process is you need to take a math test, phone interview, short essay, and skype interview. The recruit person was very nice and helpful. However, the process was long and difficult. Also, quite competitive.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

It was brief, up to the point: mainly covered experience and reasons for choosing the company. Three members of the management team had brief conversations with me. Talked a lot about fashion, trends, and personal attitude towards them.