Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2014.

Interview

They started me out with a short phone conversation then offered for me to fly to Dallas for the final round of interviews. The 2 day process was a sprint and I got to meet Executive Buyers and significant players on the Neiman Marcus team.

Interview Questions

• Being an assistant buyer is not the most glamorous job. You are running numbers and making spread sheets, not meeting with heads of fashion houses for extravagant dinners. How would you feel about doing less glamorous work?   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a 'mass' interview. We all got hired without questions asked. Then slowly they started firing one by one. New hirees did not know why. They were told if you can do 20 pages worth of packing, your ok. They got fired. Old employees stayed hired even if they were slacking off. Favoritism!!!

Interview Questions

• Can you work overtime because it is mandatory.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Too dated to be helpful. Asked basic questions, just wanted to see if you got retail and basic management expertise of your presumed job function. THen dragged out money part of offer and made big deal over token improvements.

Negotiation

Hard, th y low-balled and the. Promised to make it up with annual reviews. Then lucky if you got 2% even with very good year.

Visual Trimmer Interview

Interview

they don't respond if you did not make it for an interview. they only respond if you did. In my opinion it seems very difficult to get hired as a buyer there, you have to go to their HQ for the training and then work your way up. I have 2 degrees, one in merchandising and 1 in business and retail experience but I have not received word yet.

Beauty Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Applied online, I got an interview within a week. Had two separate interviews,one with HR, and an other one with cosmetics manager, the interview went smoothly, they all really nice, no pressure at all, a week later had an other phone interview with product representive, I am still waiting for them to call...its been a week now....

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Stanford, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the end of the week via phone call, by the HR assistant. At this point I was briefly interviewed over the phone and asked why I am leaving my current job, why I want to work at Neiman Marcus and what customer service means to me. At the end of the call she said she'd love to have me come in for a interview. I then came in that next Wednesday for an interview with the HR manager and then she had me interview afterwards with 3 other people. At the end of this all the HR assistant said they'd be in touch with me. About 4 days later I was called and asked to come in for a second interview. During this interview they had me interview with a specific department manager they wanted to place me with and then I was given a tour of the store by this manager and then taken back to wait for the HR assistant again. She came in with an offer form and said they'd love to have me. I called later that day to accept the offer and she told me I would need to complete the drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they are pretty set in their offer.

N/A Interview

Interview

met many people lied about the numbers, basic questions, but you had to pass a test first before you can interview which is no indication if you can do job

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Called immediately interviewed the next day. Nice people, good interview but false pretensions about job. Tried to make a sales associate position sound a lot nicer then it is.

Interview Questions

Not for me and pay was commission.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Got a call a couple days after applying online. I informed them that I would be relocating soon but was not there yet. Did two phone interviews. Was offered the job on the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the exact question, but it was situational.   Answer Question