Neiman Marcus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Corporate Summer Internship
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

Interview Details – online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Question – What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Walnut, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online, got a call back a few days later. Had a one on one interview with the HR department. He was a bit in a hurry right when i got there so that made me even more nervous. He asked me about 3 simple questions and asked if i had any questions for him, so i asked about the company. He then asked me my availability which was Full time. He then again asked me if i had any other questions for him. I did asked him a final question, he answered then AGAIN asked if i had any other questions for him.. Wait? i thought I was being interviewed! After i said no, he answered all my concerns he then stood up and said "Alright thank you." I was very very shocked. Grabbed my stuff and told him to have a great day. Even if i got i call back, i think i would have declined considering how i was treated.

Interview Question – If i had any questions for HIM.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator - Central Human Resources Interview

Human Resources Coordinator - Central Human Resources

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2013.

Interview Details – I found the position through a job posting site and applied online. I received a call for an interview 3 days later. The interview was held the next week. I guess I had applied toward the end of the opening (apparently it had been opened for a month).
I had a one on one interview with the Central HR manager for about an hour.
Questions asked were:
1. What was it like to work in --- ?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. What type of manager would you want?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Shipping Interview

Shipping
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by three people, two managers and their manager.

Interview Question – Asked if I had gift wrapping experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they said they paid $12/hr

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2012.

Interview Details – Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question

EDP Program Interview

EDP Program
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2013.

Interview Details – There were two steps in the interview process. The first was an initial interview with the college recruiter on campus. The second round was on site, at the corporate HQ in Dallas. The on-site round consisted of multiple individual interviews and a group project exercise over the course of two days.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had an innovative idea and how did you implement it? Was it successfull? If so, how?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – through college recruiting at a career fair

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 and 20 years from now?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
McLean, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called less than a week later. At this time I was asked several questions over the phone about my experience. I was then invited for an in person interview, which actually consisted of 3 interviews (one with the assistant HR manager, one with HR manager, and finally an interview with the department manager). I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – None of the questions were terribly hard. Mostly what would you do in so and so situation and personality type questions. They know lots of issues come up with commission environments and want to know how you would handle situations where say your co-worker takes your sale.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All associates are on draw vs. commission, so there isn't much to negotiate. Each department you sell from has it's own percentage that you will receive from that sale (cosmetics 9%, jewelry 7.5%, shoes 9%, etc).

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – This position requires you interview and be accepted into the company's executive training program. This initially starts by applying online or by college recruitment. The process generally take 2-3 interviews, a retail math test, group project presentation and recommendations.

Interview Question – questions on critical thinking and problem solving are asked to asses how you can handle multiple tasks and work load stress   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Generally it's a base salary unless your coming in with buying or planning experience. So little to no negotiations.

This is a highly competitive program to get into and the more fashion/retail experience and qualifications the better. Over 200 people apply weekly and there are only 3 classes a year with on average 20-35 trainees accepted in each class.

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a position in cosmetics. Was contacted shortly after and set up an interview with the department manager. I went in for my interview that took about an hour. Very friendly and professional overall. I was informed that they would run a background check and that I would be contact by HR to set up a 2nd interview that would be followed by a drug screening. It took about a week for them to get back to me. I was tentatively job offered on the phone and was told that it was pending a negative drug test that I had to complete at an auto generated location within 24 hours. After about 3 days I got a call that everything had cleared and I got the job.

Interview Question – Basic retail questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.