Neiman Marcus

98 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2013.

Interview Details – After spending hours filling out the application on-line ( I was literally booted off 5 times after completing the entire application and had to start over each time!) I was called a few days later to set up an interview by phone. interviewer called 10 minutes past arranged time, but he was pleasant. I was asked quite a few questions and at the end was told that the interview went well and he was going to go ahead with a background and credit check.

I asked the interviewer if he had read my cover letter, which included the fact that my credit was marred due to an illness (and associated costs) a few years ago. He admitted that he had not and said that if it was up to him he would hire me right away, but that a credit and background check had to be done according to company policy. He said if I didn't pass their criteria regarding the credit check (over a certain amount of unpaid debt, I forget how much) then I would receive a letter in the mail. I told him to go ahead with it, despite my reservations.

A few days later I checked on their website and saw that I had "failed their background screening". Considering I do not have a criminal history, I am assuming this meant their credit check. By law, employers have to notify a job applicant if credit was the reason for their not being considered for a job...but so far no letter in the mail.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a customer was upset about something and you went above and beyond to help them.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2013.

Interview Details – First a simple phone interview and then two more in-person interviews which were fun and conversational. Had to take a drug test and the results took long.

Interview Question – Most dificult question would be "what would you bring to the store?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because they are budgeted.

Executive Development Program Interview

Executive Development Program
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with HR, then had to take an online math and personality test. After the online test, I was invited to participate in a two-day assessment in Dallas.

The first day of the assessment included a tour of Dallas, a tour of the offices, and a dinner with some of the executives. The second day included two back-to-back interviews with staff and a group project.

The assessment taught me so much about how excellent the company is; I really gained a lot of respect for Neiman throughout the process. Also, the interview process itself was very put-together and well-organized.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with your supervisor. How did you go about fixing the relationship with him or her while still managing to do your job well?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Everyone I interviewed with ate, breathed, and slept fashion. Most of them had been wanting this job since they began high school--that just wasn't me. I didn't have the kind of fashion knowledge that I felt I needed to be truly comfortable with this position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

PR Coordinator Interview

PR Coordinator
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was brought in for two interviews and asked the expected questions. Everyone I met was very kind. I met with two people for the first interview and only one person, the intended supervisor, when called back for the second interview. I made sure to prepare myself with previous events that the store hosted and that I knew the company's history.

Interview Question – We also have internal candidates who are up for this job. What can you bring to this position that they can't?   View Answer

Assistant Site Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Site Merchandiser
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by HR about the position because they had received my resume. Once I had a phone interview with the HR representative, I had an in person interview with the site merchandiser that lasted about 30 minutes. The next day, I had an interview with the site group manager that also lasted around 30 minutes. I was hired two days later. Both were very basic interviews asking about my past experience and skills and why I wanted the job.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very obvious interview questions you could prepare for before. What could have been a difficult question was my thoughts on the website but I had looked at the site beforehand.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2012.

Interview Details – was fine. People who interviewing are usually nice and profeccional. Although they still make an impression that you will have a good money working for Neiman. It looks like you have all the opportunity to sell as much as you can and have a good money for comission. In reality it doesnt look that sunny. I ended up with no more then 1300 a month, working a lot and being super tired after every working day. Important thing is also which department you will get into. I was not lucky, so, may be other people in the store have a better chance to make their money in Neiman. Dress department just is not that place

Interview Question – Return policy. No matter how hard you worked to make a sale, when people return it - they took it back from your comissions. So, you can never know how much you get in return and how much money you can count on. Which is not fare I think   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiations, jus comission based pay

Customer Care Associate Interview

Customer Care Associate
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied and the next day received a call for a phone interview and got hired over there phone.

Interview Question – none at all, typical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no neg, the only way to make more money is to move up.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview the day after I applied online. I wasn't too sure about the position seeing as I have never worked in retail. The interviewer seemed less than professional and far from prepared. Her first question was "what do you think about fashion?".. I was more so expecting questions about weaknesses/strengths, past work experiences etc. I could tell she had never really even looked at my resume or noted anything I had done. It was a painfully awkward interview with very little input from her. I really could not wait to get it over with. I was not sure what type of person she was looking for, but I know it was not me. My real assumption was she was looking for someone similar to her-- stuck up with a "whatever" attitude. I hope she doesn't work with customers!

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just questions that were unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

Interview Details – had an initial phone interview and then a in-person interview. Fairly easy process there always desperate for people

Interview Question – There where any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary with an increase yearly

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted two or three weeks later for an initial phone screen with HR. Followed by a second interview with VP two days later. Was told the would be finishing up other interviews, but given good feedback that I was one of the top candidates. Two weeks later, had two back to back interviews, which were pretty basic questions about my background and the company's background.

Interview Question – None, all very standard.   Answer Question