Neiman Marcus

2.6

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Pretty simple interview. I interviewed with the LP Manager and assistant HR manager. I was called back for a second interview and spoke with the HR Manager and General Manager. They never responded in the time frame they told me and left me waiting in the lobby for a half hour after our scheduled interview time. From time of first interview to hearing back after second interview took about a month. All in all not a real professional experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2013.

Applied online, was contacted two or three weeks later for an initial phone screen with HR. Followed by a second interview with VP two days later. Was told the would be finishing up other interviews, but given good feedback that I was one of the top candidates. Two weeks later, had two back to back interviews, which were pretty basic questions about my background and the company's background.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with HR, then had to take an online math and personality test. After the online test, I was invited to participate in a two-day assessment in Dallas.

The first day of the assessment included a tour of Dallas, a tour of the offices, and a dinner with some of the executives. The second day included two back-to-back interviews with staff and a group project.

The assessment taught me so much about how excellent the company is; I really gained a lot of respect for Neiman throughout the process. Also, the interview process itself was very put-together and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with your supervisor. How did you go about fixing the relationship with him or her while still managing to do your job well?   View Answer

Everyone I interviewed with ate, breathed, and slept fashion. Most of them had been wanting this job since they began high school--that just wasn't me. I didn't have the kind of fashion knowledge that I felt I needed to be truly comfortable with this position.

Customer Care Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I was called asked if I would be interested. My background check was done. Then I was told to take drug test. About an hour later accepted the job. Started 3 days later.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

I did not have any sales experience, but anyway they called me. The interview went fine. They should not have wasted my time; even though, they knew I did not have retail (specially high end) experience... I felt like I was just a number to fill in to look like HR doing their job.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions like what your previous employers would say about you. How would you approach an upset customer? whos your favorite designer? Why neiman marcus? Whats your career goal? Any questions from me? It lasted about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

I was called in for an interview the day after I applied online. I wasn't too sure about the position seeing as I have never worked in retail. The interviewer seemed less than professional and far from prepared. Her first question was "what do you think about fashion?".. I was more so expecting questions about weaknesses/strengths, past work experiences etc. I could tell she had never really even looked at my resume or noted anything I had done. It was a painfully awkward interview with very little input from her. I really could not wait to get it over with. I was not sure what type of person she was looking for, but I know it was not me. My real assumption was she was looking for someone similar to her-- stuck up with a "whatever" attitude. I hope she doesn't work with customers!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just questions that were unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interviews with hr assistant and hr. Then called back to meet with department managers.
    Questions were simple testing product knowledge and importance of sales and hitting goals.
    Proof our past accomplishment should help land the job

Interview Questions
    • Asked about clients I couldn't remember   View Answer
    Negotiated more. They will give you a high bar pay.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2013.

They give you a ridiculous retail mathematics examination which not enough time is given for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions became more complex as they wanted you to compare percentages (which you must calculate) comparing different stocks and item numbers within a certain month or year all within one question! on average, the questions take approx 2-3 minutes to thoroughly calculate yet they expect you to provide the right answer in 30 SECONDS! insane!   View Answer

PR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2013.

I was brought in for two interviews and asked the expected questions. Everyone I met was very kind. I met with two people for the first interview and only one person, the intended supervisor, when called back for the second interview. I made sure to prepare myself with previous events that the store hosted and that I knew the company's history.

Interview Questions
    • We also have internal candidates who are up for this job. What can you bring to this position that they can't?   View Answer

Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Phone screen, followed by two 1:1 interviews with members of the team

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard. They don't ask anything unexpected. Mostly questions about your background and how your prior experiences can contribute to the team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.