Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

2.6

Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Phone screen, followed by two 1:1 interviews with members of the team

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard. They don't ask anything unexpected. Mostly questions about your background and how your prior experiences can contribute to the team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Submitted resume online to the company website. Was called in for a interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. Interviewed with the HR manager and then a 2nd interview right after with a department manager. Very laid back interview. Offered position. Asked to complete drug and background testing. Started the job about a week later.

nonw.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2013.

The interview process was pretty good. Once the recruiter passed me onto the internal people, I think I had to wait 48 hours before I did a phone screen with HR, followed up with a phone screen with the hiring manager and a follow up with the department head. The 2 phone calls with manager and department head were technical and thought provoking to see how i thought and figured out problems; I'd call it standard as far as the questions asked nothing too hard or difficult to answer or work thru.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine the size of a heel from pictures using computer analysis?   Answer Question

Manager of Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2013.

Interviewer did not call at scheduled time.

Neither the interviewer, nor anyone else at the company, called to apologize.

My recruiter was extremely embarrassed and not surprised that I withdrew from the interview process.

I hope Glassdoor publicizes cases like this, they tell you a lot about company culture. Actions like this can be expected in employment as well as afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2013.

First a simple phone interview and then two more in-person interviews which were fun and conversational. Had to take a drug test and the results took long.

Interview Questions
    • Most dificult question would be "what would you bring to the store?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because they are budgeted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2012.

Applied online for a different position. They did not respond after 3 weeks so I decided to check my application by going in their office. Hiring manager came and asked me about my application. She then went back in her office again while asking me to wait at the waiting area. I heard her printing papers so I guess it's the only time she checked my application and printed my resume. Took a while for her to come back out. She then explained that they aren't really hiring for the position I applied for yet and that the only positions available are for Sales Associates. I really don't understand the logic behind her posting a position as open but isn't really hiring. They didn't really posted that they are hiring for sales associates and yet she was asking me if I'm interested in that.

She interviewed me a bit (while we were at the waiting area) and asked about my experience. I was interviewed with the department manager next. When the interview went well, I got interviewed by an HR coordinator next who offered me the job. I guess they really need a sales associate at the moment to hire me on-the-spot.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are basic job interview questions. There were some situational questions about how to handle difficult customers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it's more like take it or leave it.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2012.

Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

You apply online and someone from HR will contact you. After that you will interview with the department manager. My interview consisted of my manager asking me about certain fashion trends and at first it seemed like a really good job. He told me there would "several private events" for customers only, when really it was just times where caterers would walk around the store with appetizers for customers shopping. After interviewing with the department manager you interview with the merchandise manager, not the HR manager. The merchandise manager basically reiterated what the department manager had said. They did not mention the long, boring 8 hour days where you would be standing on your feet. If you sold a lot, you could sit down, if you didn't you were always being asked questions and asked to refold everything and change hangers, which is a standard part of the position, but only the lower end associates were asked to do it. My manager definitely played favorites.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

I applied online for a sales associate position in cosmetics. I currently work as a freelance makeup artist and also worked in retail sales previously. About 4 days after I submitted my online application, which consisted of a skills test and personality test I received a call to come in for an interview. Two days later I met with two of the hiring managers. I expected to have to answer the typical interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses but that was not the case. They were more interested in my previous experience and what my future career goals are. They are making a decision sometime next week, so I will update my review then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

great aptitude test, great personalized one on one training

Interview Questions
    • I was okay just be yourself and be engaged when speaking and listening   Answer Question
    what they offered versus what I wanted and what I was able to perform at that time.