Neiman Marcus Product Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume on line, had a recommendation, I was called pretty quickly. Went to interview with one of the two managers. Straight forward questions, explained job they were offering ( not the job I applied for ), told me I needed to speak to other manager, never did. Was called about a week later, and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about previous job conflict and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a position in cosmetics. Was contacted shortly after and set up an interview with the department manager. I went in for my interview that took about an hour. Very friendly and professional overall. I was informed that they would run a background check and that I would be contact by HR to set up a 2nd interview that would be followed by a drug screening. It took about a week for them to get back to me. I was tentatively job offered on the phone and was told that it was pending a negative drug test that I had to complete at an auto generated location within 24 hours. After about 3 days I got a call that everything had cleared and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Miami, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with CHANEL and all Neiman Marcus inteviews were done in one day. Quick and very helpful HR department. Great work culture.

Interview Questions

• How do we know you are going to stay with us long term?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was very generous and I did not feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very casual and informal as I was recruited from another retailer, so they already knew about my sale figures. Had two interviews total, one with the vendor side and one with the Neiman's HR/Dept Manager.

Interview Questions

• what are you going to bring to the table at Neiman Marcus?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

The interview process is tedious!!! Mines took two mths and entailed 6 interviews! The interview with the store manager was intimidating and they seem a bit disorganised as I was going back and forth as they apparently werent't liasing with each other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me $23 but because I know they usually start at $25 and go all the way up to $28 why would I accept that? Anyways so I informed the HR person making me the offer that I need a minimum of $25 in a couple hours she called back and gave me $25.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process seemed excessive; not the number of interviews but the time between each interview. It took about 4 weeks for me to get to a final interview because they require you to go through HR, then the department manager and then you have to interview with one or more cosmetic vendors. The executives from the cosmetic companies are usually not local so you'll have to wait to meet with them when they happen to be in town. The communication between the store and the cosmetic executives seems to be lacking a bit as well.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a slow weekday, what would you do to make your goal for the day?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2012.

Interview

The process is tedious but well worth it. I first submitted an open app on the website. Ultimately, I was hired after interview and negotiation process took just over 3 weeks. It consisted of 8 interviews between the company and and the brand I represent…Area Dir. of brand (2), Acct. Exec of brand (1), Merchandise Manager (1), Dept. Mgr (1), and HR (3). Of course you encounter the same attitudes in any beauty department but over all this has to be one of the most pleasant experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• If you were given $1,000,000 but could not give it to a non-profit or use it on yourself, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer was low but that is the nature of most HR Reps. I was fortunate to be in a position to know the salary range from an insider. It took an additional 8 days but I was finally able to talk them up from $24 to $28 per hour.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Department Manager, HR Manager, Account Executive, General Manager, Account National Sales Director and Account CEO; very long interview process, but well worth it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $22/hour firm and was told by HR they were not flexible on the pay. I accepted as I really need a job. Several months later I was able to negotiate to $28/hour because I was considering resigning.