Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (McLean, VA) in December 2009.

Interview

Got a call, came in, interviewed with five people, then a credit, criminal, and drug tests are performed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied for position in October. Received a phone call and email from HR. Interviewed with Hiring Manager one week after applying. Two days later met with HR. Each Interview lasted one hour. Loved the people I met with and hope to be selected. Energetic company. Loved It.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into retail sales?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Interviews with hr assistant and hr. Then called back to meet with department managers. Questions were simple testing product knowledge and importance of sales and hitting goals. Proof our past accomplishment should help land the job

Interview Questions

• Asked about clients I couldn't remember   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated more. They will give you a high bar pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2012.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very thorough and informative. Both the HR assistant and the department manager for the position available provided great information and feedback about the company, the job responsibilities, and the job attributes. They were also extremely wonderful about communication and availability for questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult situation with a customer, and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Interview

I did not have any sales experience, but anyway they called me. The interview went fine. They should not have wasted my time; even though, they knew I did not have retail (specially high end) experience... I felt like I was just a number to fill in to look like HR doing their job.

Interview Questions

• basic questions like what your previous employers would say about you. How would you approach an upset customer? whos your favorite designer? Why neiman marcus? Whats your career goal? Any questions from me? It lasted about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a sales associate position in cosmetics. I currently work as a freelance makeup artist and also worked in retail sales previously. About 4 days after I submitted my online application, which consisted of a skills test and personality test I received a call to come in for an interview. Two days later I met with two of the hiring managers. I expected to have to answer the typical interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses but that was not the case. They were more interested in my previous experience and what my future career goals are. They are making a decision sometime next week, so I will update my review then.

Interview Questions

• Why Neiman Marcus?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you instead of someone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location. The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions. After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   1 Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was very good. Very enthusiastic and positive. Was an extremely positive process. I interviewed with a lady first who asked me general questions on my experience and she gave me a few scenarios regarding retail and customer service, then I had an immediate 2nd interview with the HR manager who talked with me for about 40 minutes. Mainly an engaging conversation on general

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

great aptitude test, great personalized one on one training

Interview Questions

• I was okay just be yourself and be engaged when speaking and listening   Answer Question

Negotiation

what they offered versus what I wanted and what I was able to perform at that time.