Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in December 2009.

Got a call, came in, interviewed with five people, then a credit, criminal, and drug tests are performed

None

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2011.

Applied for position in October. Received a phone call and email from HR. Interviewed with Hiring Manager one week after applying. Two days later met with HR. Each Interview lasted one hour. Loved the people I met with and hope to be selected. Energetic company. Loved It.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into retail sales?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2012.

I found the interview process to be very thorough and informative. Both the HR assistant and the department manager for the position available provided great information and feedback about the company, the job responsibilities, and the job attributes. They were also extremely wonderful about communication and availability for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most difficult situation with a customer, and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

I applied online for a sales associate position in cosmetics. I currently work as a freelance makeup artist and also worked in retail sales previously. About 4 days after I submitted my online application, which consisted of a skills test and personality test I received a call to come in for an interview. Two days later I met with two of the hiring managers. I expected to have to answer the typical interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses but that was not the case. They were more interested in my previous experience and what my future career goals are. They are making a decision sometime next week, so I will update my review then.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interviews with hr assistant and hr. Then called back to meet with department managers.
    Questions were simple testing product knowledge and importance of sales and hitting goals.
    Proof our past accomplishment should help land the job

Interview Questions
    • Asked about clients I couldn't remember   View Answer
    Negotiated more. They will give you a high bar pay.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

I did not have any sales experience, but anyway they called me. The interview went fine. They should not have wasted my time; even though, they knew I did not have retail (specially high end) experience... I felt like I was just a number to fill in to look like HR doing their job.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions like what your previous employers would say about you. How would you approach an upset customer? whos your favorite designer? Why neiman marcus? Whats your career goal? Any questions from me? It lasted about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2012.

was fine. People who interviewing are usually nice and profeccional. Although they still make an impression that you will have a good money working for Neiman. It looks like you have all the opportunity to sell as much as you can and have a good money for comission. In reality it doesnt look that sunny. I ended up with no more then 1300 a month, working a lot and being super tired after every working day. Important thing is also which department you will get into. I was not lucky, so, may be other people in the store have a better chance to make their money in Neiman. Dress department just is not that place

Interview Questions
    • Return policy. No matter how hard you worked to make a sale, when people return it - they took it back from your comissions. So, you can never know how much you get in return and how much money you can count on. Which is not fare I think   Answer Question
    there is no negotiations, jus comission based pay

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Unprofessional interview. I was disappointed for such a big company, especially Neiman Marcus. I expected a class act and their interview process was not good. They called me over the phone and scheduled an interview. I drove an hour to get to the interview and then they called me just 20 minutes before my scheduled interview time and said they had to reschedule. I was sitting in the parking lot, well dressed and well prepared, waiting to go in when they called so I was already frustrated with them. We rescheduled for a couple of days later. When I finally got to the interview, the woman who interviewed me was constantly excusing herself and at one point asked me to wait in the lobby. I think in half an hour we started and stopped the interview at least three or four times. She hardly asked me much of anything, and she seemed like she just wanted to wrap it up and get out of there. At this point I just was not impressed and was not interested in working there.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't think there were any difficult questions at all. I expected the interview to be more in depth. I also was not able to ask the questions I wanted answered because she was in a hurry to wrap it up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online and was called less than a week later. At this time I was asked several questions over the phone about my experience. I was then invited for an in person interview, which actually consisted of 3 interviews (one with the assistant HR manager, one with HR manager, and finally an interview with the department manager). I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly hard. Mostly what would you do in so and so situation and personality type questions. They know lots of issues come up with commission environments and want to know how you would handle situations where say your co-worker takes your sale.   View Answer
    All associates are on draw vs. commission, so there isn't much to negotiate. Each department you sell from has it's own percentage that you will receive from that sale (cosmetics 9%, jewelry 7.5%, shoes 9%, etc).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2013.

Applied Online, got a call back a few days later. Had a one on one interview with the HR department. He was a bit in a hurry right when i got there so that made me even more nervous. He asked me about 3 simple questions and asked if i had any questions for him, so i asked about the company. He then asked me my availability which was Full time. He then again asked me if i had any other questions for him. I did asked him a final question, he answered then AGAIN asked if i had any other questions for him.. Wait? i thought I was being interviewed! After i said no, he answered all my concerns he then stood up and said "Alright thank you." I was very very shocked. Grabbed my stuff and told him to have a great day. Even if i got i call back, i think i would have declined considering how i was treated.

Interview Questions

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!