Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was very good. Very enthusiastic and positive. Was an extremely positive process. I interviewed with a lady first who asked me general questions on my experience and she gave me a few scenarios regarding retail and customer service, then I had an immediate 2nd interview with the HR manager who talked with me for about 40 minutes. Mainly an engaging conversation on general

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Interview

I did not have any sales experience, but anyway they called me. The interview went fine. They should not have wasted my time; even though, they knew I did not have retail (specially high end) experience... I felt like I was just a number to fill in to look like HR doing their job.

Interview Questions

• basic questions like what your previous employers would say about you. How would you approach an upset customer? whos your favorite designer? Why neiman marcus? Whats your career goal? Any questions from me? It lasted about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Interviews with hr assistant and hr. Then called back to meet with department managers.
    Questions were simple testing product knowledge and importance of sales and hitting goals.
    Proof our past accomplishment should help land the job

Interview Questions

• Asked about clients I couldn't remember   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated more. They will give you a high bar pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Submitted resume online to the company website. Was called in for a interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. Interviewed with the HR manager and then a 2nd interview right after with a department manager. Very laid back interview. Offered position. Asked to complete drug and background testing. Started the job about a week later.

Negotiation

nonw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

First a simple phone interview and then two more in-person interviews which were fun and conversational. Had to take a drug test and the results took long.

Interview Questions

• Most dificult question would be "what would you bring to the store?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because they are budgeted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a different position. They did not respond after 3 weeks so I decided to check my application by going in their office. Hiring manager came and asked me about my application. She then went back in her office again while asking me to wait at the waiting area. I heard her printing papers so I guess it's the only time she checked my application and printed my resume. Took a while for her to come back out. She then explained that they aren't really hiring for the position I applied for yet and that the only positions available are for Sales Associates. I really don't understand the logic behind her posting a position as open but isn't really hiring. They didn't really posted that they are hiring for sales associates and yet she was asking me if I'm interested in that.

She interviewed me a bit (while we were at the waiting area) and asked about my experience. I was interviewed with the department manager next. When the interview went well, I got interviewed by an HR coordinator next who offered me the job. I guess they really need a sales associate at the moment to hire me on-the-spot.

Interview Questions

• Questions are basic job interview questions. There were some situational questions about how to handle difficult customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's more like take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position and received a phone call with an invitation for an interview a couple of days later. Interview itself was easy, they basically just wanted to understand my personality type, experience in retail (luxury retail), explained the absolute significance of customer experience to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Canoga Park, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

You apply online and someone from HR will contact you. After that you will interview with the department manager. My interview consisted of my manager asking me about certain fashion trends and at first it seemed like a really good job. He told me there would "several private events" for customers only, when really it was just times where caterers would walk around the store with appetizers for customers shopping. After interviewing with the department manager you interview with the merchandise manager, not the HR manager. The merchandise manager basically reiterated what the department manager had said. They did not mention the long, boring 8 hour days where you would be standing on your feet. If you sold a lot, you could sit down, if you didn't you were always being asked questions and asked to refold everything and change hangers, which is a standard part of the position, but only the lower end associates were asked to do it. My manager definitely played favorites.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a sales associate position in cosmetics. I currently work as a freelance makeup artist and also worked in retail sales previously. About 4 days after I submitted my online application, which consisted of a skills test and personality test I received a call to come in for an interview. Two days later I met with two of the hiring managers. I expected to have to answer the typical interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses but that was not the case. They were more interested in my previous experience and what my future career goals are. They are making a decision sometime next week, so I will update my review then.

Interview Questions

• Why Neiman Marcus?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you instead of someone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

great aptitude test, great personalized one on one training

Interview Questions

• I was okay just be yourself and be engaged when speaking and listening   Answer Question

Negotiation

what they offered versus what I wanted and what I was able to perform at that time.