Neiman Marcus

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – Interviews with hr assistant and hr. Then called back to meet with department managers.
Questions were simple testing product knowledge and importance of sales and hitting goals.
Proof our past accomplishment should help land the job

Interview Question – Asked about clients I couldn't remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated more. They will give you a high bar pay.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for a different position. They did not respond after 3 weeks so I decided to check my application by going in their office. Hiring manager came and asked me about my application. She then went back in her office again while asking me to wait at the waiting area. I heard her printing papers so I guess it's the only time she checked my application and printed my resume. Took a while for her to come back out. She then explained that they aren't really hiring for the position I applied for yet and that the only positions available are for Sales Associates. I really don't understand the logic behind her posting a position as open but isn't really hiring. They didn't really posted that they are hiring for sales associates and yet she was asking me if I'm interested in that.

She interviewed me a bit (while we were at the waiting area) and asked about my experience. I was interviewed with the department manager next. When the interview went well, I got interviewed by an HR coordinator next who offered me the job. I guess they really need a sales associate at the moment to hire me on-the-spot.

Interview Question – Questions are basic job interview questions. There were some situational questions about how to handle difficult customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's more like take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online to the company website. Was called in for a interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. Interviewed with the HR manager and then a 2nd interview right after with a department manager. Very laid back interview. Offered position. Asked to complete drug and background testing. Started the job about a week later.

Negotiation Details – nonw.

Canoga Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

Interview Details – You apply online and someone from HR will contact you. After that you will interview with the department manager. My interview consisted of my manager asking me about certain fashion trends and at first it seemed like a really good job. He told me there would "several private events" for customers only, when really it was just times where caterers would walk around the store with appetizers for customers shopping. After interviewing with the department manager you interview with the merchandise manager, not the HR manager. The merchandise manager basically reiterated what the department manager had said. They did not mention the long, boring 8 hour days where you would be standing on your feet. If you sold a lot, you could sit down, if you didn't you were always being asked questions and asked to refold everything and change hangers, which is a standard part of the position, but only the lower end associates were asked to do it. My manager definitely played favorites.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a sales associate position in cosmetics. I currently work as a freelance makeup artist and also worked in retail sales previously. About 4 days after I submitted my online application, which consisted of a skills test and personality test I received a call to come in for an interview. Two days later I met with two of the hiring managers. I expected to have to answer the typical interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses but that was not the case. They were more interested in my previous experience and what my future career goals are. They are making a decision sometime next week, so I will update my review then.

Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for position in October. Received a phone call and email from HR. Interviewed with Hiring Manager one week after applying. Two days later met with HR. Each Interview lasted one hour. Loved the people I met with and hope to be selected. Energetic company. Loved It.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into retail sales?   View Answer

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2009.

Interview Details – I called HR after months had passed and I had not heard back from the hiring manager. Days later, the hiring manager called and scheduled an interview with me. The interview was very short. Questions included: Why do want to work for Neiman Marcus? What's a memorable customer service experience? The manager asked about clienteling etc. I did was not offered the job because my school schedule interfered with the work schedule.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in December 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call, came in, interviewed with five people, then a credit, criminal, and drug tests are performed

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview Details – In-store computer assessment
Very easy, just try to be the best person you can think of

Interview Question – no really difficult question   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2012.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be very thorough and informative. Both the HR assistant and the department manager for the position available provided great information and feedback about the company, the job responsibilities, and the job attributes. They were also extremely wonderful about communication and availability for questions.

Interview Question – Describe your most difficult situation with a customer, and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question