Nektar Therapeutics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Scientist Interview

Principal Scientist
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Close to industry standard. Required presentation only included senior staff. Co-workers only met over lunch. Interview process took about 5 hours and most had 2 interviewers.
 Travel and hotel were arranged and pre-paid, meals and incidental expenses were not.
Pre-interview responses from HR were slow, even for working through a recruiter.

Interview Question – How do you feel about winter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated sign-on bonus and PTO. Nothing else was considered

QA Interview

QA
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics.

Interview Details – Good process, and very thorough; but took way too long to finally get an offer and start date.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rigid, inflexible

Mgt, Medical Writing Interview

Mgt, Medical Writing
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics in May 2012.

Interview Details – A third-party recruiter told me about a "Manager, Medical Writing" position that was available, and the company's website showed both a "Manager" and "Director" position available. Therefore, it seemed that the company was willing to consider a candidate for any mid-mgt position within Medical Writing. After phone-screening with the third-party recruiter, I phone-screened with the in-house recruiter, and then with the hiring manager. Things went no further.

To this day, both positions remain open and I've seen ads from other recruiters trying to fill the "Manager" position as a contract opportunity. Obviously, this company is looking for some kind of medical writing virtuoso and hasn't found it. Mind you, it's not a terribly successful company so it makes me wonder what sort of candidate they can realistically expect.

Interview Question – From the hiring manager: "Have I missed any opportunities with regard to the kinds of documents our department should be writing?"   View Answer

Research Associate III Interview

Research Associate III
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then a full day interview with 5-6 different people ranging from mangers to coworkers including lunch. most of the questions were very straight forward. Lunch was fun and the best way to see if you will like the company it to ask the coworkers that take you to lunch. Ask their honest opinion and what they like or dont like about their jobs.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation when in conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Turned down 1st offer and received a higher offer that I accepted.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics in July 2009.

Interview Details – Had an HR interview over the phone, one week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Flew in for a full day in person interview, gave a presentation to the group after the lunch interview followed by more one- on - one interviews. Lots of great technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didnt need to, good offer.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
San Carlos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics in April 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by company HR Manager as a result of a referral. Was invited to an on-site interview after the phone interview. Received clear and concise agenda and directions via email. Interviewed by 3 people, 30 minutes each. Hiring manager set clear expectation of when I will be notified of outcome. Was contacted by phone as scheduled that they selected another candidate. The interview was cordial. The office is OK.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Chemist

The process took a day - interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics in January 2007.

Interview Details – interviewer was very cordial and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• questions focused on the percentage of time spent at the bench versus supervising direct reports?   View Answer
  • How do you motivate your direct reports?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nektar Therapeutics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nektar Therapeutics interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nektar Therapeutics employees and interview candidates.