Nelnet Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.5

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nelnet.

It was a very long drawn out somewhat disorganized process. I was actually offered the position via email weeks after I was flown to the home office for two days of testing and interviews. It was the usual type of testing and interviews with multiple people. I also spent a lot of time with HR for the testing and other formality type business.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember, it was the usual stuff, however I found out after being hired that my manager had misrepresented things that she had said.   Answer Question

IT Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nelnet in June 2014.

Was contacted by an Insight Global representative for a position she thought would fit my experience via email. Emailed back and said "I was interested" and she moved forward with the process at Nelnet company and contacting my prior Manager. Interview was scheduled a few days later with Nelnet's Manager, Developer and Engineer on a Wednesday. Was contacted 2 days later by Insight Global representative with a job offer from Nelnet which I accepted.
    Then moved forward with all the paper work through Insight Global and all the other requirements to work at Nelnet.

Interview Questions
    A job offer was contacted by phone which was accepted, no negotiation was done. Was very happy with offer.

CPC Manual Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nelnet in April 2014.

Interview with a staffing agency (two in-person interviews with the recruiter and account manager) and then job offer as a contracted part-time assignment with Nelnet. Hiring process was fast, received a quick reply from the staffing agency (within a day) after submitting online application. There were some online assessments there were quite tedious but they were easy and the results were received a few days later. Paper-work was done promptly and was ready to begin the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Routine questions, previous employment experience, skills needed for the job. Ability to be confidential about personal information.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. It was a fixed hourly salary with govt fringe benefits.

CPC Manual Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nelnet in September 2013.

Very simple interview, although I was hired through a temp agency, so most of the interviewing was conducted by the agency. Actual interview with Nelnet was probably less than five minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, basically can you sit at a computer all day and do repetitive work.   View Answer
    None

Intern Interview

Found the job posting online. A simple phone interview, first round interview with recruiter and hiring manager roughly and hour long and then a second interview with regional manager and hiring manager about half an hour long.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase, however hourly pay was more than generous.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelnet in August 2012.

I had one interview and because of my experience i got the job on the spot.

Student Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nelnet in March 2011.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter after applying online. I was informed during this call that I was selected for a pre-interview questionnaire that had to be taken in office. I took the test, which were two separate questionnaires to determine if my morals were on par with the company standard. After this, I was informed a few days later that I would be moved on in the interview process. They set the interview up and informed me who I would be interviewing with. Once I arrived for the interview, I learned that I was not, in fact, interviewing with the Supervisor, but his backup, the team-lead. The interview was short and to the point, but never really stated what the job was, even after questions being asked about it. I was hired later that day and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which you were accused of doing something wrong, when it was not your fault?   Answer Question
    I was told the amount I would be paid. Moving from a student-worker position, there wasn't much negotiation on my part.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nelnet in July 2010.

I applied online via their career portal and was contacted by phone a few weeks later. An interview was scheduled which included a standardized computer test and a sit down interview with one of the department supervisors. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes and I was extended an offer within three hours of the interview via phone call.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nelnet in June 2010.

I applied online for a position as a Customer Service Representative. I got a call back just a few days later, asking me to come in for an interview in two days. The interview was very straightforward and fairly quick. First, I met with the Human Resources Manager and she asked me basic questions about my past experience, objectives, etc. Then, I met with a team leader who asked me more specific behavioral questions and gave me some hypothetical scenarios. All in all, the process was thorough and very professional, especially considering the position I was applying for was temporary and entry-level. A thorough background check was also performed (they contacted all my past employers).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found out a fellow employee was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelnet in August 2008.

take IQ type test to test analytical skills, etc. 1-1 interview, group interview

no negoiation - accepted offer