Nelnet

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Writer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelnet.

Interview Details – Internal offer, no interview. Former person left and position needed to be filled immediately. Was asked if I wanted to position, management mentioned we could discuss salary "in a year, maybe six months." I completed my own employee-change paperwork and trained on new job while maintaining former workload.

Very Easy Interview

CPC Manual Operator Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nelnet in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, although I was hired through a temp agency, so most of the interviewing was conducted by the agency. Actual interview with Nelnet was probably less than five minutes.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, basically can you sit at a computer all day and do repetitive work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Collector Interview

Collector
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelnet in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview and because of my experience i got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Nelnet

Interview Details – Found the job posting online. A simple phone interview, first round interview with recruiter and hiring manager roughly and hour long and then a second interview with regional manager and hiring manager about half an hour long.

Interview Question – When was the last time you laughed at yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, however hourly pay was more than generous.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nelnet in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online via their career portal and was contacted by phone a few weeks later. An interview was scheduled which included a standardized computer test and a sit down interview with one of the department supervisors. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes and I was extended an offer within three hours of the interview via phone call.

Interview Question – If you were a fruit what would you be?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Loan Advisor Interview

Loan Advisor
Aurora, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelnet in May 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was easy. Often times they use stuffing agencies.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Student Loan Advisor Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nelnet in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by the recruiter after applying online. I was informed during this call that I was selected for a pre-interview questionnaire that had to be taken in office. I took the test, which were two separate questionnaires to determine if my morals were on par with the company standard. After this, I was informed a few days later that I would be moved on in the interview process. They set the interview up and informed me who I would be interviewing with. Once I arrived for the interview, I learned that I was not, in fact, interviewing with the Supervisor, but his backup, the team-lead. The interview was short and to the point, but never really stated what the job was, even after questions being asked about it. I was hired later that day and started the following Monday.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation in which you were accused of doing something wrong, when it was not your fault?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told the amount I would be paid. Moving from a student-worker position, there wasn't much negotiation on my part.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nelnet in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for a position as a Customer Service Representative. I got a call back just a few days later, asking me to come in for an interview in two days. The interview was very straightforward and fairly quick. First, I met with the Human Resources Manager and she asked me basic questions about my past experience, objectives, etc. Then, I met with a team leader who asked me more specific behavioral questions and gave me some hypothetical scenarios. All in all, the process was thorough and very professional, especially considering the position I was applying for was temporary and entry-level. A thorough background check was also performed (they contacted all my past employers).

Interview Question – What would you do if you found out a fellow employee was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nelnet in February 2008.

Interview Details – Very professional. Initial phone interview, followed by one on one with future boss. Typical question about skill sets, situational "how did you handle'... questions

Interview Question – Tell me a time when a customer was irate, your company was in the wrong and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get money up front. Pay low wages and stingy with increases and bonuses. Will make promises but not fulfill them, with no intention of fulfilling them in the first place.

Technical Analyst Interview

Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Nelnet in August 2008.

Interview Details – take IQ type test to test analytical skills, etc. 1-1 interview, group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negoiation - accepted offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nelnet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nelnet interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nelnet employees and interview candidates.