Nelnet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.5

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Two interviews - the first with the hiring manager and HR and the second with peer managers in the department. Both were very routine interviews, but all parties involved were very welcoming. They were honest and upfront with questions I had about the role and work environment.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nelnet (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Panel interview, very scripted, already knew who they were going to hire when interviews were set, the application to interview to hire process is very long, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month.

Interview Questions

• Scripted questions, "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation, how did you handle it"   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nelnet.

Interview

It was a very long drawn out somewhat disorganized process. I was actually offered the position via email weeks after I was flown to the home office for two days of testing and interviews. It was the usual type of testing and interviews with multiple people. I also spent a lot of time with HR for the testing and other formality type business.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember, it was the usual stuff, however I found out after being hired that my manager had misrepresented things that she had said.   Answer Question

IT Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nelnet (Highlands Ranch, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an Insight Global representative for a position she thought would fit my experience via email. Emailed back and said "I was interested" and she moved forward with the process at Nelnet company and contacting my prior Manager. Interview was scheduled a few days later with Nelnet's Manager, Developer and Engineer on a Wednesday. Was contacted 2 days later by Insight Global representative with a job offer from Nelnet which I accepted.
    Then moved forward with all the paper work through Insight Global and all the other requirements to work at Nelnet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A job offer was contacted by phone which was accepted, no negotiation was done. Was very happy with offer.

CPC Manual Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with a staffing agency (two in-person interviews with the recruiter and account manager) and then job offer as a contracted part-time assignment with Nelnet. Hiring process was fast, received a quick reply from the staffing agency (within a day) after submitting online application. There were some online assessments there were quite tedious but they were easy and the results were received a few days later. Paper-work was done promptly and was ready to begin the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• Routine questions, previous employment experience, skills needed for the job. Ability to be confidential about personal information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. It was a fixed hourly salary with govt fringe benefits.

CPC Manual Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in September 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, although I was hired through a temp agency, so most of the interviewing was conducted by the agency. Actual interview with Nelnet was probably less than five minutes.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, basically can you sit at a computer all day and do repetitive work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Interview

Found the job posting online. A simple phone interview, first round interview with recruiter and hiring manager roughly and hour long and then a second interview with regional manager and hiring manager about half an hour long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, however hourly pay was more than generous.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nelnet (Aurora, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I had one interview and because of my experience i got the job on the spot.

Student Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter after applying online. I was informed during this call that I was selected for a pre-interview questionnaire that had to be taken in office. I took the test, which were two separate questionnaires to determine if my morals were on par with the company standard. After this, I was informed a few days later that I would be moved on in the interview process. They set the interview up and informed me who I would be interviewing with. Once I arrived for the interview, I learned that I was not, in fact, interviewing with the Supervisor, but his backup, the team-lead. The interview was short and to the point, but never really stated what the job was, even after questions being asked about it. I was hired later that day and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you were accused of doing something wrong, when it was not your fault?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the amount I would be paid. Moving from a student-worker position, there wasn't much negotiation on my part.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nelnet (Lincoln, NE) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online via their career portal and was contacted by phone a few weeks later. An interview was scheduled which included a standardized computer test and a sit down interview with one of the department supervisors. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes and I was extended an offer within three hours of the interview via phone call.