Nelson Staffing

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in August 2014.

Call to make an appointment. Front desk is very helpful to answer questions and make an interview. Remember to bring two forms of ID. You will need 3 previous employer or personal contacts that can verify your employment or vouch for you. Meet with your job placement coordinator on scheduled meeting/interview. Discuss your work history (what you've done, how long, all the things you are great at), prospected/desired employment, maybe a computer (Microsoft word, Excel and typing) test before or after interview. Then wait for a call. Once called for a prospective job placement, they will notify you of possible drug testing needed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things that are great about you? If there was another candidate that had the same experience, what is unique about you specifically?   View Answer
    They call to ask if you'd be willing to take a job for certain amount of hours a week and certain amount of days/weeks/months in a certain company and location. You can decline.

Assistant Recruiter Interview

Applicants are reached out by the recruiter of business development within the firm you applied at. When you come in for your interview you are given an immense amount of paperwork as if already been hired. This process is loathed by most applicants and sometimes is followed by IQ testing.

Interview Questions
    • How easily can you read people and have you ever been wrong   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nelson Staffing in September 2013.

1 phone interview and an onsite interview, the staffing agency does a nice job prepping you before the interview before you go onsite to Google for the official onsite. I would recommend prepping the basics (biggest weakness, strength, etc.) and then how you handle stress, project management, and monotonous work

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions I was asked were pretty standard. Prepare yourself for some logistics questions (like potential interview disasters and how you would handle them --> ex: What would you do if the first interviewer doesn't show up, you don't have a room to interview in, etc.)
      Also, be able to answer how you deal with monotonous work.
        Answer Question
    They tried to rush me into giving them a response right away -- only gave me 1 business day, but requested to have a week.

Clerical & Administrative Support Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in April 2013.

The application process took place via Internet and was completed at my office appointment. My appointment took place with the head placement coordinator and any supplemental paper work was completed. A face to face interview took place discussing my resume and various marketable skills. Also tests were administered via a website.

Interview Questions
    • All basic information requested in typical work interviews with a bit more focus on the various marketable skills and the level of proficiency possessed.   Answer Question
    I was able to provide my ideal pay rate as well as the lowest acceptable.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in March 2013.

Talk with hiring manager and was invited to meet in person. It was a great interview very relaxed and great connection.

Interview Questions
    • If you had your dream job what would it be?   View Answer

Temporary Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in December 2012.

The hiring and interview process was very long and painstaking (except for the interview itself), especially in light of the fact that several years ago I was in their system... however they stated I had to come in again and re-apply. If I remember correctly, I was there approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours, AND I had to actually have more information than I was notified on the phone, which resulted in more time outside of the Nelson Staffing offices and a return trip back. It was also challenging, because since my previous job I've been self-employed on a variety of freelance entertainment industry productions... which information doesn't exactly fit inside the same structured context as the status quo application questions/boxes.

Interview Questions
    • I don't clearly remember a super challenging interview question, however when filling out the paperwork and just being in the interview, it was so foreign to what I've been used to the past several years as a freelance person in the entertainment industry profession... so the most challenging thing of it all was the vastly different structure and the fact that I was so outside of my comfort zone.   Answer Question
    The temporary agency accepted me (again), and the woman who interviewed me was very pleased and thought it would be extremely helpful that I was actually applying for true temp. positions as opposed to permanent positions. Nonetheless, I think I was only submitted for one or two positions, which I did not end up getting hired onto... and I've been recently informed it's currently a dry market.

Technical Sourcer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in June 2011.

The interviewing process was nothing unexpected. It starts off with a phone screen, waited a week and then an in-person interview with a few team members, a final in-personal interview happened a week later and offer was extended. During the interview, everyone was very nice and professional, it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected because they are all general interviewing questions   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in May 2010.

A group of us were sent to a conference room and the recruiters explained the history of the company, the job responsibilities and what was to be expected of us at the company. the one on one interview was just the recruiter trying to find out about what your work experiences were. all of the staff seemed pretty nice and i didn't have to wait long.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in October 2009.

The recruiter had a form and asked at least 25 questions and wrote down my answers. It was not a conversation, more a form filling out experience. No chance to build rapport Questions were very specific, such as what industry do you want to work in? and when I said it didn't matter, she said, well what industry do you not want to work in?. I persisted in saying that my human resources skills are transferable to any industry. I did not want to disqualify myself for any job opportunity. THEN, she said one of her clients was a chicken processing plan and some desks faced the place where the chickens are losing their heads. How would I feel about that?
    C'mon, are you KIDDING me? She wad dead serious. I said, yes, you are right, that probably would be one industry I would not want to work in. And this is one interview I wish I didn't go on. Nelson staffing has very few jobs. In this slump they seem to be building their applicant data base to keep their staff busy.
    I rated this interview as difficult because it was a waste of my time and left me with a bad feeling about eating chicken :)

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in July 2009.

The interviewer was very friendly. We sat down in a small room within the office area and discussed my expectations for the job, and what Nelson Staffing was willing to offer as well. The interviewer was very cordial and put me at ease during the interview, so the interview was more of a discussion than an interrogation. The interviewer was professional, but not distant. I was only interviewed once.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect from Nelson Staffing as an employer?   Answer Question