Nelson Staffing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Recruiter Interview

Assistant Recruiter

Interviewed at Nelson Staffing

Interview Details – Applicants are reached out by the recruiter of business development within the firm you applied at. When you come in for your interview you are given an immense amount of paperwork as if already been hired. This process is loathed by most applicants and sometimes is followed by IQ testing.

Interview Question – How easily can you read people and have you ever been wrong   Answer Question

Clerical & Administrative Support Temp Interview

Clerical & Administrative Support Temp
Napa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelson Staffing in April 2013.

Interview Details – The application process took place via Internet and was completed at my office appointment. My appointment took place with the head placement coordinator and any supplemental paper work was completed. A face to face interview took place discussing my resume and various marketable skills. Also tests were administered via a website.

Interview Question – All basic information requested in typical work interviews with a bit more focus on the various marketable skills and the level of proficiency possessed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to provide my ideal pay rate as well as the lowest acceptable.

Temporary Positions Interview

Temporary Positions
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelson Staffing in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very long and painstaking (except for the interview itself), especially in light of the fact that several years ago I was in their system... however they stated I had to come in again and re-apply. If I remember correctly, I was there approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours, AND I had to actually have more information than I was notified on the phone, which resulted in more time outside of the Nelson Staffing offices and a return trip back. It was also challenging, because since my previous job I've been self-employed on a variety of freelance entertainment industry productions... which information doesn't exactly fit inside the same structured context as the status quo application questions/boxes.

Interview Question – I don't clearly remember a super challenging interview question, however when filling out the paperwork and just being in the interview, it was so foreign to what I've been used to the past several years as a freelance person in the entertainment industry profession... so the most challenging thing of it all was the vastly different structure and the fact that I was so outside of my comfort zone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The temporary agency accepted me (again), and the woman who interviewed me was very pleased and thought it would be extremely helpful that I was actually applying for true temp. positions as opposed to permanent positions. Nonetheless, I think I was only submitted for one or two positions, which I did not end up getting hired onto... and I've been recently informed it's currently a dry market.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nelson Staffing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talk with hiring manager and was invited to meet in person. It was a great interview very relaxed and great connection.

Interview Question – If you had your dream job what would it be?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelson Staffing in May 2010.

Interview Details – A group of us were sent to a conference room and the recruiters explained the history of the company, the job responsibilities and what was to be expected of us at the company. the one on one interview was just the recruiter trying to find out about what your work experiences were. all of the staff seemed pretty nice and i didn't have to wait long.

Interview Question – why do you want to work at jelly belly?   Answer Question

General Labor Interview

General Labor
Petaluma, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelson Staffing in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly. We sat down in a small room within the office area and discussed my expectations for the job, and what Nelson Staffing was willing to offer as well. The interviewer was very cordial and put me at ease during the interview, so the interview was more of a discussion than an interrogation. The interviewer was professional, but not distant. I was only interviewed once.

Interview Question – What do you expect from Nelson Staffing as an employer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
San Rafael, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nelson Staffing in October 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter had a form and asked at least 25 questions and wrote down my answers. It was not a conversation, more a form filling out experience. No chance to build rapport Questions were very specific, such as what industry do you want to work in? and when I said it didn't matter, she said, well what industry do you not want to work in?. I persisted in saying that my human resources skills are transferable to any industry. I did not want to disqualify myself for any job opportunity. THEN, she said one of her clients was a chicken processing plan and some desks faced the place where the chickens are losing their heads. How would I feel about that?
C'mon, are you KIDDING me? She wad dead serious. I said, yes, you are right, that probably would be one industry I would not want to work in. And this is one interview I wish I didn't go on. Nelson staffing has very few jobs. In this slump they seem to be building their applicant data base to keep their staff busy.
I rated this interview as difficult because it was a waste of my time and left me with a bad feeling about eating chicken :)

Interview Question – What industry would you not want to work in.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Nelson Staffing.

Interview Question – Mostly about why do you wish to work for this company   Answer Question

Worked for Nelson Staffing? Contribute to the Community!