Nelson Staffing Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nelson Staffing (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I came in and let the receptionist know I was here. I waited about 5 minutes until the interviewer came out. The interviewer asked me questions about my skills set and if I'd be okay with taking temp jobs. It was a one on one interview. Also she had me email her my updated resume from her office.

Contract Employee Interview

Interview

Barely a screening process done by the recruiter before your actual phone interview with their client. The recruiter will tell you that it will be a behavioral interview, and tell you to highlight your successes at current and past positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can negotiate, but the recruiter will likely give you just above your current pay if you share that information.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nelson Staffing (Fairfield, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Call to make an appointment. Front desk is very helpful to answer questions and make an interview. Remember to bring two forms of ID. You will need 3 previous employer or personal contacts that can verify your employment or vouch for you. Meet with your job placement coordinator on scheduled meeting/interview. Discuss your work history (what you've done, how long, all the things you are great at), prospected/desired employment, maybe a computer (Microsoft word, Excel and typing) test before or after interview. Then wait for a call. Once called for a prospective job placement, they will notify you of possible drug testing needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that are great about you? If there was another candidate that had the same experience, what is unique about you specifically?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call to ask if you'd be willing to take a job for certain amount of hours a week and certain amount of days/weeks/months in a certain company and location. You can decline.

Assistant Recruiter Interview

Interview

Applicants are reached out by the recruiter of business development within the firm you applied at. When you come in for your interview you are given an immense amount of paperwork as if already been hired. This process is loathed by most applicants and sometimes is followed by IQ testing.

Interview Questions

• How easily can you read people and have you ever been wrong   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nelson Staffing (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Piece of cake. have lots of experience. It seemed more of a formality because the company wanted to hire me. Just not on their own books. Interview was on phone, then phone interview with company inn California I thought I'd be working for, then a contract stipulating Nelson was my employer and I had no rights or benefits at the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview and an onsite interview, the staffing agency does a nice job prepping you before the interview before you go onsite to Google for the official onsite. I would recommend prepping the basics (biggest weakness, strength, etc.) and then how you handle stress, project management, and monotonous work

Interview Questions

• All of the questions I was asked were pretty standard. Prepare yourself for some logistics questions (like potential interview disasters and how you would handle them --> ex: What would you do if the first interviewer doesn't show up, you don't have a room to interview in, etc.)
      Also, be able to answer how you deal with monotonous work.

Answer Question

Negotiation

They tried to rush me into giving them a response right away -- only gave me 1 business day, but requested to have a week.

Clerical & Administrative Support Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing (Napa, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The application process took place via Internet and was completed at my office appointment. My appointment took place with the head placement coordinator and any supplemental paper work was completed. A face to face interview took place discussing my resume and various marketable skills. Also tests were administered via a website.

Interview Questions

• All basic information requested in typical work interviews with a bit more focus on the various marketable skills and the level of proficiency possessed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to provide my ideal pay rate as well as the lowest acceptable.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nelson Staffing (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Talk with hiring manager and was invited to meet in person. It was a great interview very relaxed and great connection.

Interview Questions

• If you had your dream job what would it be?   1 Answer

Temporary Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nelson Staffing (Santa Rosa, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very long and painstaking (except for the interview itself), especially in light of the fact that several years ago I was in their system... however they stated I had to come in again and re-apply. If I remember correctly, I was there approximately 2 1/2 - 3 hours, AND I had to actually have more information than I was notified on the phone, which resulted in more time outside of the Nelson Staffing offices and a return trip back. It was also challenging, because since my previous job I've been self-employed on a variety of freelance entertainment industry productions... which information doesn't exactly fit inside the same structured context as the status quo application questions/boxes.

Interview Questions

• I don't clearly remember a super challenging interview question, however when filling out the paperwork and just being in the interview, it was so foreign to what I've been used to the past several years as a freelance person in the entertainment industry profession... so the most challenging thing of it all was the vastly different structure and the fact that I was so outside of my comfort zone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The temporary agency accepted me (again), and the woman who interviewed me was very pleased and thought it would be extremely helpful that I was actually applying for true temp. positions as opposed to permanent positions. Nonetheless, I think I was only submitted for one or two positions, which I did not end up getting hired onto... and I've been recently informed it's currently a dry market.

Technical Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nelson Staffing in June 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process was nothing unexpected. It starts off with a phone screen, waited a week and then an in-person interview with a few team members, a final in-personal interview happened a week later and offer was extended. During the interview, everyone was very nice and professional, it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected because they are all general interviewing questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate