Neo@Ogilvy

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Search Planner Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy.

Interview Details – My application was referred internally, at which point the HR manager contacted me directly to set up a phone screening. After the screening, I was brought in to interview with 3 different teams, first with each team's more junior members, and then with the two most senior members of each team. I was provided with the job offer a week after interviewing, and the HR manager took the time to call me to make the offer during her Easter Sunday lunch. Very dedicated hiring managers who take the process seriously.

Interview Question – I had transitioned from a field very unrelated to digital marketing, and many of my interview questions were inquiring about the relevance of my background.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Search Planner Interview

Search Planner

Interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy

Interview Details – often promote from within, so while there are a lot of assistants around they are encouraged to stick with Neo and see a career in advertising (which is typically know for its high turnover rate)

Interview Question – Would you switch to a new team if offered a higher position?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategic Investment Planner Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very organized and efficient. I met with both upper and mid-level employees. In all cases, they didn't leave much room to talk about myself and didn't really ask any questions about my abilities per say. Interview lasted about an hour and half. I was told their were looking to hire within the week which ended up not being true. I felt a little lead on but grateful for the opportunity anyway.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy in June 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly a personality interview, i was not asked any questions to see if I was qualified for the job. Just questions to see if my personality was the right fit for the team. I was interviewed by the entire team.

Questions:
What do you like to do for fun?
Are you willing to work long hours?
How would you describe your work ethic?

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy.

Interview Details – HR will call you first for a phone interview. If you meet the qualifications, they will schedule you for an in-person interview at the agency with the team you would could potentially be working with. You will meet with your prospective planner, supervisor, and AMD. They will try their best to sell you on the agency.

Interview Question – What is your role in a team?   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy in March 2010.

Interview Details – also submitted writing samples and case studies after a first round in person interview... the people I spoke with were great. I made it to the final round and didn't get the look for the offer. Those were also rough times for traditional agencies (lots of layoffs). All works out for a reason though

Interview Question – Written essay question essentially: what's the next big trend in digital media?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Neo@Ogilvy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neo@Ogilvy interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Neo@Ogilvy employees and interview candidates.