Neogen

www.neogen.com

Neogen Interview Questions

2.5

Document Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neogen.

I met with two people during my interview process, the department manager and the general manager. The company is a subsidiary of Neogen corporation based out of a different state, I did not meet with anyone from the that company or office during the interview process, which I did not except to do. The interview process took about one hour total, it took place at the office located in Middle River, MD. The office was easy to find and the people were friendly. The facility had an unpleasant odor, I was told that was due to the type of media being formulated that day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my prior experience in an FDA regulated environment.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Neogen in December 2013.

Got called immediately for interview.

Interview Questions
    • None - interviewer had his own conversation or points to put through. No opportunity to speak.   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Neogen.

Hiring is done after the end of the physical year (may 31) so that the company benifits from not offering 1 year anniversary compensations. It took nearly 3 months to get hired because of this.

Interview Questions
    They will not negotiate money, only real posibility is vacation days.

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neogen.

I was first interviewed over the phone by two people. They then called me back later and asked me to come in for a face-to-face interview. At the facility, I was interviewed by four people, one at a time, including one of the people who did the phone interview. Most of them seemed very nice. I was given a brief tour and asked a few questions by each person.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the exact questions, but I was asked how I would prepare certain solutions.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neogen in September 2009.

I applied online and heard back soon after. Came into the main building, an ex-school in Lansing. Met with the guy who would be my boss, a Research Director. He took me on a quick tour around the building. You could definitely tell it used to be a school, but unfortunately Neogen hadn't put much into renovations and the labs looked very old and run-down. Staff seemed to get along well, and from some friends who work in the company, they say their coworkers are Neogen's only high point.

Came back to his office and went through some basic interview questions, nothing difficult, just talking about my previous research experience and why I wanted to work with Neogen. After his interview I went down to their HR offices, and had another quick interview with a guy who explained their benefits to me.

A few days later I received a call with an offer....of about $10/hour. I made more than that working part-time for a lab in college, so needless to say I wasn't thrilled. They weren't willing to negotiate on pay, and I knew starting from that point it would be worthless anyway.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, everything was pretty basic. No technical questions aside from discussing what kind of lab procedures/tests I had experience with.   Answer Question

Pay - it's a little bit of a slap in the face to offer someone with experience and a college degree $10/hour for a full-time job in their field.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neogen in August 2009.

N/A

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neogen.

Positive interactions with the main manager who was hiring for the position. Good interaction (in the interview) with the HR manager. The CEO got nervous about my salary expectations. In the end, they decided not to fill the position. Also - the HR person did not reimburse me for all my interview expenses - cut them about 30% (a good sign that they aren't the greatest company to work for!)

Interview Questions
    • CEO's first question - How much money do you make now?   View Answer