Neogen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI).

Interview

I applied to the position online through the Neogen website. Approximately 10 days later I received an email from the Research Leader looking to set up a time for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was brief and mainly consisted of questions regarding my experience with my current employer. The day after the phone interview I received an email from the Senior Research Scientist regarding an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview was 3 hours long which included a tour of the facility and a series of 4 interviews with the Research Leader, 2 Senior Research Scientists, and HR. The interviews with the Research Leader and Research Scientists were mainly concerning my technical experience with my current employer. The interview with HR was about the benefits that the company offers. Each interview was approximately 30-45 minutes followed by an extensive tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about my resume and experience with my current employer. There were no behavioral/STAR questions.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neogen.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with direct manager and their manager. Takes a few months sometimes to get hired because they want to hire you after the first of their fiscal year so they don't have to start all of your benefits during the next enrollment period. It's another way that they find a way to save money. Look at your environment when you get an interview. See if you want to work in this conditions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would persuade me to purchase any product that you've sold in the past when comparing it to a customer.   Answer Question

Technical Service Representative, Residues Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then was brought in for almost a half day to speak with employees in the department and in human resources. Spoke with t least 8 people, although ended up interviewing for two different positions. Overall, left with a good experience and ended up being offered a position with the department I felt that I fit in better. Definitely a clear definition between the personality types of those working in one department compared with another (not in a bad way, just more lab based v. customer service based)

Document Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neogen.

Interview

I met with two people during my interview process, the department manager and the general manager. The company is a subsidiary of Neogen corporation based out of a different state, I did not meet with anyone from the that company or office during the interview process, which I did not except to do. The interview process took about one hour total, it took place at the office located in Middle River, MD. The office was easy to find and the people were friendly. The facility had an unpleasant odor, I was told that was due to the type of media being formulated that day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my prior experience in an FDA regulated environment.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call within about 45 minutes. Scheduled an interview, which lasted from approximately 9:00a-4:00pm (with an hour off for lunch), during which I met my supervisors and coworkers and was interviewed separately by all. While the interview itself wasn't difficult or anything out of the ordinary, it was after the interview that I was not pleased with: approximately two days after my interview, I received a phone call offering me the position ("do you want to work here?" was how it was phrased to me). When I inquired to learn more about the benefits (health-care? school compensation? time off?) and also to give me 24-hours to think about it and accept, they wondered why I had even applied in the first place if I wanted to ask so many questions. I would not be able to see the benefits, nor counter with a different salary. If I wanted the job, I needed to accept it immediately, or they would move on. They also felt the need to tell me that they had other resumes sitting on their desk they'd be "happy to move on to" if I didn't accept. I thought this was extremely unprofessional and shady -- and working there only proved this further to me. I left the company less than six months later.

Interview Questions

• Provided two editing challenges.   1 Answer

Purchasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Neogen in December 2013.

Interview

Got called immediately for interview.

Interview Questions

• None - interviewer had his own conversation or points to put through. No opportunity to speak.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Neogen.

Interview

Hiring is done after the end of the physical year (may 31) so that the company benifits from not offering 1 year anniversary compensations. It took nearly 3 months to get hired because of this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate money, only real posibility is vacation days.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Neogen.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone by two people. They then called me back later and asked me to come in for a face-to-face interview. At the facility, I was interviewed by four people, one at a time, including one of the people who did the phone interview. Most of them seemed very nice. I was given a brief tour and asked a few questions by each person.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact questions, but I was asked how I would prepare certain solutions.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online and heard back soon after. Came into the main building, an ex-school in Lansing. Met with the guy who would be my boss, a Research Director. He took me on a quick tour around the building. You could definitely tell it used to be a school, but unfortunately Neogen hadn't put much into renovations and the labs looked very old and run-down. Staff seemed to get along well, and from some friends who work in the company, they say their coworkers are Neogen's only high point.

Came back to his office and went through some basic interview questions, nothing difficult, just talking about my previous research experience and why I wanted to work with Neogen. After his interview I went down to their HR offices, and had another quick interview with a guy who explained their benefits to me.

A few days later I received a call with an offer....of about $10/hour. I made more than that working part-time for a lab in college, so needless to say I wasn't thrilled. They weren't willing to negotiate on pay, and I knew starting from that point it would be worthless anyway.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, everything was pretty basic. No technical questions aside from discussing what kind of lab procedures/tests I had experience with.   Answer Question

Pay - it's a little bit of a slap in the face to offer someone with experience and a college degree $10/hour for a full-time job in their field.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Neogen (Lansing, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

N/A