Nera Economic Consulting

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

Submitted resume and cover letter through college career website. Got a phone interview. No technical and pretty much just behavioral/fit questions. It probably helped that I have networked with people from the firm before but I'm not entirely sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in January 2014.

Received an email to come in for an interview. Met with 5 different people, then went out to lunch. Took almost the whole day. Received a call back to come in to take a quantitative test. The test took 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Case study question on how rent prices could effect the economy.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

Mostly fit and behavioral questions. Pretty casual. Interviewer answered questions pretty candidly.

Research Associate Interview

Applied through career center on campus. Had a first round interview that was just behavioral questions. Final round interview was 3 hours in NYC, where it was basically just all behavioral again. I'm not really sure why they don't do any case study questions, but that was my experience.
    It helps a lot if you have research experience, as that's about 90% of what they asked me about in every interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just a bunch of questions about my honors thesis, why I chose to use a certain type of regression, how I controlled for certain variables, assumptions I made, etc.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in September 2013.

I was invited for the first round interview in NYC. Most interview questions were expected, such as research experience, how to deal with big data, and past internship experience.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question I thought was to answer how to deal with dataset, which requires to describe every step accurately.   View Answer

College recruiting - 1 round in college, 1 super day in NYC office

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Got a case question involving asbestos claims damage estimate   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Entry Level Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

on campus interview they don't hire international student

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

Applied to a career fair. I interviewed with a senior analyst. I was then invited to the second round and interview with 5 people. The day was hectic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about this specific statistics class you took your freshman year.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in March 2013.

Phone interview + in office 1:1 interview with 5 NERA employees.
    Behavioral, resume and skill questions.

Research Associate Interview

30 minute behavioral interview. Was asked why economic consulting and what my favorite previous work experience has been. Second round would consiste of 6 one on one interviews. Experience with R, MATlab, SASS etc is definitely a plus. Huge stress on the ability to analyze large sets of data. Job requires minimum traveling especially for consulting.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were given a large set of data and had to analyze and do statistics on it.   Answer Question