Nera Economic Consulting Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in April 2014.

5 interviews back to back. People are nice and questions are not difficult. Mostly about my experience. one case interview about natural gas and one excel interview. I had a great time with them and they are really smart.

Interview Questions
    • i didn't expected the excel and case interview but i did them ok. Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

As I understand it, there's typically a phone interview, but I didn't have to have one and went straight to the in person interviews.

The interviews laster half of a day, starting with lunch with other analysts, then circulating around the office for half hour interviews with staff. There was no case study. By and large people were overwhelmingly warm and friendly. They seemed mostly interested in making sure our personalities were compatible than evaluating my abilities. That said, there were still standard questions about education and work experience. On the whole it was a very positive experience and I was impressed by the office.

I would have happily taken it if I hadn't received a slightly better offer from one of their competitors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in November 2012.

I applied through on-campus recruiting, so the first round was at the university career office. It was a single 30-minute interview with mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer handed me a questionnaire to fill out with my preferences for practices and office locations.

A few weeks later, I was contacted for an interview at the New York office. That same week, the company flew me to New York, where I met with 5 or 6 managers. Almost all questions were behavioral, though we did discuss economic issues if they were relevant to my research or NERA's work.

All of the interviews went well, but I was ultimately not offered a position. I suspect that NERA interviews many candidates for just a few openings, so the numbers didn't work out in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • All the technical questions were related to my undergrad research experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in March 2013.

Phone interview + in office 1:1 interview with 5 NERA employees.
    Behavioral, resume and skill questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

Applied to a career fair. I interviewed with a senior analyst. I was then invited to the second round and interview with 5 people. The day was hectic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about this specific statistics class you took your freshman year.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in December 2012.

Applied online and got first round interviews. Mostly based on resume and research experience, and was asked some questions about statistical software

Interview Questions
    • What was your role in a specific research project in your resume?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in March 2008.

Standard for juniors: behavioral interviews, case study, and some analytical exercises. Applicants who can speak about their empirical research experience (term papers, theses, etc.) intelligently and with detail will do well. Some interviewers put big focus on math/technical background (e.g., difficulty of courses on transcript), even though those skills never apply at work. But people with more lib arts background can do well too.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes you get some "brain teasers." Don't stress about getting it right, but be able to speak to your thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in September 2012.

One on-campus interview with a Senior Analyst. Started off with very basic fit questions. Then proceeded to the "case". It was very challenging and there is no right answer. For every answer I gave, the interviewer then changed the problem to ask a different question.

Overall not an unpleasant experience, the interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a non-economics class that you enjoyed most.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting in May 2012.

I applied in November, and I was called for a direct final round interview in their New York Office for the Securities and Finance Department in May. 5 interviews in total: 1 Resume-based interview with an analyst, 1 Econometrics-based interview, 1 Statistics case study where they ask you questions on probability, 1 Spreadsheet analysis case study where they ask you to analyze a spreadsheet and look for mistakes, and 1 case study on options backdating.

They do not care about fit at all. So I would recommend people to go through econometrics and statistics and learn stuff again rather than wasting time preparing for fit-type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Regression analysis on the amount of fat a person eats and the   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nera Economic Consulting.

Resume screening and interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe one work project that requires a lot of quantitative skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Nera Economic Consulting? Contribute to the Community!