Nestlé Business Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview screening questions answered via email (rephrased):

"
*Describe the type of complex IT systems you have implemented.
*Give example of advanced level work you have done in [software application for generating reports].
*What type of software or systems have you generated to help the business operate better?
*Give an example of a a most difficult team that you were involved with and what factors contributed to the difficulty.
*What type of on-the-spot excel reports have you generated and edited to meet requirements?"

First interview phone: with HR person

*give an example of where additional research and digging deeper would create better results.
*give an example of where you had to prioritize your workload and how you went about doing so, and your reasoning behind it.
*give an example of a situation where you had to act independently against the advice of a *superior and what your reasoning behind that was.

Second interview, in-person:

met with two experienced manager-directors, they basically went over my resume and asked to provide examples for each bullet point; they asked about extra-curricular activities; they explained about Nestle's team-oriented framework/work-ethic. They also asked

Third interview, via phone: this was split into two 40 min segments, one involving an HR person, which was similar to my first phone interview (same questions even), and a second interview involving a Technical Programmer Developer Engineer.

for the first part, I pretty much gave the same answers as per my first interview.

for the second part, the technical questions:

revolved around specific applications I have used in the past

software/SDLC standards I am familiar with

questions about development tools, RDBMs involving extracting data based on primary keys, how they relate to structuring a request for data in tables.

Interview Questions

• describe how you would extract data from two different tables where nothing matched on its key   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is because it was good.

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview 1: Phone interview. HR recruiter called, and essentially reviewed every section on the job description to see if there were any parts that were unclear. The recruiter then went over how the interview process worked, and what i could expect the next interviewers to ask. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 2: Phone interview. This was the "technical" interview with two associates who would potentially be my team mates. The questions focused on my project experience and technical troubleshooting examples. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 3+ many more: Off-site interview. This was a series of 1:1, 2:1, and a panel interview with a presentation the interviewee gives. Questions spanned the usual spectrum. The interviews lasted just over 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you used your technical ability to troubleshoot an issue.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vevey (Switzerland)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (Vevey (Switzerland)).

Interview

I have applied online via their public official jobs careers web site and got a phone interview in a couple of days. Then I also had two interviews in person: with my future line manager and with department head.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ERP implementation experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a salary and relocation

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard phone interview process followed by a couple rounds of interviews regarding fit and industry knowledge. Lots of focus on global awareness of the Nestlé brand and of its competitors. Nothing too difficult and no trick questions that made proceedings too uncomfortable and awkward. Felt very much like they were trying to gauge why I wanted to work with the company and how good a fit I would be.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nestlé (Geneva (Switzerland)) in February 2012.

Interview

Two phone inteviews. One with HR person the other one with team leader. Both were pleasent and not too detailed. I would rather say very general. First I applied online and I was waiting about a week for a feedback, when a HR administration called me to arrange phone interviews. Fully professional and nothing to be scared about :)

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation when you had to prove your leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vevey (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (Vevey (Switzerland)) in February 2010.

Interview

I have applied online via their public official jobs internet site, had a phone interview, then also two more interviews in person with the line manager and the department head.

Interview Questions

• Your experience with ERP implementations in your previous role   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, relocation