Nestlé

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pre-interview screening questions answered via email (rephrased):

"
*Describe the type of complex IT systems you have implemented.
*Give example of advanced level work you have done in [software application for generating reports].
*What type of software or systems have you generated to help the business operate better?
*Give an example of a a most difficult team that you were involved with and what factors contributed to the difficulty.
*What type of on-the-spot excel reports have you generated and edited to meet requirements?"

First interview phone: with HR person

*give an example of where additional research and digging deeper would create better results.
*give an example of where you had to prioritize your workload and how you went about doing so, and your reasoning behind it.
*give an example of a situation where you had to act independently against the advice of a *superior and what your reasoning behind that was.

Second interview, in-person:

met with two experienced manager-directors, they basically went over my resume and asked to provide examples for each bullet point; they asked about extra-curricular activities; they explained about Nestle's team-oriented framework/work-ethic. They also asked

Third interview, via phone: this was split into two 40 min segments, one involving an HR person, which was similar to my first phone interview (same questions even), and a second interview involving a Technical Programmer Developer Engineer.

for the first part, I pretty much gave the same answers as per my first interview.

for the second part, the technical questions:

revolved around specific applications I have used in the past

software/SDLC standards I am familiar with

questions about development tools, RDBMs involving extracting data based on primary keys, how they relate to structuring a request for data in tables.

Interview Question – describe how you would extract data from two different tables where nothing matched on its key   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as is because it was good.

Glendale, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview 1: Phone interview. HR recruiter called, and essentially reviewed every section on the job description to see if there were any parts that were unclear. The recruiter then went over how the interview process worked, and what i could expect the next interviewers to ask. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 2: Phone interview. This was the "technical" interview with two associates who would potentially be my team mates. The questions focused on my project experience and technical troubleshooting examples. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 3+ many more: Off-site interview. This was a series of 1:1, 2:1, and a panel interview with a presentation the interviewee gives. Questions spanned the usual spectrum. The interviews lasted just over 5 hours.

Interview Question – Give an example where you used your technical ability to troubleshoot an issue.   Answer Question

Vevey (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2010.

Interview Details – I have applied online via their public official jobs internet site, had a phone interview, then also two more interviews in person with the line manager and the department head.

Interview Question – Your experience with ERP implementations in your previous role   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary, relocation

Vevey (Switzerland)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview Details – I have applied online via their public official jobs careers web site and got a phone interview in a couple of days. Then I also had two interviews in person: with my future line manager and with department head.

Interview Question – Describe your ERP implementation experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a salary and relocation

Interviewed at Nestlé

Interview Details – Standard phone interview process followed by a couple rounds of interviews regarding fit and industry knowledge. Lots of focus on global awareness of the Nestlé brand and of its competitors. Nothing too difficult and no trick questions that made proceedings too uncomfortable and awkward. Felt very much like they were trying to gauge why I wanted to work with the company and how good a fit I would be.

Interview Question – What advantages does Kraft Foods hold ove Nestlé?   Answer Question

Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone inteviews. One with HR person the other one with team leader. Both were pleasent and not too detailed. I would rather say very general. First I applied online and I was waiting about a week for a feedback, when a HR administration called me to arrange phone interviews. Fully professional and nothing to be scared about :)

Interview Question – Describe the situation when you had to prove your leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nestlé

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé employees and interview candidates.