Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Interview

the interview process is pretty basic for a sales rep. They'll just put you in a bunch of different scenarios to see how you react. I think I had 3 different interviews with 3 different managers. They all asked different questions. All questions are really just to see what kind of character you have and if you're able to handle the pressure of being out there on your own.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company??   2 Answers

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nestlé (Gaffney, SC).

Interview

Interview process was pretty pleasant. I was a out-of-state candidate. They place me in a hotel night before the interview, paid for me meal and gas mileage. Interview with six personnels; HR Manager and generalist, facility manager, lean manger, production manager and a current supervisor. Interview went well, alot of behavioral situation questions. Toured around the facility, it was interesting. Interviewed on Friday, recieved and offer that upcoming Wednesday! Will start employment July 20th, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you failed on a project?   1 Answer
    • how did you handle that difficult manager or employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered me a decent starting pay, so I didn't have to negotiate. Know your worth and make sure you start (pay) where you will be comfortable.

Retail Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nestlé (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application, which included salary requirements. Was contacted two days later for phone screening. Basic questions about previous experience. Recruiter said no salary information is available. I was concerned, as I did not want to drive an hour to an interview without having an idea of salary range. She stated "there is probably room for negotiation". Upon meeting hiring manager, I was advised position pays $12.25 and hour. Interview lasted 3 minutes..............

Factory Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Solon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

First was a email to state they are interested. Next i received a call asking general recruiter questions. I received another email asking about interview times. The interview i thought went great. Have yet to receive a call two weeks later. I am hopeful that since it is a big company things move slowly. I will be calling them to close off this process within the next week if I do not hear back.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior based questions. Ex: tell us a time you changed a groups opinion.   Answer Question

Sales Utility Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

During the interview process it was two men there, one explaining the job and asking if you could describe the position and the other gentleman was basically asking situational questions...some of which were the same from the phone interview. It was a brief overall process and they asked me if I had any questions for them. Afterwards I received a call 2 days later saying I was the candidate they chose. Laid back atmosphere but make sure you research the company and the position your trying to apply for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hourly wage was already set

Human Resources GENERALIST-JONESBORO, AR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Jonesboro, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

This interview process has got to be the worst I have ever entertained. First of all, I was contacted by a Recruiter in Glendale, CA about an opportunity. I did not apply to a position. I told her that I was in a passive search situation, but, the opportunity seemed like a viable one, so I agreed to move on to the 'Next Steps'. She conducted a phone screen interview with me, which was favorable. She went out of town and stated another recruiter will take it from there. I was contacted by that recruiter, who also conducted a phone screen interview. That was favorable. I was set up for another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. After that interview, I did not hear anything positive or negative from the recruiter, so I assumed, it was a 'No'. I was ok with that. My reasons for gaining interest was the website and it's promotion on internal development, and being the World Class largest Distributor of Food. It has gotten several awards and embarked on great achievements. It has been voted Great Place to Work and among the top 10% Best Places to Work in the world. My passive interest became my current interest and focus. A month after my interview with the Hiring Manager, the second recruiter contacted me and asked if I could go in to do an onsite interview in Jonesboro, Ar. I told her I thought I was not selected to move on to the 'Next Phase' because there was absolutely no feedback given at all. She stated that he liked me and I have the qualifications, they just wanted to make sure the talent was not local. Ok, fair, but, to me, that should have been vetted before they did the cold calling to someone out of State, or at the very least communicated that to me after my interview with him. He had the best approach to the interview. The onsite interview was scheduled (there was no consideration of the drive, so no reimbursement). When I got there, I waited the reasonable amount of time and was taken to the Hiring Manager's office. He asked questions and stated this was a competency interview (behavioral based), and I moved on to two more panel interviews with (3) people in each. Both panel interviews were awful!!!! You had disinterested stares, and when one particular gentleman heard my responses, he said it seems like this is a step back for you, and I just was shocked and absolutely offended as I took on the opportunity. I should qualify the position as a step back. Totally rude!!! In the second panel interview, one gentleman was basically rolling his thumbs and not writing much of anything down. It was stated they were losing employees to competitors, and I see why. If their Management Style reflected a percentage of they experience I had, I could see why employees would leave them. It is a relatively new plant and I do not see that location living Nestle's brand at all. I am utterly amazed at the Leadership. Then after the interview, I was told by the second recruiter that I would have to do another interview with the Corporate HR Generalist in Glendale, CA. I interviewed with her, and could barely hear her, but, I managed through it by that time because I was disinterested by that time. No one followed up with me, so I reached out to the first recruiter because the second recruiter quit, to ask for feedback, and she just acted as if I all of a sudden became of non existence, because there was no persistence in the follow up like it was in the solicitation. Nestle will end up losing out on a lot of talent if it does not change the candidate's experience. I am ok with not being selected, but, they open themselves up to candidates looking to work for their competitors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a project with limited resources. What steps did you take to fulfill that project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Ingredient Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nestlé (Solon, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Sunday. Received a phone call around 4pm on Monday. Scheduled an face-to-face for Wednesday. Hired on the spot. Actually, as I was walking back to my car the person whom interviewed me can out running to catch me before I left to extend an offer to. It was awesome and a blessing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Also asked behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It went pretty well. Was able to discuss shift pr

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview

Three people sat in on the interview together, so I didn't have to repeat myself over and over again to multiple people. Setting was very comfortable, no pressure, very down to earth interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Where do I want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Interview

Technical knowledge with series of interview in different department, plant tour interview from co supervisor manager director and hr manager and director. Exact fit is needed so meticulous interviews are set, drug test and allergen test are standard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

it felt like an HR conversation not an interview for the position. Questions seemed vague and not specifically related to the job. It was very informal and not what I expected having reaching out to the hiring manager before hand.