Nestlé

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Getting the Interview

87 candidate interviews

Operations Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in July 2009.

Interview Details – extermely difficult interview with preso given based on data recieved less then 24 hour in advance.. my belief from the first interview was they already had person in mind however thought what the hell and gave it a shot

Interview Question – Personal Faults   Answer Question

Operation Consulting Manager Interview

Vevey (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was very stressful and difficult to even talk to the interviewer because he was using a blackberry during the interview and also calling somebody... I lost my motivation to join the firm immediately after I observed his behavior so I would not be able to tell you much but it was a full of disappointment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Nestle?   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Interview

York, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Interview Details – Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.

Interview Question – how do you lead? how do you motivate?   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Trainee Interview

Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in December 2011.

Interview Details – 1st interview - phone interview, 2nd interview - full day panel with interviews and tasks

Interview Question – How would you reposition a brand that is currently not performing well   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Interview Details – Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Question – Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

York, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Interview Details – Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer elsewhere

SAP Interview

Toruń, Kuyavia-Pomerania (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication via phone. I had three interviews(overal, tasks+psychologist, with director). Very nice and polite people.
Overal interview was with 2 people. HR specialist and automatics ward director. They explained everything about the job and then asked me about my resume.
Task+psychologist interview was the longest one. I spent about 4 hours in the office and got tested in every possible way (computer/office tasks, iq/personality tests).
Last part was actually just formal with the automatics ward director and vice CEO.

Interview Question – None, everything was ok.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Vevey (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2008.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview

Interview Question – Tell me why you would be valuable for our company   Answer Question

Marketing Management Trainee In Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Interview

Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied through college or university and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview Details – I was selected from the campus recruitment and went to the final interview of the process. The procedure is not clear and I think I had at least one round retaken.
The procedure includes: An IQ test, Group dicussion, First Initial Interview with HR associates, Second Initial Interview with HR partner, Third Interview with Organization Development Manager (including a group assignment) and 2 final Interview with Line Managers and Senior Managers.

Interview Question – Present a Marketing plan for a new/ improved Nestle coffee product (core content for the last 3 interviews)   View Answer

Business Analyst Junior Interview

São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired after 1 year and 7 months of internship, it's easier if you start as intern because you can find horizontal opportunities within the companys areas.

Interview Question – Company gives valor for who has the same principles and has credibility. Get to know what is the business case of Nestlé and the opportunities that you can add valor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They needed someone to give support in SAP HCM area and I had an experience with it during my internship. They wanted someone with a great analysis capability.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nestlé

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé employees and interview candidates.