Nestlé

Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

Human Resources Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé in October 2013.

First asked to go over your resume. Asked questions pertaining to your academic background. Then asked a series of behavioral interview questions. The whole process is about 45 minutes.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé in October 2013.

applied through campus recruiting and got a first round interview.

Interview was 45 minutes long, half behavioral half case interview. Make sure to read about the company, current valuation and how big the company is. Interview was very nice and helpful during the case interview. the case wasn't really hard, just think out loud.

Interviewed three weeks ago and still didn't hear a reply, so I probably didn't get through to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral, and simple case interview nothing surprising   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nestlé in September 2013.

This was by far the best and most efficient interview I have ever attended. Because I was an out of state candidate my first 3 interviews were via a web-interview. I interviewed with my current manager, a co-worker, and a director in a similar department. The total time for all 3 interviews and an offer was 1 week. Once I had verbally accepted the offer, my spouse and I were flown to St. Louis to meet the team and to ensure a good fit with the company. The one thing I appreciated about their interview process was that they truly came after me....there was no going back and forth with recruiters and the whole process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions when I was not familiar with all of their current systems   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate on Salary. I felt it was a very fair offer. I did request a sign on bonus to make up for the fact that I would be walking away from a year end bonus with my current company.

Food Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé in May 2013.

pretty straightforward. They wanted to know about my previous experience (one of my jobs matched their description) and stressed on being able to communicate and work independently. It came out to be true about being independent (literally!) as the manager was either sick or off to factories and vendors all

Interview Questions
    It was with the contractor and I didn't negotiate much because I was looking to get my foot in the door

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé in May 2013.

Phone interview, then group interview. No negotiation process

There was no negotiation

Retail Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé.

Emailed to call for a short interview over phone at the end of the call they give you an address on where to go for the real interview at the interview they explain the job ask you questions about conflict with supervisor 2 times so u need 2 different answers other then that everything else is basic

Interview Questions
    • Situation where u had a Conflict with your supervisor asked the same question twice   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé.

1: Exam
    2: HR Interview
    3: Manager Interview
    4: VP Supply Chain Interview

Interview Questions
    • Regular set of questions: Experience, competencies, challenges.   Answer Question

Asset Mover Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé in March 2013.

The process was very strait forward and well laid out. I was for a phone interview within a week of sending my application; my personal interview was scheduled in a professional and timely manner as well. The interviewer also provided a personal follow up call whether I did or didn't receive the job.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. The hardest part was asking one! The Hiring Manager told you LITERALLY everything about the company/job. It was hard to find a question to ask him!   Answer Question

Supply Chain Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Was contacted through email first and then conducted a phone screening by one of the HR personnel. Then there was a phone interview with one of the supply chain managers. I was then selected to be flown to the HQ to do a last round of in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine there is on sandwich shop at the campus and it is the only one open. Everywhere else on campus is closed due to construction. Sales are up and profit is down. What three things do you think cause this?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé in August 2012.

Pre-interview screening questions answered via email (rephrased):

"
    *Describe the type of complex IT systems you have implemented.
    *Give example of advanced level work you have done in [software application for generating reports].
    *What type of software or systems have you generated to help the business operate better?
    *Give an example of a a most difficult team that you were involved with and what factors contributed to the difficulty.
    *What type of on-the-spot excel reports have you generated and edited to meet requirements?"

First interview phone: with HR person

*give an example of where additional research and digging deeper would create better results.
    *give an example of where you had to prioritize your workload and how you went about doing so, and your reasoning behind it.
    *give an example of a situation where you had to act independently against the advice of a *superior and what your reasoning behind that was.

Second interview, in-person:

met with two experienced manager-directors, they basically went over my resume and asked to provide examples for each bullet point; they asked about extra-curricular activities; they explained about Nestle's team-oriented framework/work-ethic. They also asked

Third interview, via phone: this was split into two 40 min segments, one involving an HR person, which was similar to my first phone interview (same questions even), and a second interview involving a Technical Programmer Developer Engineer.

for the first part, I pretty much gave the same answers as per my first interview.

for the second part, the technical questions:

revolved around specific applications I have used in the past

software/SDLC standards I am familiar with

questions about development tools, RDBMs involving extracting data based on primary keys, how they relate to structuring a request for data in tables.

Interview Questions
    • describe how you would extract data from two different tables where nothing matched on its key   View Answer
    I accepted the offer as is because it was good.