Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

Asset Mover Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was very strait forward and well laid out. I was for a phone interview within a week of sending my application; my personal interview was scheduled in a professional and timely manner as well. The interviewer also provided a personal follow up call whether I did or didn't receive the job.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. The hardest part was asking one! The Hiring Manager told you LITERALLY everything about the company/job. It was hard to find a question to ask him!   Answer Question

Supply Chain Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Was contacted through email first and then conducted a phone screening by one of the HR personnel. Then there was a phone interview with one of the supply chain managers. I was then selected to be flown to the HQ to do a last round of in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Imagine there is on sandwich shop at the campus and it is the only one open. Everywhere else on campus is closed due to construction. Sales are up and profit is down. What three things do you think cause this?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview screening questions answered via email (rephrased):

"
    *Describe the type of complex IT systems you have implemented.
    *Give example of advanced level work you have done in [software application for generating reports].
    *What type of software or systems have you generated to help the business operate better?
    *Give an example of a a most difficult team that you were involved with and what factors contributed to the difficulty.
    *What type of on-the-spot excel reports have you generated and edited to meet requirements?"

First interview phone: with HR person

*give an example of where additional research and digging deeper would create better results.
    *give an example of where you had to prioritize your workload and how you went about doing so, and your reasoning behind it.
    *give an example of a situation where you had to act independently against the advice of a *superior and what your reasoning behind that was.

Second interview, in-person:

met with two experienced manager-directors, they basically went over my resume and asked to provide examples for each bullet point; they asked about extra-curricular activities; they explained about Nestle's team-oriented framework/work-ethic. They also asked

Third interview, via phone: this was split into two 40 min segments, one involving an HR person, which was similar to my first phone interview (same questions even), and a second interview involving a Technical Programmer Developer Engineer.

for the first part, I pretty much gave the same answers as per my first interview.

for the second part, the technical questions:

revolved around specific applications I have used in the past

software/SDLC standards I am familiar with

questions about development tools, RDBMs involving extracting data based on primary keys, how they relate to structuring a request for data in tables.

Interview Questions

• describe how you would extract data from two different tables where nothing matched on its key   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is because it was good.

Supply Chain Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Nestle contacted me through email to schedule an in person interview with a HR person and a supply chain person. The interview itself was very brief, for it was under 30 minutes. They seemed to be in a rush and had prepared questions ahead of time to screen people quickly. It was a first round interview, and I was not offered a second round interview. They asked some behavioral questions and some technical questions regarding supply chain. I don't think they were actually looking for knowledge about supply chain, but just rather how you think since they were interviewing people from many majors including business, economics, operations research, and industrial engineering.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 90 items of a specific product, but your client asks for 100, what would you do? Would you run the production line again, knowing that it would be very expensive since the production line only makes batches of 90 at a time?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nestlé (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview (simple, 1 or 2 behavioral questions, offered to fly up for final round), final round interview at headquarters in Chicago

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview 1: Phone interview. HR recruiter called, and essentially reviewed every section on the job description to see if there were any parts that were unclear. The recruiter then went over how the interview process worked, and what i could expect the next interviewers to ask. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 2: Phone interview. This was the "technical" interview with two associates who would potentially be my team mates. The questions focused on my project experience and technical troubleshooting examples. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 3+ many more: Off-site interview. This was a series of 1:1, 2:1, and a panel interview with a presentation the interviewee gives. Questions spanned the usual spectrum. The interviews lasted just over 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you used your technical ability to troubleshoot an issue.   Answer Question

Finance & Control Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

3 interviews, typically 2 on 1.

behavioral questions, with a couple technical questions (NPV, cost accounting-related questions)

Pilot Plant Intern (Technology Management Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, MI

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nestlé (Fremont, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

I got to this internship through a friend. Their process involved a phone interview, which then led to a site interviews 1:1 with 5 different people of different departments. After the site interview an offer letter was sent within a week.

Operationst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nestlé (Tampa, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

7 interviews totaling 11 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

Over the phone interviews at first with just one person. Then other over the phone interview with a different person. Then over the phone interview with a group of three or more people asking questions. Then the top three got an interview for a one and one interview. Top candidate was then hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something negative about you and give me examples of this.   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation that you turned something around.   Answer Question