Nestlé

Updated Dec 6, 2014

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé in October 2009.

Applied online. Completed a phone interview and traveled to St. Louis for a formal interview. Was interviewed by three individuals (sales and HR) for an hour with a ten minute break between interviews. Company provided lunch after interviews and offered job within three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake/ experienced failure.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. Pay is very competitive but individuals who are required to relocate should be offered housing assistance in excess of the signing bonus.

SummerFinance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé in November 2008.

Interviewed at university and then flew to headquarters for second round. Overall great experience and relaxed interviewing. Asked some finance questions, but it was centered around personality, motivations, experiences more than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How would I use NPV analysis in determining if a project is profitable or not?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé in January 2008.

A recruiter contacted me, and then presented me to the company. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next phase was a series of interviews - and there were people who were not geographically nearby, so they were via phone. I went to the offices and spend about 4 hours interviewing 1:1 with 4 different people. A fifth person took me out to lunch, and while it was still and interview, it was casual. All that said, that was in Dreyer's world -- Nestle now handles all of the hiring and I have no idea how that works.

Interview Questions
    I got an extra week of vacation.

Lab Technician In Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé.

First interview online video interview: you log into your video interview then you are taken through a brief test to make sure you have appropriate internet connection, sound and video quality.
    You are then given the chance to do a practice interview. When you are ready you begin the real interview. You cannot stop or re-do the questions and you don't see the questions in advance. Once you the interview is over it is automatically sent to Nestlé.

Second interview on-site with a number of different people (scientists, HR).

Interview Questions
    • All questions where predictable, like:
      Please introduce yourself.
      What is your motivation to join Nestlé and particularly this group?
      How do you see the everyday job in the proposed role?
      What are your expectations and motivation?

Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé.

Applied through campus recruitment, met with HR representative and passed CV to them.
    Waiting for two weeks and received phone call to invite interview at their Head Office in Bangkok.
    Asked to take English test paper based and interview with reporting manager for 30 minutes.
    Interview went fine and got an offer with reasonable starting pay in last two years ago. Medical exam sponsored by Nestle at collaborated hospital, didn't disclose what tests will be given.
    Took blood tests, X-Ray, Urine and other physical check. Unfortunately, I failed the medical exam followed by the call from HR that I am Hepatitis B virus carrier and unsuitable to work in food industry.

Intern Interview

2 rounds of interviews

First interviews asks why Nestle, what are you expecting to gain out of the internship, what do you know about the company, why do you believe we should choose you...etc.

Second interview was more of a competency based questions interview. Example would be tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member or tell me about a time when you had to take leadership initiative..etc.

None

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé.

I applied online at Nestle career website for a Lab Technician role last winter. About a week later, I received a phone call from a secretary of the HR department who wanted to arrange a phone interview with her manager later that day. We set up the time and later that day I recieved the phone call from the HR Manager. The interview took approximately 20-25 mins. General questions and more specific according to my CV (can you tell us about your previous working experiences, which position did u enjoy the most and why etc.) or questions regarding Nestle (what is your motivation that you want to join Nestle, or why do you want to come to Switzerland). At the end of the interview I got informed that in about 10-15 days I would get a feedback. I didn't get any feedback so I called back, unfortunately at that time no one was at the office so, they have a call identification. They called me back, and after expalining who I was they gave me a detailed feedback about not continuing with my application and the reasons. Overall, even though i didn't get the job was a positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question for a phone interview: what salary do you want for the specific role   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé.

the first round interview is carried out through the video rather than telephone or face-to-face. The whole process is good and all you need to do is fully prepared and relax, use the S T A R structure to explain your story and experience and be concise.

Interview Questions
    • what is the impact on nestle based on the current economy   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vevey (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vevey (Switzerland)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé.

I have applied online via their public official jobs careers web site and got a phone interview in a couple of days. Then I also had two interviews in person: with my future line manager and with department head.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your ERP implementation experience.   View Answer
    Negotiated a salary and relocation

Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

Assessment Center (10 people):
    1. Case Study about the brand Purina (pet food). The goal was to discuss the brand's marketing budget
    2. Personal presentation about yourself - 2 minutes (more about you as a person and your motivations and less about your background)