Nestlé

Updated Feb 15, 2015

Logistics Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé in October 2009.

Basically typical behavioral interivew. Typical behavioral questions and experience related questions. I attended the information session about a month prior, made it through career center resume drop and attended first round interviews at our career center. Met with representative who was at information session so we talked a lot about the session and how it related to my past experiences and the career path.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé in October 2009.

Applied online. Completed a phone interview and traveled to St. Louis for a formal interview. Was interviewed by three individuals (sales and HR) for an hour with a ten minute break between interviews. Company provided lunch after interviews and offered job within three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake/ experienced failure.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. Pay is very competitive but individuals who are required to relocate should be offered housing assistance in excess of the signing bonus.

SummerFinance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé in November 2008.

Interviewed at university and then flew to headquarters for second round. Overall great experience and relaxed interviewing. Asked some finance questions, but it was centered around personality, motivations, experiences more than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How would I use NPV analysis in determining if a project is profitable or not?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé in January 2008.

A recruiter contacted me, and then presented me to the company. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next phase was a series of interviews - and there were people who were not geographically nearby, so they were via phone. I went to the offices and spend about 4 hours interviewing 1:1 with 4 different people. A fifth person took me out to lunch, and while it was still and interview, it was casual. All that said, that was in Dreyer's world -- Nestle now handles all of the hiring and I have no idea how that works.

Interview Questions
    I got an extra week of vacation.

Intern Interview

I did an Online application with several questions, the next stage was numerical reasoning test and situation test, you would be given feedback on this quite quickly followed by a strength based video interview. The process for the online application to the interview just took two weeks

Human Resources Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé in February 2015.

Pretty straight forward recruitment process - online application, followed by a online tests, video interview and assessment centre. The video interviews are not particularly common with graduate programmes so naturally not my favourite to complete. However, this one was a very short (3-4 questions I think) strengths based interview with a technical question regarding HR at the end. My advice is to make use of all the time you're given and add something in the last minute provided for additional info, even if it is just a Thank you for considering my application.

The assessment centre was at York and Nestle pays for you to stay at a hotel the night before if you are coming from far, which was the case with me and pretty much everyone else at that assessment centre. The day started with an introduction session and a short game where we were split in groups with other graduates and assessors from Nestle and asked to talk about our proudest achievement from the past year. It was more of a exercise to get you started with the day but still worth saying something that would stand out rather than just where you got your degree from.
    Next I had the group exercise which wasnt much different that what I've done at other assessment centres - reach a solution on a given topic for the given time and then present it to the assessors in the room. Tip: make sure you keep and eye on the time as there are not watches in the room and the assessors dont warn you how much you have left.
    The written exercise was a business case about a new product launch that had nothing to do with HR. We had an hour to read through about 10 pages and answer 3 questions. I think some questions were just there so they can see if you managed to understand everything you read, whilst other required really lengthy and descriptive answers. I could have done with extra 15 minutes to write proper answers on everything.
    You were required to do some prework for the presentation but I didnt really see how it was relevant as all the information I think we needed was given to us on the day. After the presentation I was asked questions I thought were a bit too specific.
    The interview was about an hour long and strengths based again. This was the easiest part of the assessment centre for me as the woman that interviewed me was really nice and engaging.

Overall everyone was very friendly throughout the whole day. Between the lunch and the Q&A session organised, there was plenty of time to ask questions and get to know some of the people who are already doing the grad scheme.

I didnt get the job at the end but they did provided me with extensive feedback on my performance. What I found interesting is that they consider not only strengths and weaknesses you've displayed but also learned behaviour - as in you learned how to handle yourself in certain situations (e.g. a group task at an assessment centre) rather than to act naturally.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate people?
      How do you deal with challenges and setbacks?
      Would you be comfortable if you had to read a report on the market trends in the industry?
      What would you do if you were offered the job at Nestle and at another company at the same time?
      What other companies have you applied for?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in January 2015.

I firstly applied online (Nestlé use Jobmi), answering questions about what I think about myself and how I get on with people. Nestlé are very much about finding friendly, enthusiastic people to join their company, so make sure you sell yourself! Then there was a Situational Strengths Test and a Numerical Reasoning Test. The NRT was one of the easier tests I took, there was no time limit so it keeps you calm. The SST is quite long, but does give you a good idea about what you would be doing at the company, and shows if you are a good fit for Nestlé. Then there was the video interview. The video interview is more strengths-based, so looking for you to show your skills. There were also a couple of more technical questions, such as about how a competitor has coped in the current climate. After that was the Assessment Day. This was the loveliest part of the process. I think it would be difficult to find a more relaxed, inspiring and enjoyable AC. Everyone was extremely friendly (both assessors and candidates). There was a nice warm up activity getting to know everyone, and then the main day was group exercise, written exercise, interview (2:1) and then a presentation. The group exercise was quite standard, having to choose strengths. The written exercise was just analysing some data, but again this wasn't difficult, I coped well without having a Business or Marketing degree. The interview was an hour long, but was really just about getting to know you as a person and went very quickly. The presentation was sent to me about 5 days before, so there was plenty of time to prepare, and the questions were really just about the Marketing function of Nestlé. I then got a phone call 24hrs later telling me I had got the internship!

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you would help achieve Nestlé's core principles?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé.

First i have an online application, then i received a phone interview. Then assessment center arranged the group interview. It inludes partner introduction, case analysis. The last part is the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think had the worst performance in today's interview?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Phone interview
    online tests
    one on one interview with manager
    all in all in to tok about 3 months from december to february.
    I suggest learning a lot of about their CSR
    I also reccomend learning about their brands

Lab Technician In Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé.

First interview online video interview: you log into your video interview then you are taken through a brief test to make sure you have appropriate internet connection, sound and video quality.
    You are then given the chance to do a practice interview. When you are ready you begin the real interview. You cannot stop or re-do the questions and you don't see the questions in advance. Once you the interview is over it is automatically sent to Nestlé.

Second interview on-site with a number of different people (scientists, HR).

Interview Questions
    • All questions where predictable, like:
      Please introduce yourself.
      What is your motivation to join Nestlé and particularly this group?
      How do you see the everyday job in the proposed role?
      What are your expectations and motivation?

Answer Question