Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

Ingredient Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé (Solon, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

You have to go through adecco which is a temp agency. They make you take a drug test, a strength test, and submit your proof of education. Then your first week at Nestlé is all training. They give you a test at the end but they tell you all the answers before you take it.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Gaffney, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

4 2-team sessions. STAR questions.

Negotiation

NA

OMT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nestlé in November 2012.

Interview

I met the campus recruiter at my university's career fair and they asked me to come in the following day for an on campus interview. Approximately 2 weeks after my initial interview they asked if I would be interested in going to Chicago for a second interview. I accepted and they paid for all of my travel arrangements. At the second interview I had 3 back to back interviews (all were behavioral). The following Monday they called and extended me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé (Laurel, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

It was four hours exam to test your knowledge and understanding of the following ,math skill,reading skill,behavioral skill,mechanical aptitude knowledge skill,safety knowledge and team work,food safety,habit,sensory skill,interview,background check ,factory tour and drug test,respect for individual.interpersonal skill,equipment identification,punctuality great experience

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview screening questions answered via email (rephrased): " *Describe the type of complex IT systems you have implemented. *Give example of advanced level work you have done in [software application for generating reports]. *What type of software or systems have you generated to help the business operate better? *Give an example of a a most difficult team that you were involved with and what factors contributed to the difficulty. *What type of on-the-spot excel reports have you generated and edited to meet requirements?" First interview phone: with HR person *give an example of where additional research and digging deeper would create better results. *give an example of where you had to prioritize your workload and how you went about doing so, and your reasoning behind it. *give an example of a situation where you had to act independently against the advice of a *superior and what your reasoning behind that was. Second interview, in-person: met with two experienced manager-directors, they basically went over my resume and asked to provide examples for each bullet point; they asked about extra-curricular activities; they explained about Nestle's team-oriented framework/work-ethic. They also asked Third interview, via phone: this was split into two 40 min segments, one involving an HR person, which was similar to my first phone interview (same questions even), and a second interview involving a Technical Programmer Developer Engineer. for the first part, I pretty much gave the same answers as per my first interview. for the second part, the technical questions: revolved around specific applications I have used in the past software/SDLC standards I am familiar with questions about development tools, RDBMs involving extracting data based on primary keys, how they relate to structuring a request for data in tables.

Interview Questions

• describe how you would extract data from two different tables where nothing matched on its key   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is because it was good.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't get anything for a couple months. I did a phone interview, and I was invited to take an aptitude test and then I was invited back to go through a 2-person panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé (Canada, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was an average experience just like with different companies. The interviewer was really accommodating so that you won't feel nervous. They will ask different kinds of situations on how you will react on it.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé (Columbus, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with an HR phone interview. Then spoke to the other product development scientists, ended with a skype interview. All in all it was pretty straight forward and the questions they asked were expected and of moderate difficulty . The skype interview was a little nerve racking because I had never done one before, but it went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Name some reasons why a product could have the specified ingredients but still be experiencing separation issues   Answer Question

Supply Chain Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Nestle contacted me through email to schedule an in person interview with a HR person and a supply chain person. The interview itself was very brief, for it was under 30 minutes. They seemed to be in a rush and had prepared questions ahead of time to screen people quickly. It was a first round interview, and I was not offered a second round interview. They asked some behavioral questions and some technical questions regarding supply chain. I don't think they were actually looking for knowledge about supply chain, but just rather how you think since they were interviewing people from many majors including business, economics, operations research, and industrial engineering.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 90 items of a specific product, but your client asks for 100, what would you do? Would you run the production line again, knowing that it would be very expensive since the production line only makes batches of 90 at a time?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nestlé (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview (simple, 1 or 2 behavioral questions, offered to fly up for final round), final round interview at headquarters in Chicago