Nestlé Purina PetCare

95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Very professional experience. 1 phone interview and a face to face with several team members

Interview Question – All the questions were behavior based but nothing that was unexpected   Answer Question

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Interview Details – Initial communication was via Purina recruiter -- email comms to set up a phone call. Call lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – When did you ever have to make a decision where a lot was at stake?   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Hour long phone interview, flew me out to HQ, then you sit in a room and get 3 1 on 1 interviews. If you make the cut they say you will get a call, if you don't you get the standard thankyou, but no thankyou email. At least they pay for the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you tried and failed.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in February 2014.

Interview Details – Overall it was a waste of time and very disappointing interview process. I had put in a application for a specific area the position was being advertised for. I received an email quickly asking me to set up a phone interview and to send times that worked for me. I sent my times over and was scheduled for a phone interview about a week later. When it came down to the phone interview we talked for about 5 minutes until it came up that the position in my area was already filled and the only positions open are on the other side of the country. Feel like this was a huge was of my time since I spent a lot of time preparing and researching for the interview not to mention it was a huge let down. I am all for offering the option to apply for the other positions but be up front about abut it. The position is still on their company website as well.

Interview Question – Didn't get into questions   Answer Question

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the HR manager. Very nice. They asked me to walk them through me resume then they asked a few behavioral questions. Two of which were giving an example of a time I handled a difficult situation. And why do you want to work there.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you handled a situation that wasn't what you originally thought it was.   Answer Question

Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview then flew out to Davenport IA for an on site 2-day interview.

Interview Question – Tell me an event in your life that impacted your life and brought you to where you are today   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hour-long phone interview followed by an all expenses paid trip to St. Louis to interview in person. Interviewed with 3 marketing brand managers and assistant brand managers. Extremely repetitive interview and was asked the same behavioral interviewing questions several times. The entire process took about six hours so I was drained by the end of the interviews. Great experience though and everyone was pleasant.

Interview Question – Have you ever been considered unprofessional, and what did you do to correct the behavior?   Answer Question

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Engineering Management Trainee
Crete, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the Nestle Purina website and got an email the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of going through my resume in detail and then answering 2 behavioral questions (with several follow-up questions). My interviewer was friendly and knowledgeable about the program. It was a standard phone screen, no surprises.

About 2 weeks later I got an email saying that I was invited to interview on-site at the factory in a few weeks. I was told the interview would be a 2 day event and I set up travel arrangements. I was also put in contact with someone currently in the program (ambassador) who answered questions about the program.

I flew out there early the morning of the first day and then had to drive to the factory. My rental car was a minivan. . . awesome. The first day I met the HR coordinator, the managers I would be interviewing with the next day, and the ambassadors. We were shown a presentation about Nestle, Nestle Purina, and the specific factory. The managers also spoke about the company and program to try to give us a good idea of the program. The plant manager even came in to speak with us during the presentation. Then we were taken on a tour of most of the factory floor. It is important to pay attention and think of (and later write down) any good questions you have about the company or the factory so that you have something good to talk about during the interviews. We all drove back to the hotel and had about an hour before going to a cocktail hour with the managers. This is an opportunity to show your personality.They will remember how you interacted with them and will determine if you are a good fit with the culture at the factory. After about an hour, the ambassadors came back to take us to a nice restaurant for dinner. We were encouraged to ask questions about their experiences. They were helpful and eager to talk about the program. Purina is really into "realistic job expectations" so along the interview process there are tons of opportunities to speak with people who are going through or have recently gone through your program.

The interviews were the next day. I was in the morning session so I had to be at the factory by 7:30 AM (I was like 2 minutes late, they didn't seem mad). Then there were 3, 1-hour interviews. I interviewed with the HR manager, Manager of Manufacturing Operations, and the Engineering Manager. All 3 of them were friendly and professional. They asked some tough questions, but it never felt like they were grilling me. I think they all asked 4 behavior questions. Each interviewer asked a variation of the same questions, but you are asked to give different examples for each. This can be difficult because you need to have so many different examples prepared. Be prepared to concisely describe lots of past experiences so that you can readily draw on those that answer the question you are asked. They will give you 15-20 minutes at the end to ask questions (depending on how long it took for you to answer the behavior questions). Use this time to have your questions answered but also to make a good final impression on the manager. Ask specific, informed decisions that show that you are interested in the position. We were then told that they would make a decision in the next few weeks.

About a month later I received a call offering me the position and was emailed the written offer letter. They also invited me to VIPurina Day in ST. Louis were they bring in the VP of Manufacturing and other senior leadership to convince you why you should accept the position. We were shown presentations, talked to former Trainees who had completed the program in the past 5 or so years, and toured some of the facility. We were also given the opportunity to speak with an executive during lunch. Many of the leadership I met had gone through the Trainee program which was interesting to hear. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire day. Nestle Purina does a really good job of planning the interviews and this event. They picked former Trainees in the same disciplines that we were in. The one who was finishing the same program as me clearly knew who I was and was sent to answer questions but also to really sell me on the program (again, clearly planned). I accepted the next Monday.

All of my experiences with Nestle Purina were strongly positive. I enjoyed every interaction with Purina employees and didn't meet anyone that I disliked of felt like I couldn't work successfully with. In the end, I accepted because of the culture. I felt comfortable with everyone I met, all of the employees seem genuinely happy to work there, and I think this program best set me up for a successful career. During the interviews it is just as important that you are a good culture fit as that you have a strong academic background. Make sure you show your personality. Be friendly, excited about the job, and professional.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They tell you this during the phone interview. The salary was a little higher than they initially told me though.

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

Supply Chain Trainee
Bloomfield, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the posting on my college career board website and it directed me to Nestlé Purina's website to apply. I filled out the application and 2 days later I got an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview which I scheduled for a week later.

The phone interview was very standard, starting off with a bunch of screening questions and then 3-4 behavioral questions. The lady was very nice and at the end she even told me what the salary was and that there would be no negotiation.

A week later I got an email saying I'd been invited to Bloomfield, MO (with 3 other applicants) to interview on-site at their Bloomfield plant. They set me up with a current Supply Chain Trainee (they called it an Ambassador) to talk to if I had any questions. I called a company through Nestlé that settled all my travel expenses (round-trip flight, rental car, and 2-night hotel stay).

A week and a half later I flew out to St. Louis (Sunday) and got the rental car (which can range anywhere from a Jeep SUV to a Ford Mustang) and drove down to Cape Girardeau, where the hotel was, which was approximately 150 miles from the airport. The hotel itself was really nice and had a bunch of cool amenities. That night my ambassador took me and another applicant out to a sports bar for dinner with some of the other current trainees.

The next morning (Monday) all the trainees drove to the Bloomfield plant (approximately 40 miles from the hotel) where we met a lot of the people involved with the program and had an orientation with trivia questions, Nestlé candy, and a tour around the plant.

After the tour we met some more people involved with the plant and then we drove back to the hotel. The ambassador picked all of the applicants up in a van and took us to out to a place where some of the supervisors were waiting. We hung out there for an hour or so, talking and getting to know one another while eating some snacks and then we walked across the street to a local restaurant for dinner. After dinner the ambassador took us back to the hotel.

The next morning (Tuesday) was the actual interview. We all drove back to Bloomfield and we rotated around to 3 different interviewers (the supervisors we had met the night before). Each interview was an hour long and consisted of 4 behavior-based questions after a brief resume discussion.

After all the interviews finished, we were given lunch and told by the HR manager that we would hear back from him by phone regardless by approximately that Friday, next Monday the latest. We all said our goodbyes and drove back to St. Louis where we returned the rental cars and flew back to our home states.

Thursday morning (less than 48 hours later) I received a call from the HR manager telling me that I was selected for the position and I was given my offer with 8 days to accept/reject (they are flexible with that). I also received an official written offer and the salary was actually slightly higher than what was told to me on the phone interview (no complaints there). I was also invited back to St. Louis for VIPurina day 3 weeks later and they even offered to fly out 2 people with me (parents or a SO). After deliberating for a few days and talking with my family, I decided to accept the offer.

Interview Question – They're all behavioral questions about your past work/educational experience and how you responded/reacted to certain situations. You will be asked slight variations of these questions multiple times and you cannot use the same answer/situation multiple times.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in terms of salary, but they are EXTREMELY flexible on start dates.

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and received an email for a phone interview within 2 days. The interview was extremely structured consisting of my background experience, past jobs and duties, salary requirements, and 2 behavioral questions. I received another email within 24 hours informing I was not selected for the position as a result of my background experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you sell something (idea or process) after meeting great resistance?   Answer Question
  • Describe a project you completed after encountering obstacles and what were they?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé Purina PetCare Videos

Nestlé Purina PetCare – Why Work for Us?

We Believe Pets and People are Better Together Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Purina PetCare interview questions and advice. All 95 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé Purina PetCare employees and interview candidates.