Nestlé Purina PetCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Very detail interview and you have to be prepared to answer difficult questions while providing examples from the past. Questions are based on behavior and prior experience. You will get asked the same question under different form.

Interview Question – Questions are asked multiple times under different format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult, no enough rise as comnparing to prior employer. However you get other benefits like great health insurance, pension etc. You have to be able to understand trade off.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Promotions Assistant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in January 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a phone screen with a member of talent sourcing. If you get past that, you are set up to have three one hour interviews, one on one, back to back to back. Unfortunately, when I arrived for my first interview, I was met by an admin, who told me my first interviewer was stuck in traffic. She ended up being a half hour late, but insisted we could still complete the interview (in half the time?!?). Second interviewer came in, and began conversation by saying "they schedule this for an hour, but we should only need 45 minutes"

Never heard from HR, only found out I didn't get the job because someone else in my department did, and it was announced later that week. Being in a conference room with coworkers is an awful way to find out you did not get hired. I reached out to the person who had done my phone screen to find out why I'd never heard, and was told "Oh, I thought I left you a message." She proceeded to tell me I "passed" the interview, but the other person did better (which would be fine, except it again made me wonder if I would have done better had my first interviewer given me a full hour). I was told that I would be a "bench candidate" in case another position opened up, and I would not need to reapply.

Literally two weeks later, an email comes out that someone else has accepted a PA position, for which I was supposedly a bench candidate and didn't need to apply for, and didn't know was open. I again reach out to the person I'd had my phone screen with, and was now told "well, you're still a bench candidate, but you weren't the only one. By the way I'm no longer in talent sourcing, so if you have more questions please contact the person who has taken over for me."

So, I have one interviewer who doesn't arrive on time, and another who announces he doesn't want to take the full amount of time. I then get no notification from the company, and have to seek information from HR (keep in mind, I was interviewing as an internal candidate--so this is how they're treating their own people). When I get a hold of HR, they can't provide me with any useful feedback (i.e. what I missed, what I need to strengthen, etc). I then get passed over again.

I don't mind that I didn't get the job. If the other people were more qualified, then so be it. I do mind that I don't feel I got a fair chance, and that the company couldn't even be up front with me in letting me know. Getting somewhat publicly passed over for a job is painful, and getting no take aways from it makes it seem pointless.

Interview Question – Honestly, none of the specific questions were that difficult. Each interview consists of four questions, asking you to describe different situations that have arisen in your current role, with the expectation that you lay out A) what the problem was, B) what the course of action was, C) what the outcome was, D) if the outcome will lead to changing the course of action in the future or implementing it as a new policy, and E) what, specifically, your role was in all of that.

The most difficult part was not a question, per se, but trying to explain to the interviewers what my current role and department actually did. The fact that three people could interview me, and have little to no understanding of what another department in their company does, was shocking. Trying to be detailed enough that I didn't sell myself short, while covering it quickly enough to still leave time to answer questions, was the trickiest balancing act.
  View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in April 2012.

Interview Details – Internal interviewing process is unnecessarily long and drawn out. Internal candidates are required to go through a phone screening and through 2-3 panel interviews. Interviewers though were very nice and created a comfortable atmosphere

Interview Question – All the questions are situation behavior outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes- 5% increase for internal positions, Did not negotiate on external application

Very Easy Interview

ORM Associate Interview

ORM Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Tuesday & received a call the next day. I did the phone screening which I thought was great, I sent an email immediately after and two days letter received a email stating they went someone else. I was really thinking that I would move to the next step

Interview Question – Just be prepared for the Behavioral Questions.

Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?

Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer.
  Answer Question

Legal Interview

Legal

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recruiter called me to set up a phone interview with himself and hiring manager. They cancelled the interview once and rescheduled. The interview took place on a conference call line.

Interview Question – The recruiter called and set up an hour long phone interview with himself and the hiring manager, and provided no other information. When I got on the phone with the hiring manager and the interviewer, he literally said "so walk us through your resume".   View Answer

Design Interview

Design

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Lengthy online application process takes a fair amount of time to complete. The online application was followed by a phone screen. The phone screen is all behavioral based questions and left little time to ask questions back regarding the position.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Very thorough and challenging recruiting process. Very well laid out. I knew what to expect. It was hard but fair. I understand how they get great people.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most challenging project you have ever managed?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process has gone very fast. First i received a phone call from the recruiter telling me that via linkIn she has found my resume. We spoke on the phone later that day and set up the phone interview for the following week. The interview process was behavioral based (2 questions) and also why do you want to work here. Next day I got an e-mail with an invitation for a face to face interview. The face to face interview went very well three people interviewed me. Make sure you practice behavioral based questions. I received a phone call 3 days later giving me an offer. The whole process took less than three weeks!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you have the initiative to do a project?   Answer Question

ORM Associate Interview

ORM Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was first given a phone screen, then they set up a face to face interview (with 3 separate people), and then after a week or so I got a call with the results.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral based questions like, "Tell me about your most difficult working relationship and what steps you took to improve it."   View Answer

Human Resources Trainee Interview

Human Resources Trainee

Interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Interview Details – 2 Phone Interviews before they fly you to Missouri.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!