Nestlé Purina PetCare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

3.1

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Fort Dodge, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then I had phone interview with recruiter. Next there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview began with a tour, which is unusual (it seems they typically save this for last in other interviews I have been on). I waited a week after the interview to receive the offer. Because I was an internal Nestle candidate a background and drug screen were not required.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time when a project did not go as planed?" Or, "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with another employee."   1 Answer

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

The entire process was made very comfortable. I am in college and interviewed with a lot of different companies and Purina was easily the most comfortable. I applied online and received a call the next day scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was relaxed and what anyone would expect. Almost a week later they emailed me saying that they wanted me to come and interview on site. Once I was at the site they gave me a brief tour of the facility and let me ask questions and meet a lot of the management that I would be working closely with if I got the job. The next day was when I was interviewed by some of the people I met the day before.

Interview Questions

• At work or a class project tell me about a time when you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

very straight forward & easy. The Human Resources rep contacted me a few weeks after I applied online. Asked basic questions about my resume & the classes I was currently taking at that time. Very friendly and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had two perspectives on an issue   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

Phone Interview. contact thorough email and phone screening. First, HR recruiter talked about basic information of the job such as location, wages and other support, work hours, and length of intern will be held. She went through my application and resume. After looked through resume, she asked me the question of "what was the most challenge assignment in your lifetime?", and she asked about how i solve the problem, what did i done, and what was the consequences. Since i was not prepared, i could not give best answer. However, interview process were quick and smooth.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging assignment in your lifetime? describe   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed me 2 weeks after for a phone interview. I replied and booked a day, one recruiter were supposed to call me but never called. I sent an email to the woman who contacted me, she never replied. So I called 3 days after to re-scheduled a phone interview. They finally called me 1 week later and it was very short (only 10 min). The woman was not friendly, she was in a hurry. I could hear other recruiters to call people behind so they were pretty busy. She asked me about my education, my experiences, if I needed to be sponsored, and only 1 based behavior questions. She told me they will contact me in maximum 1 week and now it is more than one week and they still did not tell me if I am hired or not. I guess not. This was the worst experience I ever had so far and they are not professional at all. Do not say anything if you cannot respect your promise!

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

Was contacted a week after my online application for a behavioral interview. Interview took about 30 minutes and was mostly going over my resume and two behavioral questions. Received an email a week later saying they were not interested in proceeding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced adversity and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. Received email from a recruiter to set up an preliminary interview within a day or two. Phone interview was setup a few weeks out. Interview consisted of the recruiter asking me to explain my interest in the company, a rundown of my past education and job experience, and behavioral interview questions. A vague description of the salary was given and was lower than the minimum I placed on my application. Also, relocation wasn't offered though it is for interns (interns also start at a higher rate of pay).

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you admitted to a mistake even though you were not caught?
      Describe a time when you successfully led a new initiative.

Answer Question

Human Resources Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

-I applied online and received an email from a corporate recruiter the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a conversation about the program and my resume/work experience. It was about 30 minutes.
    -The following day I received a phone call from the Purina Plant in Clinton, IA. The woman informed me that I had been selected to fly out for a 2 day interview process. She told me Purina would cover all of my travel expenses - flight, rental car, hotel, food, etc.
    -A week later I began the 2 day interview process. This first day was very relaxed. It involved a tour of the plan, history/overview of the company, paperwork, meet & greets with HR manager, current trainees and the other candidates. There were three other candidates that were interviewing, so four of us total. That evening myself and the other candidates, as well as the current trainees went to dinner. The following day was 4 one hour interviews with various managers at the plant. The interviews were filled with discussing your previous work experience and about three behavioral questions per interview. I was exhausted by the end of the day. After the interviews we had lunch with all of the managers and then headed back to the hotel.
    -They had advised us that we would hear back from them in about two weeks, but the following day I received a phone call that I had been selected for the role. I was told I had about one month to respond to the offer.

-Two weeks after I received the offer, they flew myself and my parents to the headquarters in St.Louis, MS. We were able to tour the headquarters and learn more about the trainee program. My parents loved that they got to be involved in the entire process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than they had previously told me, so I chose to not negotiate salary. The benefits and relocation assistance are great.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

I initially saw the listing on LinkedIn. After applying, about a week later someone in HR contacted me for a phone interview. From there, I was asked to supply a portfolio. After reviewing my portfolio, they asked me to come into headquarters for an interview with two art directors and creative director.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult, but make sure you know how to answer behavior-based questions   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in January 2015.

Interview

They first called for phone screening interview a week after I applied online. The lady was very polite and first 20min of interview went over the position and its responsibilities. The next 30-40 mins she first asked questions regarding my resume followed three behavioral based questions. Overall the whole time was very comfortable and she made it even friendlier.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a situation that you had to disagree your boss   Answer Question