Nestlé Purina PetCare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.1

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Someone within HR followed up within a week, asking for a phone interview later in the same week (with the HR individual using smiley faces/emoticons in the interview request email). The interview went for a full hour, and it seemed like a mutually beneficial fit. She said that I would hear back on a specific date. I followed up the interview with a thank you email. The date that I was to hear back from HR came and went. I followed up with an email asking for an update on the opportunity. No response. Overall, I was unimpressed with the lack of professionalism and integrity throughout the entire interview process, which in turn makes me question how the remainder of business is run within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later I received an email asking for availability for a phone interview. About a week or so later I had the phone interview. HR rep was professional told me a little about the position, asked me to walk me through my resume and then asked me 2 behavioral questions with follow up questions. The territory I originally applied to was unavailable, but that came up about 5 minutes into the interview. I was fine with that, though, because they had a territory I was willing to relocate to, and they do pay for relocation. A few weeks later, I heard back from the HR rep saying I was selected for an in-person interview. She once again told me about the territory possibilities, and told me to research behavioral interviews. She set up the in-person interview for a month later. I flew out to HQ in St. Louis where I had 3 interviews, all with 4 behavioral based interview questions. If you have relevant experience, giving a different example/story for each should be fairly easy. Just smile, be confident, and show that you'll be a great fit for the company and that you really want to work for them. The pros are that the interviews are not difficult, they pay for your traveling expenses for the in person interview, the interviewers were all nice, professional, and made the interview process a stress-free one. The cons are that the territory you applied to may not be available and the entire interview process can take a couple months. For me, this wasn't an issue, but I can see how it can be for others. Overall, I'd say it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze information to make a decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I'm sure you could.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview. About two weeks after the phone interview I was contacted to fly out to HQ for three one hour long interviews. A little over a week later I received a call and was offered the job. They each ask similar behaviorial based questions (look up STAR method). Make sure you plan ahead and have lots of stories and examples of previous experience ready. Everyone was very friendly throughout the entire process. Just be confident and prepared and know why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to suggest an unpopular idea that would benefit the company. Tell me about a time when you were innovative. Tell me a time when you had to make a decision in a short amount of time when you didn't have all the information you needed.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Dodge, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Fort Dodge, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then I had phone interview with recruiter. Next there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview began with a tour, which is unusual (it seems they typically save this for last in other interviews I have been on). I waited a week after the interview to receive the offer. Because I was an internal Nestle candidate a background and drug screen were not required.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions such as, "Tell me about a time when a project did not go as planed?" Or, "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with another employee."   1 Answer

ORM Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview. Then received an automated email that I did not pass to the next round. The phone interview was quick and the caller did not seem interested in my answers. She would ask the same question multiple times, changing the wording each time. All questions were personality based and nothing related to prior work experience or my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to implement a new process at work and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

The entire process was made very comfortable. I am in college and interviewed with a lot of different companies and Purina was easily the most comfortable. I applied online and received a call the next day scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was relaxed and what anyone would expect. Almost a week later they emailed me saying that they wanted me to come and interview on site. Once I was at the site they gave me a brief tour of the facility and let me ask questions and meet a lot of the management that I would be working closely with if I got the job. The next day was when I was interviewed by some of the people I met the day before.

Interview Questions

• At work or a class project tell me about a time when you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

very straight forward & easy. The Human Resources rep contacted me a few weeks after I applied online. Asked basic questions about my resume & the classes I was currently taking at that time. Very friendly and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had two perspectives on an issue   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process has taken 2 months. First applied online, then a follow up email with set times for a phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, you fly out to st. louis at the main tower.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a problem and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

CI and Market Trends Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a typical phone interview with behavioral based questions. I was able to give a background and explain my interest in the role and experience. I was able to ask questions about the role and the organization at the end. I was given solid answers for most of them. Overall it was pleasant and what I would expect for this type of role and this type of employer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you worked on a challenging project and managed to be successfully with it.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

Phone Interview. contact thorough email and phone screening. First, HR recruiter talked about basic information of the job such as location, wages and other support, work hours, and length of intern will be held. She went through my application and resume. After looked through resume, she asked me the question of "what was the most challenge assignment in your lifetime?", and she asked about how i solve the problem, what did i done, and what was the consequences. Since i was not prepared, i could not give best answer. However, interview process were quick and smooth.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging assignment in your lifetime? describe   1 Answer