Nestlé Purina PetCare

Getting the Interview

95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – phone interview. had basic questions

Interview Question – what is a time that you were unable to make a commitment that you had aggreed to for either a friend or employer?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2013.

Interview Details – After I applied I received an email of interest. Then had a phone interview which was short and we went over my resume and had me explain everything on my resume. After that she asked me two questions and asked a ton of questions about them. The interviewer was very short and non conversational. I am pretty sure they are told to not be friendly and be very direct and get the questions answered and not to waste any time.

Interview Question – What is one situation you have ever been in where you had to make the final decision?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email to setup a phone interview, went fairly quick. Lots of questions with a recruiter about your resume and past experiences, then 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions, wanted a what happened what you did and what the outcome was. Very sales orientated type questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Phone screening

Interview Question – Pretty standard phone screening. It was my first interview after starting my MBA, so I had not properly prepared.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight forward. The communication was sufficient. One thing is that for this particular position I would need to travel 60-75%. The job description on their website did not mention any of this. Everything else about the job description has been accurate (after working here for 2.5 months).

Interview Question – Everything was fairly straight forward with STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated, but felt pressured to make a decision. I had about 2 days to make a decision since my contact was going to be out of the office for a week. This did not allow any time to negotiate.

Human Resources Trainee Interview

Human Resources Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online at nestlepurinacareers.com for the HR Trainee position. The first contact was a phone interview. The recruiter asked me to run through my resume and then asked me 2 behavior-based questions. When I made it past the phone interview, I was assigned an ambassador at the plant I was going to interview at. The ambassador contacted me several times to get to know me, what my interests were, give me info about the town I would be living in, the interview process, etc. He was a current HR trainee and said he had no part in the on-site interviews or selection process. The on-site interviews consisted of a 2-day itinerary. Day 1 was informational. We learned about the company, culture, opportunities, trainee program, and we got a plant tour. That night the managers and current trainees took us out for happy hour and dinner. Day 2 was interview day. I had 4 back to back behavior-based interviews (2-3 questions each). After interviews, we got lunch and then we left for the airport to go home. I heard back from the HR manager the next day when he called me to offer the job. I was thrilled, but one negative part was he wanted a quick answer (like 2 days) and I was still interviewing with other companies. I took the job anyway because Purina was where I wanted to work.

Interview Question – I can't remember. Practice behavior-based interviewing. Between the phone screen and the on-site interview, I probably answered 10-11 of those things! They are the ones that sound like, "Tell me about a time when you noticed a problem with a process and took initiative to find the root cause."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable. They tell you that at the phone screen.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Very formulaic interview for the first phone interview. I did not like it and declined to go any further.

Be willing to relocate anywhere as they may only have an opening at one plant.

Pretty standard HR questions, know what a gap audit is, what other quality assurance jobs have you had, and the difference between Nestle and Nestle Purina, as they asked me.

Interview Question – Have you had experience with a gap audit? How does that fit with the Quality Assurance job at Nestle Purina.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2013.

Interview Details – The call was very detailed about covering details on my resume. Say why you like pets, and why you would be passionate to work for the company. Be familiar with what products they have. She was not impressed with my Fraternity involvement except that they were elected positions. She was very nice about everything and asked standard finance and accounting questions. The pay would be $18 an hour.

Interview Question – What would be the accounting journal entry if a customer bought a product without cash?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and received an email to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. I was told to set aside 45 minutes to an hour for the interview, which was scheduled for a week later. The interview was behavior based. It consisted of basic HR questions and 2 behavior questions. The interview in my opinion went well and the Hr rep said she would send my information to the hiring plant for them to decide if they wanted a face to face. She told me if chose the face to face would be at headquarters and I'd be flown there all expense paid. I got the standard thanks but no thanks email exactly 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Name time you had to explain something difficult in simple terms. Name a time you had to make an unpopular decision and convince a group to accept it. Why purina? Why the Management Trainee Position?   Answer Question

Purina Veterinary Consultant Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in August 2013.

Interview Details – After applying to the position you will be contacted by a Human Resources Assistant, that will conduct a phone interview with a vary basic overview of your Resume. Then you will be asked very specific questions in regards to if you have ever done certain duties and you will have to elaborate in detail.

After passing this you will be invited to have an in person interview at the corporate office in St. Louis, MO. You will most likely be interviewed by 3 different people on the team on a one on one style sit down.

Beware of travel office; if it wasn't for the utmost due diligence I wouldn't have even made it to St. Louis because there is so many people working on one thing.

Interview Question – Questions were so specific be aware and have an answer even if you haven't had experience doing the specific task. A deer in the headlight stare could happen - for example: Have you ever had any experience developing a budget and would you be able to walk me through this?

Also, if you were a super hero, what super power would you be able to bring to the table?
  Answer Question