Nestlé Purina PetCare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

3.1

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in January 2015.

I applied through my university's career website and was invited to partake in a first round phone interview. Overall, the interview went was pretty straightforward. I was asked to give a brief background of myself and my experience and then was asked three behavioral questions afterwards. However, after the interview process, I felt that human resources was rather disrespectful towards me. I was told that I would receive email soon about whether or not I advanced to the next round, yet after about two weeks went by I had not heard anything. As a result, I decided to call the representative who interviewed me but she did not answer the phone so I left a message. A few days later, I eventually went onto the website to check my application status to find out that I did not advance to the next round. I was not really bothered by the fact that I did not advance as much as I was by the fact that I was promised some sort of notification and received nothing. Overall, from an outside view, the company needs to work on their manners a bit while also increasing the amount of clarity within their interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work with a team and describe some of the obstacles that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Employment Branding Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in January 2015.

I applied for the internship position on a weekday morning and received an e-mail from a recruiter later on that evening to set up a phone interview. She was very nice and informed me about the details of the interview - 20-30 mins, going over my resume, and focusing on behavior based questions.

I had a phone interview scheduled two weeks from the initial e-mail. I prepared as much as possible by researching information on behavior based interviews and of course about the organization. She called right on time and we began the process - she was very nice and explained again the process. I was very happy I was able to ask questions at the end of my interview which she answered kindly. Everything went as expected in regards to asking me about my resume and experience and what my responsibilities were with each position.

While I did not move on to be interviewed in person I was happy to have had the experience. I wish I would have know the start date for the internship because if I knew beforehand that they needed someone ASAP I would not have applied at the time I did. Overall positive experience!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem in an innovative way.   Answer Question

Information Systems Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in January 2015.

The process starts off with a standard phone interview, about 2 weeks or so after you apply. An HR associate will give you a call where they ask about your experiences, what you know about Nestle Purina and general behavioral questions. They then allow you to ask questions about the program. They also mention salary. After about another 2 weeks or so they gave me a call asking me about my availability or an on-site interview over the course of 2 days. I was flown out, everything paid for and was given an expense sheet as well. I was being interviewed along with 3 other candidates.The first day consisted of a tour of the plant, company history, benefits and more information about the program. Later that day the other candidates and I were invited to have drinks with some of the management, former and current trainees. After that, we were invited to dinner with some of the current trainees where we spoke about the program, work/life balance and future opportunities. It was a great experience.

For the second day we began interviews at about 8am. There is a series of 4 interviews. One with the HR manager, another with the current assistant manager in your department, another with the manager of your department and another with a manager of another department. This process takes about 4 hours. Each of the 4 candidates rotated to a different interview each hour.

Afterwards you are invited to lunch with the people who interviewed you and from there you leave.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something out of your comfort zone.. What was it and what did you do to prepare yourself for it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

My contact with Purina prior to the face-to-face interviews took place via email. The phone screen was 1 hour and covered my job history and qualifications, why I was leaving my current position, salary expectations, etc. I learned only a little about the role and was told I would learn more in the interviews if I were invited to interview. A little while later I heard I was moving on to the next step of the process. The interviews were arduous - three behavioral-based interviews asking for different examples to be used with each person. Because of how long that process took, I didn't have much time to ask questions about the role or team I would be joining, and when I did I received a fairly high-level description of the responsibilities. In general I felt I could do the job as I understood it with my experience, but I will say that the focus on the behavioral interviewing and the time that takes didn't give me as a candidate much information about the company, the role they will be assuming if hired and how it fits into the bigger picture, information about the rest of the team, etc. In general I had a positive feeling about the company based on available internet info and its good reputation, as well as my positive interactions with the interview team, but it's a good thing because no one did much promoting. The value of behavioral interviewing is great for the organization to make quality hires, but would also recommend putting a little more focus on those considering whether or not to join the company and seeing the interview process from their perspective as well. Often for experienced candidates, interviews are being conducted in both directions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult in and of themselves, but the fact that similar questions are asked in slightly different ways and you are supposed to have different scenarios each time is the tricky part.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

First phone interview lasted about an hour. He asked me to go through my resume chronologically. Then he asked some behavioral questions. 3 weeks later I was invited for a face to face interview which consisted of 3, 45-minute interviews with people from the QA department. People were very friendly and I had a good feeling about the job when I left.

Order Revenue Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

The in person interview is three hours long, you meet with 3 different people and go over 3 behavioral questions with each one. I was allowed to bring in examples in a notebook to source since it is such an intense situation. Overall they are making sure you have the behaviors they are looking for in a succesful employee.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for the department I chose

Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

The interview process was quick but thorough. The team of Recruiters were focused on the job opening and what key behaviors were needed to succeed within the role. It was nice to have someone to interpret the job description into plain English. I got the impression that they were really an equal advocate for the job seeker and the Company.
    The phone and in-person interview were behavior-based. The interviewers were very kind and explained the process well. There were no surprises.
    Advice: Read as many reviews on Glass Door as possible. You will learn a lot about the interview process. PREPARE! Prior to the interview, think of situations that you can talk about.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you didn't get buy-in from a peer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. We discussed start date and salary options. Agreement was met.Great process.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

A HR representative called a day after I submitted application to arrange an interview. I scheduled the interview for about a week later. He asked about 5 behavioral, star story type questions about dealing with teams, project management, and using analytics. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was exactly as described by other reviewers. She started by having me go through my resume and then moved onto behavioral questions.

Maintenance Team Leader, Edmond, Oklahoma Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in December 2014.

I applied online and within 3 hours was contacted fur a phone interview.The interviewer was very professional and easy to talk to. She took 5 pages of notes that she forwarded to the hiring manager and was good at not making the interview feel like an interview. We spoke for 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Why Purina and standard behavior based interview questions.   Answer Question