Nestlé Purina PetCare

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Technical Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

I was only given the chance to do a phone interview that was around 45 minutes long. Normal behavior questions. I applied through my university's career website. Make sure you know why you want to apply for Nestle Purina. Also prepare for behavior questions that relates to times you were successful and times when you made a mistake/had a challenge and how you overcame it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, the recruiter just didn't ask the questions and go through the process very smoothly which made the interview a bit off-beat.   Answer Question

Pet Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Cross questioned between Departmental Supervisor and their manager. Pretty typical questions involving team work, problems at job and how you dealt with them, pushing ideas for better work efficiency, why your previous positions ended, where do you see yourself in 5 years, asked about what you knew of the company and what they're branch in particular was involved with, etc...

Interview Questions
    • I had little work experience and most of that experience was professional and the company trained their employees well, so I didn't really have any personal problems with that company that I had to deal with.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

One phone interview , if you do get to the next step they will call you within a week to fly you out to St. Louis to interview at the main tower.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy , just be real and have basic situational answers ready.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

tell me about yourself ? it was in the afternoon, its a phone interview. you can find instructions on nestle's website. no technical questions. just make sure you well prepared

Supply Chain Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

I submitted an application online, they contacted me 2 days later. We set up a phone interview for the next week. The woman walked through my resume, asked me 2 behavior questions. Asked me subquestions to the behavioral questions. Then told me they would contact me within a few weeks. I emailed her a thank you and sent her a thank you note.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish something without very much direction.   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2014.

Initial interview was by phone and consisted of basic background questions and some behavior-based questions where you were asked to apply a situation from your career to your answer. The in-person interview was grueling at three hours and it was challenging trying to think of different answers for similarly worded questions. I thought it was a bit much for the position I was applying for, but it seems relevant for director and up positions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavior-based and required you to answer with an example from experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

The interview to hiring process took months from start to finish, however, after the HR phone-screen, there was only one true interview and a meeting/lunch. The process to get the offer letter took longer than it should due to an out of office HR person, but I was still expected to move my family across the country by the initial start date. The move package was generous, but did not include assistance selling our rental property. Be careful of a possible healthcare coverage gap. I didn't realize that they delayed health insurance for 30 days which was expensive. Once I started, my role and the team I manage did not match what was outlined in the job description.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing about the interview style is that they don't ask much related to the role. They are all behavioral questions, so study how to successfully complete those types of interviews. You have to pass with a certain score in order to move forward at each step.   Answer Question
    They didn't budge much on the offer made during negotiations, just on vacation. I had to take a step-down across the board to take the position, but there were other personal perks that out-weighed those negatives.

Quality Assurance Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2014.

They try very hard to help you feel comfortable during the interview process and it works. I got to have a lot of informal interactions with the people that I would be interviewing with before the interview and it helped me feel a lot more relaxed. They are also very great about getting back to you quickly. With every interview that I had, they had a response for me within two days.

Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2014.

After responding to a job board posting, I received an email asking to set up a phone interview with some of their designers. The phone interview was fairly easy and we chatted about my portfolio and design experience. I was then invited to an on-site interview at their St. Louis office. There, I met with the whole team to go over my portfolio and resume, went lunch, then went on a tour of the Purina campus. They all asked me many questions regarding design and how I work. On the flip side, every single one of them had a difficult time explaining what they did at Purina. The people were warm and extremely friendly, however, I ultimately think they were looking for someone with more experience.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Phone interview with HR, then you get moved forward into a 3 hour interview, 1 hour with each executive. All behavioral based questions, but they give you time to think and prepare. Overall if was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work under pressure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question