Nestlé Purina PetCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2013.

Interview Details – The call was very detailed about covering details on my resume. Say why you like pets, and why you would be passionate to work for the company. Be familiar with what products they have. She was not impressed with my Fraternity involvement except that they were elected positions. She was very nice about everything and asked standard finance and accounting questions. The pay would be $18 an hour.

Interview Question – What would be the accounting journal entry if a customer bought a product without cash?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and received an email to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. I was told to set aside 45 minutes to an hour for the interview, which was scheduled for a week later. The interview was behavior based. It consisted of basic HR questions and 2 behavior questions. The interview in my opinion went well and the Hr rep said she would send my information to the hiring plant for them to decide if they wanted a face to face. She told me if chose the face to face would be at headquarters and I'd be flown there all expense paid. I got the standard thanks but no thanks email exactly 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Name time you had to explain something difficult in simple terms. Name a time you had to make an unpopular decision and convince a group to accept it. Why purina? Why the Management Trainee Position?   Answer Question

Purina Veterinary Consultant Interview

Purina Veterinary Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in August 2013.

Interview Details – After applying to the position you will be contacted by a Human Resources Assistant, that will conduct a phone interview with a vary basic overview of your Resume. Then you will be asked very specific questions in regards to if you have ever done certain duties and you will have to elaborate in detail.

After passing this you will be invited to have an in person interview at the corporate office in St. Louis, MO. You will most likely be interviewed by 3 different people on the team on a one on one style sit down.

Beware of travel office; if it wasn't for the utmost due diligence I wouldn't have even made it to St. Louis because there is so many people working on one thing.

Interview Question – Questions were so specific be aware and have an answer even if you haven't had experience doing the specific task. A deer in the headlight stare could happen - for example: Have you ever had any experience developing a budget and would you be able to walk me through this?

Also, if you were a super hero, what super power would you be able to bring to the table?
  Answer Question

Brand Management Intern Interview

Brand Management Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2012.

Interview Details – An initial phone screen and then three one-hour interviews at Purina's headquarters in St. Louis. All of the questions are behavioral based. Offers are then extended within a few weeks. If you receive an offer, you are treated to VIPurina day, spouses welcome, to determine whether or not you want to accept. You'll have approximately 45 days to accept.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to show leadership on a team where you were not the leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was an internship, there was not much to negotiate. Though, I was able to negotiate a few changes to relocation expenses.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Saint Louis, MO

Interview Details – First I completed a 15 minute phone interview. After that, I was provided transportation and hotel accommodations for an overnight stay in St. Louis. The interview process in St. Louis was three 45 minute interviews by three Nestle Purina employees followed by a campus tour and lunch.

Interview Question – Very typical behavioral based questions and there are tips on what the questions are/good answers on the Nestle Purina careers website.   Answer Question

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Engineering Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – For the behavioral interview, they asked me 2 questions about specific situations. 1. When have you had to describe something technical in simple terms? 2. For the last design project you were on, what research did you have to do in order to design it? They also went through my resume with me and asked me to describe everything on it with more detail.

Interview Question – For the last design project you were on, what research did you have to do in order to design it?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in September 2013.

Interview Details – After a screening call with HR, I was invited to come in for 3 90 minute sessions with other marketers. The interviews allowed for conversational time, but also their more standardized "behavioral" interview questions. Everyone was very pleasant and very positive about the culture and organization, even with the apparent limited advancement opportunities.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you head to look beyond the apparent causes for a problem and identify the underlying causes for that problem and what actions you took?   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Engineering Assistant
Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online via a posting on a college jobs website. I was then lead to the website for the company. The company then had their own jobs website to apply on. Your typical online job application. About 2 weeks later I got an email from their HR saying they wanted to do a phone screen. I then had the phone screen which was about 1 hour in length. There they asked me mostly about myself, career goals and only 2 interview questions. Much of it was finding out about the company and trainee program. Then a month later I received word I had an interview on-site at their factory. One month later I had my interview. There I met several people involved in management, some interviews had 2 interviewers, some had 1. I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – How do you know the information or data you obtain from an experiment is correct/calibrated?   Answer Question

Marketing Internship Interview

Marketing Internship

Interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Interview Details – Applying online, Phone interview. They might have more options, but I have only experienced so far.

Interview Question – What's biggest problem you faced so far and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and about a month later received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very structured and began with me walking the HR representative through my resume. I was then asked some questions about how I heard about the job and why I wanted to work for Nestle Purina. The phone interview ended with 4 behavioral based questions. The HR representative said I would hear if I were to move onto the in person interview in about 2 weeks.
Two weeks went by so I contacted the HR rep I had interviewed with who confirmed I would know in a few days. I few days later, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview.
The next week, I went in for a 4 hour long interview. The first hour was lunch with a manager and my potential boss. I was then led to a conference room where I was interviewed for 3 hours (1 hour each with 2 different people in each interview). The questions were all behavior based except for any questions regarding my resume. There were 4 behavior-based questions per interview but they each had about 4 sub-questions.
Although some of the questions were challenging and stressful at times, the people I met were extremely nice. It was obviously apparent that they loved their jobs and were passionate about what they did. I really enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – I prepared a lot for this interview so none of the questions were unexpected. Some of the behavioral questions were challenging because they were similar but you had to come up with different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first permanent job so I was just happy to get the job. I gave them a minimum salary and they were able to come very close to that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nestlé Purina PetCare