Nestlé Purina PetCare

3.2

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Order Revenue Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

The in person interview is three hours long, you meet with 3 different people and go over 3 behavioral questions with each one. I was allowed to bring in examples in a notebook to source since it is such an intense situation. Overall they are making sure you have the behaviors they are looking for in a succesful employee.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for the department I chose

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Applied through university job posting portal. Then a phone interview with HR Recruiter that lasted about 30-45 minutes. The second round consisted of 3 back to back interviews with managers at their St. Louis Office. They paid for all the expenses of flying to and back from St. Louis. Each second round interview consisted of 4 behavioral questions and you had to have different stories for each interview. So in total you needed 12 different stories/ examples. All of the interviews were behavioral. There weren't any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Nestlé Purina PetCare?   View Answer

The company and people were great! I really wish I could have accepted the offer; however, I received another offer that was more in line with my career goals. I would definitely recommend this opportunity to everyone though.

Employment Branding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2014.

I received a request for a phone interview within 8 minutes of submitting my application. My phone interview was set up for early the next week. The talent sourcing recruiter was very polite and explained the process. She was also helpful in preparing me for what to expect. I was informed that if I passed the phone interview, I would move on to the next stage, which would be a 3 hour interview on site. I was notified that the hiring manager wanted me to come in for an interview on-site within a couple of days.

The on-site interview lasted for 3 hours, and I met with four different individuals. Everyone was friendly, relaxed, and did a fantastic job of making me feel comfortable. They asked me 12 questions total, with follow up questions. I had felt that the first 2 hours went well, but I was pretty sure during the 3rd hour that I would not be offered the position. I was notified at 8 a.m. the next morning via email that I did not get the position.

Overall, the staff did a great job of making a 3 hour intensive interview feel relaxed. They are very speedy with their responses, and it is nice that they let you know either way, so that you can continue on your job search. I did ask for feedback, but the recruiter told me that she was not allowed to give it. I do wish that policy was different, especially in regards to interns. It could be very valuable for students who are recently graduated or about to graduate and will likely be participating in a lot of interviews. It isn't easy feedback to obtain, but it is so important for individual growth.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you were innovative and it led to a policy change.

This was a difficult question, because I had a list of almost 30 examples of when I did something innovative; however, only a couple of those led to a change in policy.

Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in October 2014.

Initial interview was by phone and consisted of basic background questions and some behavior-based questions where you were asked to apply a situation from your career to your answer. The in-person interview was grueling at three hours and it was challenging trying to think of different answers for similarly worded questions. I thought it was a bit much for the position I was applying for, but it seems relevant for director and up positions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavior-based and required you to answer with an example from experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

The interview to hiring process took months from start to finish, however, after the HR phone-screen, there was only one true interview and a meeting/lunch. The process to get the offer letter took longer than it should due to an out of office HR person, but I was still expected to move my family across the country by the initial start date. The move package was generous, but did not include assistance selling our rental property. Be careful of a possible healthcare coverage gap. I didn't realize that they delayed health insurance for 30 days which was expensive. Once I started, my role and the team I manage did not match what was outlined in the job description.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing about the interview style is that they don't ask much related to the role. They are all behavioral questions, so study how to successfully complete those types of interviews. You have to pass with a certain score in order to move forward at each step.   Answer Question
    They didn't budge much on the offer made during negotiations, just on vacation. I had to take a step-down across the board to take the position, but there were other personal perks that out-weighed those negatives.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in September 2014.

Sent in resume. Had phone interview 2 weeks later. Phone interview seemed scripted. Went over resume. Had 2 accounting questions and 3 bahavioral. Took 40 minutes. Did not recieve an offer.

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in September 2014.

Professional and quick in responding to resume submissions. Standard interview process going over resume and situational questions and how you handled it, but covered the basics. I was able to ask questions about the position, location, hours etc. Interviewer talked very fast and it all sounded very scripted. She was definitely going through the motions, asking the question, noting answers but not a lot of personal involvement in the process. Over all the experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult if you plan ahead for the "have you ever...and how did you handle it" questions.(Go to their website for tips on interviewing.)   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in July 2014.

I applied online. Had a telephone interview (screen) a little less than 2 weeks later. The recruiter had me walk through my resume. She asked me several behavioral based questions which were easy. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Was called in for a face-to-face interview about 3 weeks later. As I waited in the lobby, it soon became apparent that the other 2 external candidates were sitting with me. The recruiter walked us all to another building together. We were then put in 3 glass rooms right next to each other. Talk about awkward. I was interviewed by 5 people over the course of 3 hours. The first hour was spent with the hiring manager. The second two hour-long interviews were with pairs of associates in the department. They asked behavioral based questions that were similar to those of the recruiter. The only difficult part was that they asked very similar questions over and over so you had to think of different examples/schenarios.

The hiring manager called me 6 days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to shift gears unexpectedly on a recent project.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Very thorough and challenging recruiting process. Very well laid out. I knew what to expect. It was hard but fair. I understand how they get great people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most challenging project you have ever managed?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2014.

The interview process has gone very fast. First i received a phone call from the recruiter telling me that via linkIn she has found my resume. We spoke on the phone later that day and set up the phone interview for the following week. The interview process was behavioral based (2 questions) and also why do you want to work here. Next day I got an e-mail with an invitation for a face to face interview. The face to face interview went very well three people interviewed me. Make sure you practice behavioral based questions. I received a phone call 3 days later giving me an offer. The whole process took less than three weeks!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have the initiative to do a project?   Answer Question