Nestlé Purina PetCare

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Hour long phone interview, flew me out to HQ, then you sit in a room and get 3 1 on 1 interviews. If you make the cut they say you will get a call, if you don't you get the standard thankyou, but no thankyou email. At least they pay for the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you tried and failed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in February 2014.

Interview Details – Overall it was a waste of time and very disappointing interview process. I had put in a application for a specific area the position was being advertised for. I received an email quickly asking me to set up a phone interview and to send times that worked for me. I sent my times over and was scheduled for a phone interview about a week later. When it came down to the phone interview we talked for about 5 minutes until it came up that the position in my area was already filled and the only positions open are on the other side of the country. Feel like this was a huge was of my time since I spent a lot of time preparing and researching for the interview not to mention it was a huge let down. I am all for offering the option to apply for the other positions but be up front about abut it. The position is still on their company website as well.

Interview Question – Didn't get into questions   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and received an email for a phone interview within 2 days. The interview was extremely structured consisting of my background experience, past jobs and duties, salary requirements, and 2 behavioral questions. I received another email within 24 hours informing I was not selected for the position as a result of my background experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you sell something (idea or process) after meeting great resistance?   Answer Question
  • Describe a project you completed after encountering obstacles and what were they?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in November 2013.

Interview Details – After I applied I received an email of interest. Then had a phone interview which was short and we went over my resume and had me explain everything on my resume. After that she asked me two questions and asked a ton of questions about them. The interviewer was very short and non conversational. I am pretty sure they are told to not be friendly and be very direct and get the questions answered and not to waste any time.

Interview Question – What is one situation you have ever been in where you had to make the final decision?   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email to setup a phone interview, went fairly quick. Lots of questions with a recruiter about your resume and past experiences, then 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions, wanted a what happened what you did and what the outcome was. Very sales orientated type questions.   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions, it's a sales job so alot of the questions pertain to meeting sales goals.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2012.

Interview Details – Quick response after submitting resume, followed by a 1.5 hour phone interview. If chosen to continue, you will go to St. Louis for face-to-face interviews with 3 different groups of people, lasting about 4 hours. All interivews consisted of behavior-based questions

Interview Question – Behavior-based questions are tricky to prepare for.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the company recruiter in 2 weeks time. She scheduled a phone interview and conducted it herself in a couple of days. It lasted an hour and was behavior-based. She called me in a week and said they would like to invite me to interview in their HQ in St. Louis, MO. I went there in another week (all expenses paid) and had three 1-hour interviews with 2 different people every time. Everybody was very friendly and the interviews were also behavior-based. Then I was contacted three days after and told that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict with a fellow employee and how you were able to resolve it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult sale you had to close and how you did it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, they pay a decent salary for this job.

Interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Interview Details – I was called to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was very detail oriented. The girl on the phone went over every detail on my resume. This was followed up with a few behavioral questions. Nothing unusual but each question had several follow up questions. The girl was very nice, but it was clear that she was recording every single detail. I was informed that I would here back in around three weeks for a follow up interview or to let me know they are going a different route. It has been two weeks... Fingers crossed.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had a conflict with a co worker, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in July 2011.

Interview Details – After doing some research, this was my company of choice as I wanted to move on from my current job to a potential career with longevity and the ability to move up and grow with a good company. I applied online and received a phone call within a few days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted and went in depth on my past experiences and behavioral questions. The interview lasted about an hour and went well. I was told by the recruiter that they are big on communication and will hear back within 2 weeks either by a phone call inviting me to fly out for a second interview or an email informing me that I was not selected to move on in the interview process. It's now been 3 and a half weeks and I still have not been contacted by either method. Still waiting eagerly to get a response back.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had an issue with an employee and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé Purina PetCare Videos

Nestlé Purina PetCare – Why Work for Us?

We Believe Pets and People are Better Together Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Purina PetCare Territory Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé Purina PetCare employees and interview candidates.