Nestlé Purina PetCare Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was tough... All behavioral based. It was a long process for me between the phone interview and the actual in-person interview. The HR department is great, I cannot say enough nice things. The travel was arranged and everything was set up very well for the in-person interview. Imagine my dissapointment when none of the territories I applied for were open, I felt lied too and basically had my time wasted. The interview itself was completely unorganized, the interviewers were nice but one of them was less than professional, aka not very organized and just left a bad taste in my mouth about the company in general. Three separate interviews, each had 4 behavioral based questions. Several questions overlapped, we were told to give different examples for each question and for each interviewer if possible.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions, tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, 2 behavior based questions. They got back to me after applying a week online! Phone interview took about 45 minutes. Asked basic questions about experience and why you chose the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later I received an email asking for availability for a phone interview. About a week or so later I had the phone interview. HR rep was professional told me a little about the position, asked me to walk me through my resume and then asked me 2 behavioral questions with follow up questions. The territory I originally applied to was unavailable, but that came up about 5 minutes into the interview. I was fine with that, though, because they had a territory I was willing to relocate to, and they do pay for relocation. A few weeks later, I heard back from the HR rep saying I was selected for an in-person interview. She once again told me about the territory possibilities, and told me to research behavioral interviews. She set up the in-person interview for a month later. I flew out to HQ in St. Louis where I had 3 interviews, all with 4 behavioral based interview questions. If you have relevant experience, giving a different example/story for each should be fairly easy. Just smile, be confident, and show that you'll be a great fit for the company and that you really want to work for them. The pros are that the interviews are not difficult, they pay for your traveling expenses for the in person interview, the interviewers were all nice, professional, and made the interview process a stress-free one. The cons are that the territory you applied to may not be available and the entire interview process can take a couple months. For me, this wasn't an issue, but I can see how it can be for others. Overall, I'd say it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze information to make a decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I'm sure you could.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview. About two weeks after the phone interview I was contacted to fly out to HQ for three one hour long interviews. A little over a week later I received a call and was offered the job. They each ask similar behaviorial based questions (look up STAR method). Make sure you plan ahead and have lots of stories and examples of previous experience ready. Everyone was very friendly throughout the entire process. Just be confident and prepared and know why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to suggest an unpopular idea that would benefit the company. Tell me about a time when you were innovative. Tell me a time when you had to make a decision in a short amount of time when you didn't have all the information you needed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process has taken 2 months. First applied online, then a follow up email with set times for a phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, you fly out to st. louis at the main tower.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a problem and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed me 2 weeks after for a phone interview. I replied and booked a day, one recruiter were supposed to call me but never called. I sent an email to the woman who contacted me, she never replied. So I called 3 days after to re-scheduled a phone interview. They finally called me 1 week later and it was very short (only 10 min). The woman was not friendly, she was in a hurry. I could hear other recruiters to call people behind so they were pretty busy. She asked me about my education, my experiences, if I needed to be sponsored, and only 1 based behavior questions. She told me they will contact me in maximum 1 week and now it is more than one week and they still did not tell me if I am hired or not. I guess not. This was the worst experience I ever had so far and they are not professional at all. Do not say anything if you cannot respect your promise!

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

One phone interview , if you do get to the next step they will call you within a week to fly you out to St. Louis to interview at the main tower.

Interview Questions

• Very easy , just be real and have basic situational answers ready.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then you get moved forward into a 3 hour interview, 1 hour with each executive. All behavioral based questions, but they give you time to think and prepare. Overall if was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under pressure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Interview

Hour long phone interview, flew me out to HQ, then you sit in a room and get 3 1 on 1 interviews. If you make the cut they say you will get a call, if you don't you get the standard thankyou, but no thankyou email. At least they pay for the process.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Purina PetCare in February 2014.

Interview

Overall it was a waste of time and very disappointing interview process. I had put in a application for a specific area the position was being advertised for. I received an email quickly asking me to set up a phone interview and to send times that worked for me. I sent my times over and was scheduled for a phone interview about a week later. When it came down to the phone interview we talked for about 5 minutes until it came up that the position in my area was already filled and the only positions open are on the other side of the country. Feel like this was a huge was of my time since I spent a lot of time preparing and researching for the interview not to mention it was a huge let down. I am all for offering the option to apply for the other positions but be up front about abut it. The position is still on their company website as well.