Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who read from a list of questions. She then scheduled me for an in person interview. Upon arrival, I had no name to ask for, no office directions. Once I was in front of the hiring manager he asked me if I knew the job only paid 12.40/hr? I was told we would discuss pay in person.

Interview Questions

• Did you know this position only pays 12.40/hr   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Farmington, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 days I heard a response. An interview was set up several days later, and I had a 30 minute conversation about my skills and background with an HR woman. Unfortunately, I was told that I had to relocate to their district (which is only 7 miles away from my residence). I declined, and the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to an appropriate zip code?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

I had been working for Nestle as a full time temp and was interviewing for a full time position. The interview was with three people (two in dept and one HR rep). Questions are asked out of a booklet that is based on the leadership qualities for the level of the position. Each answer is scored by each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you made a mistake. What was the mistake? How did you resolve it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Professional and organized interview process. I was initially contacted by email. They scheduled a 30-45 minute phone interview with hiring mgr. Then I had individual in person interviews with HR, another person in the department and the hiring manager (about 2-3 hr total). About a couple weeks to hear back as other interviews were being done.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions that you can find online. Name 3 weaknesses, how would others describe you?, tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA (DeKalb, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The HR manager called me promptly after my online application through the university job board. The first call I received was not a pre-screen, but an explanation of the position and right away we set up an interview. Was interviewed by the direct supervisor and the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience writing standard operating procedures?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an issue you faced at your last job and what you did to handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

All three of my interviews were very different due to whom I was speaking with. The first interview was with HR who was very friendly and tried to get a general feel for my personality. The second interview was with an OMT who had finished the program who asked more technical questions about how I got along with others and why I was interested in the program. She was very stoic and gave little verbal feedback about how the interview was going so I found this part the hardest. The third interview is with someone who would be your supervisor. I enjoyed speaking with him as he had a better understanding of how the company works as a whole.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose a club/activity that you are the most proud to be a part of what would it be?   1 Answer

Business Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from there a recruiting coordinator contacted me to schedule my interviews and I was issued an interview schedule. My first interview was with a manager over the phone, my in-person interviews were with five managers including Human Resources. Overall a very professional streamlined process.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 balls all of which look alike. 7 of them weigh the same and 1 is lighter.? You have a balance scale. how can you find the lighter in 2 weighs?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

3 rounds all the same day. HR, Director, and VP. All about an hour long. Nothing specific as a call out for somebody else going in. pretty standard. Some of them had dead eyes, weren't really interested in the interview.

Interview Questions

• what is your goal in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it. offended I countered. was very unprofessional

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

I applied and met the recruiter from my university's career week. There are a total of three rounds, including a non-interview one day onsite with a local Sales Rep after the second round if you're accepted into third round. Both first and second were basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle different priorities?   Answer Question

Nestle Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, casual interview where the recruiters want to get to know you. They take the program incredibly seriously, so the first round was with two members of the sales department on campus, with the second interview being with a current NSDP member and a Vice President on campus. Afterwards, I was selected for a final round interview in Glendale, California. I had 3- 45 minutes interviews out there, as well as having a banquet and dinner with the employees at Nestle. Just be excited and honest in your answers.