Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Apply through campus recruitment portal and Nestle website for Diversity Brand Camp -> phone screen with recruiter -> mostly behavioral phone interview -> selected for brand camp -> 3 day brand 'boot camp' concluding with 3 45 minute behavioral and marketing case interviews. The behavioral questions consisted of the typical STAR story format, with a focus on leadership and analytical ability.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the brand manager of Lean Cuisine, what would you do to recast the brand image to reflect Nutrition, Health and Wellness?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Campus career fair: I didn't attend the career fair, but I went to their information session. I was lucky to get the last quota in the candidate list. Then the second day is the campus onsite interview. I thought I did pretty well. Their human resource officer sent me a rejection email at the next weekend. Then claimed that I should disregard the previous email. However, I got a rejection email four days later anyway.

Interview Questions
    • It is really tough to believe that you are willing to work in Walmart and checking the products for hours per day (one part of the job requirement), please convince me that you are capable to do that.   View Answer

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Has a phone interview but didnt make it to the next behavioral interview. If you make it to the final round, it will take place in chicago. Then they will contact you if you make the cut.

OMT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in September 2014.

Met them at university. Got an interview on the spot. The interview was a 1:1 30 minute interview. They were 3 behavioral questions. 3 open ended questions. Questions were like tell me you had to deal with conflict, tell me a time you took initiative. Why nestle? There are 2 rounds. The second round is at their office.

NDIC Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

There will be 2 Rounds of Interview. The first round is behavioral with two people in front of you. The questions are pretty straight forward. You just have to be familiar with the STAR method of answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time when you had to include a flawed idea.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

Worked via recruiter but final interview was a behavioral interview. In that, they asked you to describe how you would handle situations. It was kind of difficult but if you put yourself in the mindset the person you would like to be, the answers came fairly easy

Interview Questions
    • many of the behavior questions required examples, so that was a struggle   View Answer
    I negotiated hard for max salary and got the highest one the recruiter had seen for that position but that mainly was related to an overall salary decrease from my current job

Edy's Ice Cream Maker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in September 2011.

You have to apply online, once that is accepted you will wait a few weeks for the email to come saying if you are invited to complete the testing phase. The testing phase is a 4 hour test containing flow charts, math, basic English comprehension, a personality quiz. If you pass the test you are then interviewed twice. You pass both of those and you are in. During the interviews just be honest and open.

Interview Questions
    • The one that threw me off a little was, out of everyone that has applied for this position what makes you better than them?   View Answer
    There isn't a whole lot of negotiation at the level that I can into the company at.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Detailed with what's expected and what departments will be supported as well as who I will report to and what function I serve for each as well as daily, weekly, and monthly operations of,departments.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to read aloud a script to judge my speaking voice.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

* Online Application - End of April 2014.
    * Contacted by Nestle recruiter on May 9th, 2014 for initial phone interview, which was setup a few days later on May 12th, 2014. In addition, a candidate profile needs to be filled out before the phone interview.
    * Received a call and e-mail confirmation on June 19th, 2014 from Nestle Recruiting for face interview on June 25th, 2014.
    * Interview was split into 3 back-to-back 1 hour Interviews. Each interview is conducted by a team of 2 who will ask you technical, analytical, as well as behavioural questions tag-team style. 1st interview: 2 Directors (Hiring Manager reports to these), 2nd interview - 1 Manager (Hiring Manager), and 3rd interview - 1 Manager and the Head of the Business Unit.

Questions were kept fair and each group utilized their 1 hour time slot in its fullest, which did not allow time for me to ask more detailed questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a great idea of yours is held back by company regulations?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where your manager/director says/does something controversial?   Answer Question
    • Explain/define "Weighted Average".   View Answer
    • How many cabs are currently servicing Manhattan?   Answer Question
    • How many airplanes are currently in the air?   Answer Question

Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

The hiring process took almost three months from application to start date. I applied online and had an interview three weeks later. I was offered the job almost a month later and then started a month after that. They are VERY slow with this process. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was intimidating. Maybe some of the "describe a time.." those are always hard to think of.   Answer Question