Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

On-campus interview with two graduates from the school I went to that work their. Sat down and got straight down to business with about 3-4 interview questions. Then they proceeded to give me a chance to ask questions. Very nice and polite, but didn't land another interview. They want to see some previous sales experience and try to relate things you have done to sales.

Interview Questions

• Asked about 3 questions: explain a time you worked on a team and what was accomplished, what experience are you most proud of on your resume and why, what interested me such much about Nestle.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, day in the field shadowing someone who is already in the position, Face to Face with 2 regional managers. Phone screen last around 30 minutes getting to know about previous experiences and if you can communicate effectively. Day in the field is going with someone who is already in the position. You don't have to help but it's good to show initiative and ask questions to the person you are with as they will be reporting back to the person who will be interviewing you. That lasted about 3-4 hours if you want to stay that long. The face to face interview lasted about 45 minutes. Received an offer about a week after the face to face interview. Overall a good interview experience. It does take some a while to get through the whole process as they want to make sure you are a good fit for them and they are are a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• All questions were your typical interview questions. The interviewers really want to know about past experiences that would relate to the position that you are applying for and what you can do for them and the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

OMT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA in February 2015.

Interview

Five questions/30 minutes per first two round of interviews. All typical interview questions. By phone. First interview (screening) on positive experiences, achievements, goals, etc. Second interview on experiences working in groups, problem solving, and handling problems in the work place, etc. Did not move onto third round, but didn't have too much relevant experience or maybe just didn't present it well enough. Not sure.

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair held on college campus. I was contacted a few days later for a first round interview. I was told that there would be three rounds, with the final round being in California. Attended an information session prior to the interview where they pushed for great sales people. First round interview was with a senior account executive and another person who had just completed the sales development program. It was pretty casual, questions about resume and prior experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you want us to remember about you when making our selection? Otherwise, just a few behavioral questions. It was very laid back and more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview/screening almost 3 months after applying. Initial interviewer knew more about the role than I expected as it is difficult for HR to always know details of a particular position. I had a second phone interview and then only one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• I always hate the question what is your salary, and this interviewer surprised me by asking this very early on and not at the end of the interview as is more typical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Applied online and received an email asking for a 20-30 minute phone interview. The phone interview felt very casual, and I was asked relatively straight-forward questions. There was then time left at the end for me to take the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. They were all questions along the lines of "Tell me about a time when…"   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

All behavioral - no technical questions asked. Final round interview included three one-on-one interviews with managers and one group presentation about a prior project (academic or professional) relating to the job. Prepared prior to interview (~1 week).

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions that test competency against internal behaviors (which are also used in performance evaluations)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Applied online. Got call from screener about a month after who asked basic questions. Strangest one was how do you keep yourself safe? It was very scripted line of questioning. Scheduled interview with hiring manager for following week.

Not the right fit.

Internship Interview

Interview

They interviewed me on phone, was pretty normal, asked general questions about experience and told me about their manufacturing plant There was a panel of interviewers who interviewed me, it wasnt anything out of the ordinary

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by HR asking to set up a time to speak over the phone regarding this position and then after about half an hour talk he said that the engineering manager would have to decided whether he wants an interview with me or not. He got back to me the next day and said that the manager wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was super easy and not stressful at all, questions were specific but not difficult.....at the end of the 30 min interview I was told that I was selected for the final round of interview in person. I flew to IL and interview took about 3 hours with all behavioral questions. Everybody was really nice during the interview and I felt very comfortable talking to them.

Interview Questions

• really no difficult or unexpected questions were asked   Answer Question