Nestlé USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Operations Leadership Program Interview

Field Operations Leadership Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – STAR format questions and behavioral

Interview Question – What do you think the role is about?   View Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details – Good process. Great people. No surprises. Made to feel welcome. Fairly fast - just a few weeks. Met with 5 people. Various levels of management. Taken to lunch as well. Important for them to see the real person (in a relaxed setting) versus just during a formal interview. Important to have good questions for them that shows you have researched the company or specific business opportunity. Make sure you follow up with a thank you note or email. The people/ relationship skills are highly valued. One of the best interview processes I have ever gone though.

Interview Question – Common question of what is your most important development area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair negotiation. Very satisfied.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details – Intense vetting and getting interview process, but once 'in the door' to an in-person, face to face interview...VERY personal, professional and friendly interview process. HR is bar- none. Full benefits offered IMMEDIATELY ....Not after 90 days...Plus use of company truck to obtain Class B License req. by law.

Interview Question – What are your future plans?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy and simple.

Procurement Internship Interview

Procurement Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details – Called for a phone screen and to set up an interview over the phone. The interviewer was very prompt to call right at the arranged time and the interview lasted the length of time told. I was not contacted back to move further in the process.

Questions were both situational and technical

Interview Question – Given a certain technical situation, like the company wanted to start producing a new ice cream product, how would you go about implementing whether or not to pursue the new addition?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Process was pretty smooth. One phone screen, one phone interview and one face to face interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to overcome an obstacle, the process of overcoming it and the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate a higher base leveraging the fact I was not going to participate in Nestle funded health care program. They did not change the original offer.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details – After applying on line I was contacted for first telephone interview and then after several weeks an in person interview.. Nestlé paid airfare and overnight accommodation.
Interview ranged with HR, technical team and future manager.

Questions were mostly behavioral based. Some were scripted.
Each interview was 30-45 min with occasional breaks

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. People were "Nestlé Nice"...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was OK. Tried initial negotiation with HR but did not budge.. As it was what I was expecting so ok.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager
Solon, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details – Hiring process is a bit long in comparison with other companies. They are more of a traditional company so they want to make sure every box is checked. The interview process was first rounds then the brought a group out for the second round interviews. The second round had three 1-hour interviews back to back. They didn't call to reject but rather sent a mass email

Interview Question – The questions are basic behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when...". As with any interview, be prepared to answer why you are interested in Nestle and why they would be a good fit for you. None of the questions were unexpected.   View Answer

Finance & Accounting Interview Interview

Finance & Accounting Interview
Solon, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé USA in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were three rounds of interviews with the questions being almost exclusively behavioral-based questions with one technical question (what's FCF for example, so a softball one). There was a small presentation on safety procedures (common sense and you're fine, you go through nothing dangerous) and they paid for the trip and meals. Overall everyone was as they call it "Nestle Nice," with the exception of one individual.

Interview Question – One uncomfortable and worrying incident that occurred was when one HR employee mentioned she liked Glendale, California, but had a long pause and stated she worried about the "demographic changes" to the city. She further mentioned that she was also concerned about the changing population of the state over the past couple of decades. As a minority, I'm sensitive towards microaggressions that may occur even when unintentional.   Answer Question

Finance & Accounting Intern Interview

Finance & Accounting Intern

Interviewed at Nestlé USA

Interview Details – I applied online in the fall and had my pre-screen interview over Skype in January with someone from Human Resources. During that interview, my interview decided I should go to the next round, so we scheduled the next round at the end of that meeting. I then had a behavioral phone interview one of their financial analysts.

Interview Question – Tell me about a complex project you had and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Procurement Intern Interview

Procurement Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly extensive: the first round of interviews for me consisted of phone interviews with the HR manager and other managers of the company. After I made it past the initial rounds I was flown down to headquarters in Glendale to interview with 17 other candidates. The first day in Glendale was an informal mixer and dinner with Nestle employees and intern candidates. The next day of I went through 3 back-to-back interviews with a mix of HR and Supply Chain managers. I heard back from Nestle around 2 days after the interview process.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question