Nestlé USA

Updated Feb 20, 2015

NDIC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in September 2014.

I met Nestle at the career fair on campus where I was immediately offered an on-campus interview the following day. The interview was mostly behavioral based questions. At the end of the interview i filled out my location preference for where I wanted to be placed. I later was offered second round interviews which was a phone interview. They asked a lot of the same questions that I was asked during the first round interviews which I was not sure if they wanted the same answers or different than the ones I used before.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Detailed with what's expected and what departments will be supported as well as who I will report to and what function I serve for each as well as daily, weekly, and monthly operations of,departments.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to read aloud a script to judge my speaking voice.   Answer Question

Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

The hiring process took almost three months from application to start date. I applied online and had an interview three weeks later. I was offered the job almost a month later and then started a month after that. They are VERY slow with this process. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was intimidating. Maybe some of the "describe a time.." those are always hard to think of.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

It was a very comprehensive interview process. I met with several people and really got to know the culture. They answered my questions about the job and responsibilities adequately. The recruiter did a great job in selling the opportunity, and why Nestle was a top employer.

Interview Questions
    • Too many people on the interview list. How many of them will really have a say in making the decision? The manager the position reports to really didn't sell the job. It's a competitive job market out there so employers should also tell applicants why their company is better.   Answer Question
    I negotiated but they stayed firm on the offer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

I had the pleasure to interview with sales managers at my university's business school sales center. It was a total of three interviews and a ride along. The managers who interviewed me were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions
    • No question was out of the ordinary but make sure you are being honest with them. They want to make sure Nestle is genuinely a good fit for you and vise versa!   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

Worked via recruiter but final interview was a behavioral interview. In that, they asked you to describe how you would handle situations. It was kind of difficult but if you put yourself in the mindset the person you would like to be, the answers came fairly easy

Interview Questions
    • many of the behavior questions required examples, so that was a struggle   View Answer
    I negotiated hard for max salary and got the highest one the recruiter had seen for that position but that mainly was related to an overall salary decrease from my current job

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

* Online Application - End of April 2014.
    * Contacted by Nestle recruiter on May 9th, 2014 for initial phone interview, which was setup a few days later on May 12th, 2014. In addition, a candidate profile needs to be filled out before the phone interview.
    * Received a call and e-mail confirmation on June 19th, 2014 from Nestle Recruiting for face interview on June 25th, 2014.
    * Interview was split into 3 back-to-back 1 hour Interviews. Each interview is conducted by a team of 2 who will ask you technical, analytical, as well as behavioural questions tag-team style. 1st interview: 2 Directors (Hiring Manager reports to these), 2nd interview - 1 Manager (Hiring Manager), and 3rd interview - 1 Manager and the Head of the Business Unit.

Questions were kept fair and each group utilized their 1 hour time slot in its fullest, which did not allow time for me to ask more detailed questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a great idea of yours is held back by company regulations?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where your manager/director says/does something controversial?   Answer Question
    • Explain/define "Weighted Average".   View Answer
    • How many cabs are currently servicing Manhattan?   Answer Question
    • How many airplanes are currently in the air?   Answer Question

NSDP/Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

The process from start to finish was about 2 months, with two interviews on the university campus followed by a "day in the field" with a current member of the NSDP program/Retail Representative. As far as the interviews go, everyone is quite friendly and isn't trying to trick you with any crazy brain teasers or puzzles like in consulting or tech.

To Outline the process:

1.) Information Session on the company after submitting resume and scheduling interview: at this stage they'll tell you all of the benefits of Nestle and how great it is (most of these people will interview the next day).

2.) First Round Interview: This will be an interview with someone who is still in the NSDP program (first 5 years) and then a Director or someone at that level.

3.) Second Round: This interview will be with a VP of Sales or some other high level person, you'll have more of a chat and any questions will largely be behavioral based.

4.) Interview in LA/Glendale California, they'll fly you out and you'll have a networking event followed by a dinner. The following day you will have a half day of interviews. You'll continuously be meeting with VPs and other high level people at this point and this is all part of the interview process.

Recommendations: Geographical flexibility is paramount for this position and being able to move once every year/2 years. If you aren't geographically flexible you probably will not get the position, within the first 4 years alone you will likely move 3 times. If they ask you whether there is any place you wouldn't want to work, just say that location doesn't matter as that puts them off.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Mostly behavior-based questions with some of the usual background inquiries to round it out. Make sure that you do your homework on the company prior to meeting for your interview.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Held a meet and greet on campus, allowing you to mingle with Nestle employees. Ask questions and get your name known before the interview. The interview process was very straight forward, asked about leadership roles, coursework, and prior work experience.