Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online 8/2014 and interviewed with an HR recruiter approximately 1.5 months later then with the hiring manager 2 days later. I was contacted about 2 weeks later for an in-person interview, but I had already accepted another position. I really enjoyed both of my interviews - the company seems very people-oriented which is refreshing.

Interview Questions

• I've done quite a bit of interviewing this year, so nothing seemed really hard or unexpected.   Answer Question

NDIC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

There will be 2 Rounds of Interview. The first round is behavioral with two people in front of you. The questions are pretty straight forward. You just have to be familiar with the STAR method of answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you had to include a flawed idea.   Answer Question

NDIC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I met Nestle at the career fair on campus where I was immediately offered an on-campus interview the following day. The interview was mostly behavioral based questions. At the end of the interview i filled out my location preference for where I wanted to be placed. I later was offered second round interviews which was a phone interview. They asked a lot of the same questions that I was asked during the first round interviews which I was not sure if they wanted the same answers or different than the ones I used before.

OMT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in September 2014.

Interview

Met them at university. Got an interview on the spot. The interview was a 1:1 30 minute interview. They were 3 behavioral questions. 3 open ended questions. Questions were like tell me you had to deal with conflict, tell me a time you took initiative. Why nestle? There are 2 rounds. The second round is at their office.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nestlé USA (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Detailed with what's expected and what departments will be supported as well as who I will report to and what function I serve for each as well as daily, weekly, and monthly operations of,departments.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to read aloud a script to judge my speaking voice.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

The hiring process took almost three months from application to start date. I applied online and had an interview three weeks later. I was offered the job almost a month later and then started a month after that. They are VERY slow with this process. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was intimidating. Maybe some of the "describe a time.." those are always hard to think of.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

It was a very comprehensive interview process. I met with several people and really got to know the culture. They answered my questions about the job and responsibilities adequately. The recruiter did a great job in selling the opportunity, and why Nestle was a top employer.

Interview Questions

• Too many people on the interview list. How many of them will really have a say in making the decision? The manager the position reports to really didn't sell the job. It's a competitive job market out there so employers should also tell applicants why their company is better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated but they stayed firm on the offer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

I had the pleasure to interview with sales managers at my university's business school sales center. It was a total of three interviews and a ride along. The managers who interviewed me were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• No question was out of the ordinary but make sure you are being honest with them. They want to make sure Nestle is genuinely a good fit for you and vise versa!   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

* Online Application - End of April 2014. * Contacted by Nestle recruiter on May 9th, 2014 for initial phone interview, which was setup a few days later on May 12th, 2014. In addition, a candidate profile needs to be filled out before the phone interview. * Received a call and e-mail confirmation on June 19th, 2014 from Nestle Recruiting for face interview on June 25th, 2014. * Interview was split into 3 back-to-back 1 hour Interviews. Each interview is conducted by a team of 2 who will ask you technical, analytical, as well as behavioural questions tag-team style. 1st interview: 2 Directors (Hiring Manager reports to these), 2nd interview - 1 Manager (Hiring Manager), and 3rd interview - 1 Manager and the Head of the Business Unit. Questions were kept fair and each group utilized their 1 hour time slot in its fullest, which did not allow time for me to ask more detailed questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a great idea of yours is held back by company regulations?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where your manager/director says/does something controversial?   Answer Question
    • Explain/define "Weighted Average".   1 Answer
    • How many cabs are currently servicing Manhattan?   Answer Question
    • How many airplanes are currently in the air?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nestlé USA (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Worked via recruiter but final interview was a behavioral interview. In that, they asked you to describe how you would handle situations. It was kind of difficult but if you put yourself in the mindset the person you would like to be, the answers came fairly easy

Interview Questions

• many of the behavior questions required examples, so that was a struggle   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated hard for max salary and got the highest one the recruiter had seen for that position but that mainly was related to an overall salary decrease from my current job