Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

NSDP/Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

The process from start to finish was about 2 months, with two interviews on the university campus followed by a "day in the field" with a current member of the NSDP program/Retail Representative. As far as the interviews go, everyone is quite friendly and isn't trying to trick you with any crazy brain teasers or puzzles like in consulting or tech.

To Outline the process:

1.) Information Session on the company after submitting resume and scheduling interview: at this stage they'll tell you all of the benefits of Nestle and how great it is (most of these people will interview the next day).

2.) First Round Interview: This will be an interview with someone who is still in the NSDP program (first 5 years) and then a Director or someone at that level.

3.) Second Round: This interview will be with a VP of Sales or some other high level person, you'll have more of a chat and any questions will largely be behavioral based.

4.) Interview in LA/Glendale California, they'll fly you out and you'll have a networking event followed by a dinner. The following day you will have a half day of interviews. You'll continuously be meeting with VPs and other high level people at this point and this is all part of the interview process.

Recommendations: Geographical flexibility is paramount for this position and being able to move once every year/2 years. If you aren't geographically flexible you probably will not get the position, within the first 4 years alone you will likely move 3 times. If they ask you whether there is any place you wouldn't want to work, just say that location doesn't matter as that puts them off.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Mostly behavior-based questions with some of the usual background inquiries to round it out. Make sure that you do your homework on the company prior to meeting for your interview.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Held a meet and greet on campus, allowing you to mingle with Nestle employees. Ask questions and get your name known before the interview. The interview process was very straight forward, asked about leadership roles, coursework, and prior work experience.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2014.

I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the screen, I was flown out to do an on-site interview. I did an interview with 4 different pairs of two.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral questions. They do have questions that must be read off of a script so it can make the process seem a bit scripted and formal. Look for opportunities to interject your personality into it whenever possible.   Answer Question
    I was expecting to negotiate, but I didn't have to. They offered more than I was expecting. Nestle has excellent benefits and really seems to value the human they are employing.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Good process. Great people. No surprises. Made to feel welcome. Fairly fast - just a few weeks. Met with 5 people. Various levels of management. Taken to lunch as well. Important for them to see the real person (in a relaxed setting) versus just during a formal interview. Important to have good questions for them that shows you have researched the company or specific business opportunity. Make sure you follow up with a thank you note or email. The people/ relationship skills are highly valued. One of the best interview processes I have ever gone though.

Interview Questions
    • Common question of what is your most important development area.   Answer Question
    Fair negotiation. Very satisfied.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Intense vetting and getting interview process, but once 'in the door' to an in-person, face to face interview...VERY personal, professional and friendly interview process. HR is bar- none. Full benefits offered IMMEDIATELY ....Not after 90 days...Plus use of company truck to obtain Class B License req. by law.

Easy and simple.

Field Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2014.

STAR format questions and behavioral

Procurement Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Called for a phone screen and to set up an interview over the phone. The interviewer was very prompt to call right at the arranged time and the interview lasted the length of time told. I was not contacted back to move further in the process.

Questions were both situational and technical

Interview Questions
    • Given a certain technical situation, like the company wanted to start producing a new ice cream product, how would you go about implementing whether or not to pursue the new addition?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

After applying on line I was contacted for first telephone interview and then after several weeks an in person interview.. Nestlé paid airfare and overnight accommodation.
    Interview ranged with HR, technical team and future manager.

Questions were mostly behavioral based. Some were scripted.
    Each interview was 30-45 min with occasional breaks

Interview Questions
    Salary was OK. Tried initial negotiation with HR but did not budge.. As it was what I was expecting so ok.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Hiring process is a bit long in comparison with other companies. They are more of a traditional company so they want to make sure every box is checked. The interview process was first rounds then the brought a group out for the second round interviews. The second round had three 1-hour interviews back to back. They didn't call to reject but rather sent a mass email

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when...". As with any interview, be prepared to answer why you are interested in Nestle and why they would be a good fit for you. None of the questions were unexpected.   View Answer