Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

I had the pleasure to interview with sales managers at my university's business school sales center. It was a total of three interviews and a ride along. The managers who interviewed me were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions
  • No question was out of the ordinary but make sure you are being honest with them. They want to make sure Nestle is genuinely a good fit for you and vise versa!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé USA

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Is long. I went to through 4 different interviews and when I finally got hire it took forever to start

Interview Questions
    • The interview is like any other interview, they want you to tell them how have you overcome problems in the past and give them examples. ETC.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in November 2012.

Process was pretty smooth. One phone screen, one phone interview and one face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to overcome an obstacle, the process of overcoming it and the results.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate a higher base leveraging the fact I was not going to participate in Nestle funded health care program. They did not change the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in August 2012.

I first seen the job posting on their web site. They were hiring for a part-time Retail Sales Representative, but in actuality it's just a merchandiser job. But that's fine because that's exactly what I was looking for. I applied online and about a week later I got a e-mail asking to call their number for a phone screening. During the phone screening they asked the same questions as I answered on the application (basic info, work history, education). It's as if I was verbally reapplying again. Kind of redundant. After that they asked a couple situation questions, which was typical. Then they scheduled a face-to-face interview with the district sales manager........at a Starbucks! Kind of informal but I didn't complain. What bothered me the most was that they gave me very little information about the interview. They only gave me the address and the time. I didn't know who I was going to see, their name, number or any of that, and when I asked them they didn't know either. I almost didn't go at all but I went anyways. Luckily the person I was going to meet had a Nestle uniform on so I found him easily. The interview went well; he went over the job description and asked a couple more situational questions. About 5 days later, I received a call saying that they want to extend an offer so I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to turn a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to learn a new skill in order to be sucessful.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. He stated the salary and I accepted. Besides, the pay-rate was higher than most competitive companies in this geographical area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nestlé USA in November 2011.

I interviewed with Nestle today and although I am highly intereseted in the position, I have a couple of questions. First, I understand that this is a salaried job and I responsible for building and maintaining relationships with walmart. Also, I am to set up displays and pull nestle product of out backstock room and onto the floors. So, what happens if I do not necessarily build a great relationship with the manager, although I have tried? Is the pay every two weeks? monthly? Also, how does the bonus work? Do you have to meet any criteria to receive bonuses up to $6000? I need some guidance. I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2011.

First contacted by a Nestle recruiter by phone, then followed by the hiring manager phone interview, then a 1:1 interview, followed by a phone conversation with the regional director.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was, What would you do to resolve a conflict if you did not agree with your manager?   View Answer
    No, negotiation.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2010.

I was contacted by a Human Resource Representative for a Phone Screening and was asked to talk about my resume, talk about what I liked about the job, and for the HR Rep to further explain the position to me.

I was then referred to the Hiring Manager who was the Sales Manager for the Region. I spoke to him about my experience as well and we had a discussion about the position.

He sent me on a Ride-A-Long with another Retail Sales Rep. where I watched what that person did and was able to ask questions and become familiar with the company and the position.

Unfortunately I was not chosen for the position. I would suggest that anyone interviewing for this position have a great understanding of the job and be able to clearly demonstrate how you will be the best person for the position. Good Luck!

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA in January 2010.

Pretty fast process. phone interview, one on one interview, ride along, interview with director