Nestlé Waters North America

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America.

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Process was good but the person I spoke to in my interview no longer worked for the after we spoke and it took an extra week or two to hear back.

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé Waters North America

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America.

The first step is a phone interview and if that is successful the next steps which is 2 will be a schedule ride along for a day with a Route Sales Representative to see what a day is like being a RSR 3 and 4 will be to have a face to face interview with the Route Suprevisor and then the Zone Operations Manager. If you succeed you will do a background check and medical check and have a start date following a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult at all really asked many situational and behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Didn't have to negotiate at all because everything was upfront

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in January 2014.

People were nice and very accommodating. You go on a ride along and then an interview with HR and an a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions. "What did you dislike about your previous position?" Nothing that you need to prepare for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in April 2013.

The interview started with a half hour phone interview. I was asked about my driving record and past employment history. Then I was given a run down of the interview process. I was then asked questions that required specific examples. i.e. Explain a situation where this happened, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.

After The phone interview came a group interview with two unit leaders. They asked more of the give a specific answer questions. That was followed immediately by a one on one interview with another unit leader.

The last part of the interview process was a full day ride-along with a current Route Sales Representative.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, it is a set salary. They make you aware of the amount at the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America.

Many interviews starting with a computerized phone interview. If you are selected a simple call back and interview that could be followed by a ride along to determine if you are still interested. Then a few more interviews with various managers so they can compare results.

There is a starting wage pre-determined for an RSR position, so the wage was known from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in June 2012.

Phone interview went normal, it was from California HR. Did a route ride to get a feel for the job. Came backfrom route ride , couldn't do a interview because needed two managers for a interview. One manager left while I was coming in from route ride, so I had to come back later in week. Came in for second interview with two managers a week later. The interview was normal, but went south when I said I was used to working hard. The manager that skipped out when I came back from route ride then informed me that there is no way I could possible work as hard as they do. I am 43 so I am sure as as route driver that I have worked hard before. But the old guy corrected me with the fact that I never worked as hard as rt drivers from Nestlé waters. Interview was over I knew I didnt get the job. Very weird

Interview Questions
    • Everyone says they work hard but do you realize our route drivers work very hard?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in September 2008.

Have to take a ride in truck and pass screening then train for 6 weeks.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in July 2011.

My first response in the interview process was an email from HR. They told me they liked my resume and would like to give me a phone interview. I was asked numerous interview questions. Normal things. EXP. "Name a time you have seen an employee breaking the rules in the work place. How did you handle the situation?" "What are some qualities you believe are necessary to have good customer service skills?" After I passed the phone interview, I was contacted within a week to inform me they were interested in scheduling me for a route ride. The route ride was my first taste of being a route driver. I was at the branch at 6 AM. They tell you to not lift anything, just ride along and observe. Don't listen to this rule. They want you to bust your ass and help the driver. Get out at every stop and carry bottles inside. Talk to customers and show good customer service skills. This will get you to the next step. A few days after the ride along I got call for a 1 on 1 interview with the Unit Leader. This was pretty much the same as the phone interview but with more questions. A few hours later I was offered a job over the phone through HR, pending I passed a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and was able to obtain a class B cdl learners permit before my first day. (You have a much better chance if you already have your cdl, but it's not required.) After accomplishing all of the above, I began my job with NWNA about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset about a problem with NWNA?   View Answer
    • What traits to you believe constitutes being a good employee?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation required. 40k starting out, great benefits, long hours but it was worth it.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in October 2009.

I applied online, then 2 weeks later I was contacted by phone. I had a quick summary of the job position over the phone with a recuiter. I then went in for a ride along to see how I like the job, then an interview with one manager. Then was befriended by the recruiter, told me I was a great candidate and was in good running for the position and kissed my **s. I then went on another interview with two managers and was told I would be telephoned in a week with a decision. I wasn't contacted at all, I had to call 3 times before I got a generic email stating they went in another direction. B.S. then when I asked why, NO RESPONSE.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a difficult situation that you had to deal with at your last job.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé Waters North America in August 2008.

It's very simple, they only hire guys who can work hard. I'm not just talking about long hours. I"m talking about long hours and constant heavy lifting. 2 bottles at a time. Usually, you have to have experience with a similiar job to take a chance on you. they many hire you otherwise if your young and they see you are really strong and willing to get beat up.

Interview Questions
    NOne. They tell you the hourly rate. Raises are few and far between.