NetApp

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at NetApp in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process started out with communications with their corporate recruiter. That interaction initially was good but the follow through was horrible. The Scheduler was awesome and stayed on task and kept me very well informed. I was interviewed by multiple people that were all Director level or above and from a broad swath of the organization. There were Sales, Technical, Operations and Executive involved. Overall the interview process was better than expected and well thought out and engaging.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the current state of Technology and where does NetApp fit in your views?   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NetApp in January 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews. I assume 2 peers and the supervisor. The first peer interview didn't seem too interested in interviewing me. I drove most of the questions. The second was with the supervisor. It was OK, but she was 10 mins late and rushed the interview. The recruiter who brought me in to this position didn't explain the role or expectations adequately, so my initial answers were not in sync with what was wanted. But I figured it out, nevertheless. The third interview was the best and clearest and I felt that I was connecting to that person. Even though this was a director level position, they wanted a technical analyst. So when I spoke about senior roles and accomplishments, that wasn't what was wanted. They wanted to know about techniques.

Interview Questions

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NetApp in August 2011.

Interview Details – 14 interviews over 3 months with future employees rating their future Supervisor

Interview Question – How would I handle a specific situation as a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was very detailed. Lot of interviewers. Fair.

Interview Question – There were really no unexpected questions. The questions were fairly relevant to my experience and capabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short. Not much of a negotiation.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!