NetApp Director Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Extremely urgent interview process that I accommodated despite a busy work schedule. It was a disappointing process overall. The recruiting function was non existent and not candidate focused. Very surprising especially for the valley in this climate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out in particular. Pretty standard kinds of interview questions. I did notice that the team didn't seem very aligned on what they were looking for. Each interviewer had their own style and just asked whatever was top of mind.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process started out with communications with their corporate recruiter. That interaction initially was good but the follow through was horrible. The Scheduler was awesome and stayed on task and kept me very well informed. I was interviewed by multiple people that were all Director level or above and from a broad swath of the organization. There were Sales, Technical, Operations and Executive involved. Overall the interview process was better than expected and well thought out and engaging.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the current state of Technology and where does NetApp fit in your views?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. I assume 2 peers and the supervisor. The first peer interview didn't seem too interested in interviewing me. I drove most of the questions. The second was with the supervisor. It was OK, but she was 10 mins late and rushed the interview. The recruiter who brought me in to this position didn't explain the role or expectations adequately, so my initial answers were not in sync with what was wanted. But I figured it out, nevertheless. The third interview was the best and clearest and I felt that I was connecting to that person. Even though this was a director level position, they wanted a technical analyst. So when I spoke about senior roles and accomplishments, that wasn't what was wanted. They wanted to know about techniques.

Interview Questions

• How would you drill down in to a provess?   Answer Question
    • You've had very senior roles, how will you handle this hands-on position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NetApp in August 2011.

Interview

14 interviews over 3 months with future employees rating their future Supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in January 2010.

Interview

Was very detailed. Lot of interviewers. Fair.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected questions. The questions were fairly relevant to my experience and capabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. Not much of a negotiation.