NetApp

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within the week. The phone interview with the hiring manager was mainly an overview of what the position entailed and a short rundown of some resume questions. I was told I'd receive a notification if I got into the next round within the next 3 days.

The next day, I was emailed again and set up an on-site interview for next week. It consisted of 3 rounds of interviews within the on-site interview. I finally finished after about 3 hours. The 1st interview was with a panel of 3 members on the team. Next, it was the hiring manager, and then another manager.

I was given an offer within 3 days of the last interview.. very fast turnaround time.

Each of these interviews were mainly based on skill set and experience that would be relevant to the position... again, know your resume and bring up projects (even if they weren't on your resume). Be confident, answer all questions with specific details, and KNOW THE COMPANY. There weren't too many situational questions during any of my interviews. Ask good questions!

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you streamlined a process.   Answer Question
No negotiation as this was an internship.

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NetApp in April 2011.

I applied on my colleges job seeking website and got a response the next day. My campus recruiter gave me a 30-minute phone screen. Then, the HR Business Partner gave me another 30 minute phone interview. After that they brought me to the office location for four back-to-back 30-minute interviews with various members of staffing and HR.
    You should be able to answer why you chose the college you go to and any questions invovling the job position you're applying for. Interviewers were extremely laid back and casual.

The main thing about interviewing is to just have 4 or 5 projects/work experiences/school experiences that you are ready to talk about and know how you can relate them to interview questions. Once you have practiced these anecdotes, you can apply them to most interview questions.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because it was for an internship.