NetApp Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too bad, the interviewer was welcoming and really exciting. He pitched me projects that I'd be interested in, and if I was, he asked me questions related to that. They took a long time to get back to me though. I resume dropped at a career fair in January, and didn't hear until April, though I'm assuming I ended up being a replacement for someone else.

Interview Questions

• Know your data structures and networking, and have some enthusiasm for the projects. They're really upfront on whether you'd be a good fit or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a significantly less hourly pay because I was a college freshman, but was able to negotiate up a little.

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally came in contact through a recruiter at a career fair. Initially, a phone screen reviewing my resume and providing some details about the project. Then, three onsite interviews spanning two hours with three different members of the team. Questions were mostly situational and gauging problem-solving and key software engineering concepts. The offer came a few days after the onsite interviews. Everyone involved was kind and clearly excited about the project and team.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of model-view-controller and how you might apply it to a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Nothing technical, super friendly. They aren't expecting you to know everything as an intern. I felt like it was more of a "get to know more about the company" rather than an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by two people, one from University recruiting and another through a current employee contact. I ended up getting one 20 minute phone interview with the director of the internship program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was smooth. Was tested on OS and networking concepts. Had two rounds. Initial was a phone screen and next was a talk with the manager. Went on for an hours and yes, was offered internship after 2 weeks. I had applied online and got a call in 2 weeks period. The application was made to a general pool and team specific manager called me and spoke to him

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. The interviewer was very kind, and asked some basic data structure questions, which are very simple. Then I got the phone interview with some concurrency and operating system questions, and discussed about my resume. Because I didn't know answer one of the question, I failed the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Got an email from hiring manager and an Interview was scheduled. A 30 minute interview was taken by three team members. After the interview didn't hear back from any of them not even a reject!

Interview Questions

• General questions about myself, projects, area of interest and she asked whether I had experience working with any hyperviser.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Had a phone interview first where I was asked about my projects and my experience was matched with job requirements. Then had a technical interview and then an HR interview thereafter.

Interview Questions

• I was given a web page source which was running but had to find mistakes in it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. They give the best offer they can at first hand.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

onsite! the interviewers are all really kind. Mainly using C++, because it's what their software engineers used. Two technical interview + manager's behavioral interview + 2 technical interview. It's a long and tiring process. They provided pizza and some soft drink for lunch. Sadly, I didn't make it :(. Questions contain some programing problems and some concepts of handling concurrency!

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

They contact you over phone for a moderate screening. I was a former employee at NetApp and i was applying for a graduate intern position. I have been interviewed both at RTP and Sunnyvale campus for two different teams. The culture is the hiring manager tries to get as many engineers from his team or occasionally other closely working teams to interview you. There were 6 interviews for me: 1. Analytical and basic programming 2. Scripting like perl/python 3. Data storage knowledge is add-on. iSCSI, flash, storage stack, disk drivers 4. File System and OS knowledge is required.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you general stuffs too. Like puzzles. And being a former employee, i have seen that asking puzzles or brain storming programming questions can be fairly expected. But the interviewers are lenient on your performance, they don't grill u or judge your IQ.   Answer Question

I got another offer from Vmware