NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

3.1

Member of Technical Staff QA Interview

Applied through campus recruitment procedure.
    Aptitude test to select 16 students from a lot of around 400 students.
    3 technical rounds and one HR interview. One technical round to test on development knowledge. Second round to test the testing skills and last round on computer networks basics.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Was contacted by High Tech Connect, a firm in Pleasanton, CA who was looking to fill a contract position at NetApp on the Global Services marketing team. Offered a full-time position after a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and one future colleague on the team.

Offer was made by a third party recruiter

MTS3 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

Had a 4 hour interview session with 6 people on the panel (one after the other). Questions were specific to my current job and some fundamentals FC protocol related questions. Fabric switch login process. Some Perl questions like sorting arrays. Regular expressions. Raid6 parity calculation. Some troubleshooting questions - like when target device is not seen by initiator, how to go about troubleshooting. Where are logs in Mac, Linux.

Hiring manager asked some personality questions. There is no right answer. How would you deal with strong-headed people? What if there are disagreements within the team? What are you expecting from the job? etc.

Interview Questions
    • What if there are disagreements within the team and you strongly feel you are right :)   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp in August 2014.

Initially spoke with recruiter on the phone for 5 minutes. Asked two questions, Salary expectation + Times available to work. Setup interview with internal engineers for two days later. Spoke with engineers on the phone for 20 minutes. Nothing technical, they just asked general questions. This was Friday and in-person interview was setup for Tuesday morning @ 8:00 am. First met with Sr. Escalation Engineers. I was asked some general troubleshooting questions. The questions were like something out of a test. Then was asked some troubleshooting questions. Interview was all across the board with no real structure. Afterwards, met with two managers. This part was more structured. They were more interested in customer service and to see if I would be a good fit. It was a bit impersonal because they were taking notes on their laptops. They said they would get back with by the end of the week but haven't heard back two weeks later. Recruiter has been responsive but I have gotten no good feedback just yet.

Interview Questions
    • For kerberos authentication, what are the two services that it relies on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Had a phone interview first where I was asked about my projects and my experience was matched with job requirements. Then had a technical interview and then an HR interview thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a web page source which was running but had to find mistakes in it.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate. They give the best offer they can at first hand.

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview was coordinated through Zerochaos. Interview questions were about what I would contribute but also what would my expectations be for working for NetApp. Interviewers were very quick to say SDR job was very little pay for a lot of work with no guarantee of moving into a permanent position. Ideally jobs would be available after 14 months.

Interview Questions

Benefits and no guarantee of long term viability forced us to decline the offer.

Software Engineer for New Grad Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

First it was a phone screen with HR and then the hr scheduled two tech phone interviews. after that, there were four following phone interviews. I don't know why there are so many phone interviews. All of the interviews are ordinary ones, just ask some tech and behavioral questions.

Member Technical Staff, Software III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp.

It was normal interview. Nothing unusual. It was not the position for working on Netapp storage technology. So the process was different. This was for their Front end technology and server development group.

Interview Questions
    • All java - questions. Linkedlist, graphics, algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in June 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter who did the initial phone interview who then contacted me a couple of days later to set up a phone interview with the team supervisor. The following week, I was asked on-site for face-to-face interview(s) with four different team members. Not a panel interview, thank god, but rather one at a time (and one via phone conference). The whole onsite interview process took about 2 hours.
    I felt the interviews went well but was still surprised when the recruiter offer came as I was driving home.
    Started 1st day of work within 2 weeks of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were asked - mostly just going over my resume more in detail. The manager asked more behavior questions such as explaining how & what process I use for time/project management.   Answer Question
    As a contractor, the offer was set with the recruiter prior to interviewing. I did however set the expectations for a flexible work environment and came to an agreement with the team supervisor & manager.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NetApp in June 2014.

I got contacted by the company recruiter. After couple of communication emails got interview set up. It was half a day interview with 3 people, director/manager/analyst. 45 mins each.

Good offer