NetApp Interview Questions

3.1

Member of Technical Staff IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in April 2010.

I was referred for this job, so the interviewing process happened quite fast.
    Initial telephonic screen where I was asked some system questions - virtual memory, CPU affinity etc., followed by on-site interviews.
    There were 5-6 technical interviews followed by HR followup.
    Questions included items on my past experience, virtualization technologies etc.
    Had to do basic DB design, some quirky C++ knowledge questions, how to detect glitches in network communication etc. and the manager asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    Was able to get higher sign-on bonus. Did not negotiate on base, since they gave me a good raise over my previous job where I was being underpaid.

MTS3 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetApp.

Had a 4 hour interview session with 6 people on the panel (one after the other). Questions were specific to my current job and some fundamentals FC protocol related questions. Fabric switch login process. Some Perl questions like sorting arrays. Regular expressions. Raid6 parity calculation. Some troubleshooting questions - like when target device is not seen by initiator, how to go about troubleshooting. Where are logs in Mac, Linux.

Hiring manager asked some personality questions. There is no right answer. How would you deal with strong-headed people? What if there are disagreements within the team? What are you expecting from the job? etc.

Interview Questions
    • What if there are disagreements within the team and you strongly feel you are right :)   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NetApp in August 2014.

Initially spoke with recruiter on the phone for 5 minutes. Asked two questions, Salary expectation + Times available to work. Setup interview with internal engineers for two days later. Spoke with engineers on the phone for 20 minutes. Nothing technical, they just asked general questions. This was Friday and in-person interview was setup for Tuesday morning @ 8:00 am. First met with Sr. Escalation Engineers. I was asked some general troubleshooting questions. The questions were like something out of a test. Then was asked some troubleshooting questions. Interview was all across the board with no real structure. Afterwards, met with two managers. This part was more structured. They were more interested in customer service and to see if I would be a good fit. It was a bit impersonal because they were taking notes on their laptops. They said they would get back with by the end of the week but haven't heard back two weeks later. Recruiter has been responsive but I have gotten no good feedback just yet.

Interview Questions
    • For kerberos authentication, what are the two services that it relies on.   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff, Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NetApp in April 2012.

Usually 5 interviews, 2 behavioral by your manager and 3 technical rounds. Won't be too difficult. The 3 technical rounds will have questions that will overlap. Learn about the STAR approach.

Interview Questions
    • brush up your knowledge on Linked lists, data structures etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated but did not work out.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NetApp in November 2013.

onsite!

the interviewers are all really kind. Mainly using C++, because it's what their software engineers used. Two technical interview + manager's behavioral interview + 2 technical interview. It's a long and tiring process. They provided pizza and some soft drink for lunch. Sadly, I didn't make it :(.

Questions contain some programing problems and some concepts of handling concurrency!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NetApp in June 2014.

I got contacted by the company recruiter. After couple of communication emails got interview set up. It was half a day interview with 3 people, director/manager/analyst. 45 mins each.

Good offer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in June 2011.

No classical unexpected or strange question during the interview. Just relaxed experience talking about my previous jobs. Had to go through several steps: 2 conference calls, 2 interviews locally, 1 fina brief call before the job offer. About three weeks time, so relatively quick. No feedback on intermediate steps. Overall, good experience and met only serious, focused people.

Interview Questions
    • No classical unexpected or strange question during the interview. Just relaxed experience talking about my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at NetApp in April 2014.

Interview process started out with communications with their corporate recruiter. That interaction initially was good but the follow through was horrible. The Scheduler was awesome and stayed on task and kept me very well informed. I was interviewed by multiple people that were all Director level or above and from a broad swath of the organization. There were Sales, Technical, Operations and Executive involved. Overall the interview process was better than expected and well thought out and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the current state of Technology and where does NetApp fit in your views?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff EPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in March 2011.

Recruiter conducted phone screen with basic computer science questions. This was followed by a Sr Member Tech Staff doing a 1 hour telephone screen. Involved programming questions and description of past experience. Then a 4 hour on-site interview with 8 people of various levels. Was asked many programming questions, algortihms, live gdb debugging questions, and operating systems based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a gdb dump, explain the data structures in the hex dump, walk thru the data structures and explain what contents could be.   View Answer
    Salary was negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetApp.

Had a phone interview first where I was asked about my projects and my experience was matched with job requirements. Then had a technical interview and then an HR interview thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a web page source which was running but had to find mistakes in it.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate. They give the best offer they can at first hand.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!