NetApp

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Smooth, professional, On time, respectful, high level conversation, not that much info about the background of the interviewer, company main products and solutions and something that warms up the conversation and break the ice.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the statistical analysis. Very little information shared during the interview about the goal of the position and what specific business issues this role is supposed to work on and gives solutions. Not a good wrapping up at the end by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Contacted via email by a gentleman who saw my resume posted online. Conducted an initial phone interview with a screener/recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Second interview was with the hiring manager for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • First interviewer

1) Tell me about yourself from past to now
      2) Describe your role/duties with your current employer
      3) Where do you see yourself in 3 and 5 years

View Answer
    • Second Interviewer:

1) Asked what I knew about the position I was interviewing for.
      2) Wanted to know how I step outside of my comfort zone
      3) Describe my typical day and who I sell to... (he was unclear on my. I current job)
      4) Walk me through a typical sale when faced with a business client
      5) Very focused on my cold calling ability

View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

Phone screen with recruiter. Phone screen with hiring manager. Onsite interview with team members, VP and HR. Be prepared to talk about accomplishments, mistakes and how you would add value to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever make mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in November 2014.

On the day that all in-person interviews were completed (a Monday), I asked the hiring manager when he planned to make a final decision. He told me that all candidate interviews were complete and a decision would be made by the following Friday (4 days away). Friday came and went with no word from anyone at NetApp. I followed up with the recruiter the following week. I was told that the hiring manager was out of town, but he was interested. For the following four weeks, neither the recruiter nor the hiring manager reached out to me one single time. Each time I sent a follow up note I heard that the hiring manager was still interested BUT, wrapping up additional interviews, vetting candidates, etc.

My complaint is not that I didn't get the job. In fact, by the time 5 weeks had passed and I still had no word from NetApp, I wasn't sure that I would even want to work for someone with such poor follow up. My complaint is that I was mislead from day one. A simple courtesy call from either the recruiter or the hiring manager to let me know the change in status.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult and I received no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in October 2014.

After recruiters collected resumes on campus, I had a 10 minute screening call and invitation to attend the NetApp Super Day. In the Super Day you are interviewing for 2 different positions. You do not get to pick which positions you interview for; they are assigned by the Finance recruitment manager based on resume fit. There are 3 interviews in the morning and 3 interviews in the afternoon. The interviews were 30 minutes each so you barely had time to "walk through" the resume and then answer a few behavioral questions. If you are articulate, have good work experiences and ask great questions at the end of the interview, then the job is yours. NetApp has a friendly culture and the interview experience is not intended to be stressful. They want to get to know you and discover why they need to hire you over other applicants. They provide great interview questions that create an opportunity for you to share what makes you special.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?
      What was a difficult decision you had to make?
      Tell me a time when you worked in a team?

Answer Question

I accepted an offer at another tech company with better benefits

Customer Listening Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NetApp in October 2014.

The process took about 3 weeks from first interview to offer. Had a 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter, she was very nice. Asked me technical and analytics questions from a list. Most questions were based on the the teams needs. Afterwards I interviewed with the hiring manager for 30 minutes. This time it was mostly behavioral questions, trying to get a sense of how I work and if I was a culture fit. Next I was invited onsite and was interviewed by 3 team members for 45 minutes each all behavioral questions and questions about how my experience fits with their requirements. After the interviews I was asked to watch a talk then prepare and present a presentation all in about 30 minutes, this was to rate my communication and presentation skills. Finally I was called onsite again another day for a last interview with 2 more senior team members. This was more like a chat and not a structured interview.

Interview Questions
    • statistical technique to analyze difference between 2 means and more than 2 means.
      What is a t-test
      How to conduct a focus group, survey etc
      Basic customer data analysis questions

Answer Question
    • Explain changes in customer rating feedback   Answer Question
    • Why customer listening?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my base.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in October 2014.

Netapp had this interview day planned. Lot of candidates from other universities. The event did not involve a pre screening through a telephonic interview. They shortlisted the resume through the career fair at the university.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Like why netapp? explain your strengths and weaknesses, explain your most challenging projects, They also tested our troubleshooting skills through a network problem.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff QA Interview

Applied through campus recruitment procedure.
    Aptitude test to select 16 students from a lot of around 400 students.
    3 technical rounds and one HR interview. One technical round to test on development knowledge. Second round to test the testing skills and last round on computer networks basics.

Interview Questions
    • What are the possible test cases for an ink pen.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Was contacted by High Tech Connect, a firm in Pleasanton, CA who was looking to fill a contract position at NetApp on the Global Services marketing team. Offered a full-time position after a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and one future colleague on the team.

Offer was made by a third party recruiter

MTS3 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

Had a 4 hour interview session with 6 people on the panel (one after the other). Questions were specific to my current job and some fundamentals FC protocol related questions. Fabric switch login process. Some Perl questions like sorting arrays. Regular expressions. Raid6 parity calculation. Some troubleshooting questions - like when target device is not seen by initiator, how to go about troubleshooting. Where are logs in Mac, Linux.

Hiring manager asked some personality questions. There is no right answer. How would you deal with strong-headed people? What if there are disagreements within the team? What are you expecting from the job? etc.

Interview Questions
    • What if there are disagreements within the team and you strongly feel you are right :)   Answer Question