NetApp Interview Questions & Reviews

293 interviews

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at NetApp in June 2014.

I got contacted by the company recruiter. After couple of communication emails got interview set up. It was half a day interview with 3 people, director/manager/analyst. 45 mins each.

Good offer

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in June 2011.

No classical unexpected or strange question during the interview. Just relaxed experience talking about my previous jobs. Had to go through several steps: 2 conference calls, 2 interviews locally, 1 fina brief call before the job offer. About three weeks time, so relatively quick. No feedback on intermediate steps. Overall, good experience and met only serious, focused people.

Interview Questions
    • No classical unexpected or strange question during the interview. Just relaxed experience talking about my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at NetApp in April 2014.

Interview process started out with communications with their corporate recruiter. That interaction initially was good but the follow through was horrible. The Scheduler was awesome and stayed on task and kept me very well informed. I was interviewed by multiple people that were all Director level or above and from a broad swath of the organization. There were Sales, Technical, Operations and Executive involved. Overall the interview process was better than expected and well thought out and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the current state of Technology and where does NetApp fit in your views?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff EPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp in March 2011.

Recruiter conducted phone screen with basic computer science questions. This was followed by a Sr Member Tech Staff doing a 1 hour telephone screen. Involved programming questions and description of past experience. Then a 4 hour on-site interview with 8 people of various levels. Was asked many programming questions, algortihms, live gdb debugging questions, and operating systems based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a gdb dump, explain the data structures in the hex dump, walk thru the data structures and explain what contents could be.   View Answer
    Salary was negotiable.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetApp.

Had a phone interview first where I was asked about my projects and my experience was matched with job requirements. Then had a technical interview and then an HR interview thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a web page source which was running but had to find mistakes in it.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate. They give the best offer they can at first hand.

Sales Development Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NetApp.

Interview was coordinated through Zerochaos. Interview questions were about what I would contribute but also what would my expectations be for working for NetApp. Interviewers were very quick to say SDR job was very little pay for a lot of work with no guarantee of moving into a permanent position. Ideally jobs would be available after 14 months.

Interview Questions

Benefits and no guarantee of long term viability forced us to decline the offer.

Software Engineer for New Grad Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NetApp.

First it was a phone screen with HR and then the hr scheduled two tech phone interviews. after that, there were four following phone interviews. I don't know why there are so many phone interviews. All of the interviews are ordinary ones, just ask some tech and behavioral questions.

Senior Graphic Designer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NetApp in June 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter who did the initial phone interview who then contacted me a couple of days later to set up a phone interview with the team supervisor. The following week, I was asked on-site for face-to-face interview(s) with four different team members. Not a panel interview, thank god, but rather one at a time (and one via phone conference). The whole onsite interview process took about 2 hours.
    I felt the interviews went well but was still surprised when the recruiter offer came as I was driving home.
    Started 1st day of work within 2 weeks of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were asked - mostly just going over my resume more in detail. The manager asked more behavior questions such as explaining how & what process I use for time/project management.   Answer Question
    As a contractor, the offer was set with the recruiter prior to interviewing. I did however set the expectations for a flexible work environment and came to an agreement with the team supervisor & manager.

Member Technical Staff, Software III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NetApp.

It was normal interview. Nothing unusual. It was not the position for working on Netapp storage technology. So the process was different. This was for their Front end technology and server development group.

Interview Questions
    • All java - questions. Linkedlist, graphics, algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NetApp in July 2010.

Very long. You will interview 4-6 people to get a job. They ask the typical questions. Make sure you are enthusiastic on Netapp. Smile alot and make good eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask storage strategy questions, so be prepared for these.   Answer Question
    No. They have a take it or leave it mentality. If you want to negotiate, make sure you have another offer in hand, or are ok with staying where you are.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!