NetApp

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

3.1

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp.

Phone call followed by onsite. Nothing interesting. They asked questions that are not related to the job position.
    Its easy to get a job here, no surprises.

In a stream of integers from 1 to n, only one number will be repeated. How can you tell what that number is?

pay sucks

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at NetApp.

Nothing technical, super friendly. They aren't expecting you to know everything as an intern. I felt like it was more of a "get to know more about the company" rather than an interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

On campus interview. The interviewer was very kind, and asked some basic data structure questions, which are very simple. Then I got the phone interview with some concurrency and operating system questions, and discussed about my resume. Because I didn't know answer one of the question, I failed the phone interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position.
    Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

I had a terrible experience with NetApp. I had 4 45 minute phone interviews followed by a 3.5 hour onsite. After waiting to hear back, I was requested to come back onsite for another 5.5 hour interview. (For the second onsite, I was told that there wouldn't be a break for lunch or any time to eat). I was told that I'd hear back within 2 weeks. After a month passed, I finally heard back via email that I wasn't selected and that they went with another candidate. When I thanked them for the opportunity and asked for feedback, I heard nothing. While the technical people there seem like hard working, fun people to be around, I found the other managers to be arrogant.

Interview Questions
    • If the laws of physics were suspended and I was placed in a blender with 5 minutes to escape before it was turned on, what would I do.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NetApp.

It's terrible and unfair practice. Gone through one telephone interview is fine. There are 4-5 people on site interview. Most of them are young graduates.One old person also ask the same logic issue. I don't know how much do they know about storage area networking technology.

Interview Questions
    • They use unpractical algorithm to test the candidate. This algorithm test a ridiculous single link list which point back to certain node. You have to do it the way they expect can not add any field inside the structure. If you don't give answer the way they want, they said "It's very basic problem." A bunch humiliation toward candidate even I am humble to face them. This is very unprofessional. I don't know how U.S. will ready this group of H1 to be U.S. citizens.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

4 weeks. phone interview followed by in-person interview. One more phone interview to take final decision. phone and in-person interview were all behavioral. Questions from resume and they try to find how much are you a people person.

Interview Questions
    • What all do you know about vmware blade and esx server   Answer Question

Support Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Initially, there's a 2-part interview with a multi-person panel, consisting of a technical session (lasting 1/2 hr) & an account management session (also lasting a 1/2 hr).
    The follow-up interviews were with the hiring manager, then program manager, and then the district sales manager. I was asked to white-board an example, as well as illustrate the OSI model.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important-- influence or authority?   View Answer
    salary & start date

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Smooth, professional, On time, respectful, high level conversation, not that much info about the background of the interviewer, company main products and solutions and something that warms up the conversation and break the ice.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the statistical analysis. Very little information shared during the interview about the goal of the position and what specific business issues this role is supposed to work on and gives solutions. Not a good wrapping up at the end by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in December 2014.

One email from a recruiter to set up a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager rescheduled last minute to the next day. She was late to the call. Completely distracted. Not friendly. Not engaging.