NetApp

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.1

Software Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

I had a terrible experience with NetApp. I had 4 45 minute phone interviews followed by a 3.5 hour onsite. After waiting to hear back, I was requested to come back onsite for another 5.5 hour interview. (For the second onsite, I was told that there wouldn't be a break for lunch or any time to eat). I was told that I'd hear back within 2 weeks. After a month passed, I finally heard back via email that I wasn't selected and that they went with another candidate. When I thanked them for the opportunity and asked for feedback, I heard nothing. While the technical people there seem like hard working, fun people to be around, I found the other managers to be arrogant.

Interview Questions
    • If the laws of physics were suspended and I was placed in a blender with 5 minutes to escape before it was turned on, what would I do.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NetApp.

It's terrible and unfair practice. Gone through one telephone interview is fine. There are 4-5 people on site interview. Most of them are young graduates.One old person also ask the same logic issue. I don't know how much do they know about storage area networking technology.

Interview Questions
    • They use unpractical algorithm to test the candidate. This algorithm test a ridiculous single link list which point back to certain node. You have to do it the way they expect can not add any field inside the structure. If you don't give answer the way they want, they said "It's very basic problem." A bunch humiliation toward candidate even I am humble to face them. This is very unprofessional. I don't know how U.S. will ready this group of H1 to be U.S. citizens.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

4 weeks. phone interview followed by in-person interview. One more phone interview to take final decision. phone and in-person interview were all behavioral. Questions from resume and they try to find how much are you a people person.

Interview Questions
    • What all do you know about vmware blade and esx server   Answer Question

Support Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Initially, there's a 2-part interview with a multi-person panel, consisting of a technical session (lasting 1/2 hr) & an account management session (also lasting a 1/2 hr).
    The follow-up interviews were with the hiring manager, then program manager, and then the district sales manager. I was asked to white-board an example, as well as illustrate the OSI model.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important-- influence or authority?   View Answer
    salary & start date

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Smooth, professional, On time, respectful, high level conversation, not that much info about the background of the interviewer, company main products and solutions and something that warms up the conversation and break the ice.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the statistical analysis. Very little information shared during the interview about the goal of the position and what specific business issues this role is supposed to work on and gives solutions. Not a good wrapping up at the end by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in December 2014.

One email from a recruiter to set up a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager rescheduled last minute to the next day. She was late to the call. Completely distracted. Not friendly. Not engaging.

Process Innovation Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in December 2014.

The recruiter found my resume on indeed.com and then interviewed me. Counting the recruiter I had three phone interviews, and one three hour in-person interview with 5 people. I didn't make the second round, but they were brining in the top two for the final round. Process took three months.

Interview Questions
    • The interview involved questions about how to address different situations or problems and how my past experience tied in with the role, and work-style. The most challenging part was the role was improving processes in finance and I had not specifically worked in FP&A.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Contacted via email by a gentleman who saw my resume posted online. Conducted an initial phone interview with a screener/recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Second interview was with the hiring manager for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • First interviewer

1) Tell me about yourself from past to now
      2) Describe your role/duties with your current employer
      3) Where do you see yourself in 3 and 5 years

View Answer
    • Second Interviewer:

1) Asked what I knew about the position I was interviewing for.
      2) Wanted to know how I step outside of my comfort zone
      3) Describe my typical day and who I sell to... (he was unclear on my. I current job)
      4) Walk me through a typical sale when faced with a business client
      5) Very focused on my cold calling ability

View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

Phone screen with recruiter. Phone screen with hiring manager. Onsite interview with team members, VP and HR. Be prepared to talk about accomplishments, mistakes and how you would add value to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever make mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in November 2014.

On the day that all in-person interviews were completed (a Monday), I asked the hiring manager when he planned to make a final decision. He told me that all candidate interviews were complete and a decision would be made by the following Friday (4 days away). Friday came and went with no word from anyone at NetApp. I followed up with the recruiter the following week. I was told that the hiring manager was out of town, but he was interested. For the following four weeks, neither the recruiter nor the hiring manager reached out to me one single time. Each time I sent a follow up note I heard that the hiring manager was still interested BUT, wrapping up additional interviews, vetting candidates, etc.

My complaint is not that I didn't get the job. In fact, by the time 5 weeks had passed and I still had no word from NetApp, I wasn't sure that I would even want to work for someone with such poor follow up. My complaint is that I was mislead from day one. A simple courtesy call from either the recruiter or the hiring manager to let me know the change in status.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult and I received no unexpected questions.   Answer Question