NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Many interviewers from several times were involved. Seems like all teams had to agree rather than let hiring manager be empowered to decide. Very nice motivated people but not sure why so many need to interview.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Interviewed with staff from several different time zones and locations. It took a while because lots of different groups had to weigh in on the decision. Overall very friendly people that took time out to be involved in selecting the correct fit for the role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Twice received an email gauging my interest for different positions and twice received no feedback on whether they would like to move forward. This may be an isolated incident as it was from the same HR manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

NetApp put me through a series of 9 phone interviews.

All the calls went well. They were basic interviews - nothing fancy, weird, or unexpected. At the end of each call, every interviewer said they would give me a positive recommendation to the hiring manager.

After the last phone interview, it was radio silence for weeks.

I pinged the recruiter multiple times, and was repeatedly told that 'things are looking good for you' and that I was 'still in play' for the position.

After more than a month and a half had passed, I contacted the recruiter again.

He told me that the job opening had been 'put on hold.' That was the last I heard from them.

Pretty frustrating... but I guess I got a lot of phone interview practice out of it!

Program Manager Interview

Interview

One phone screen, multiple rounds of in person interview onsite. I found the process to be moderately easy and the people they chose were very knowledgeable. I was hired as an intern and then brought on full time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Technical interview with the VP. It was a 40 + minute interview and mostly technical.. Started with an overview of the job description and responsibilities and the questions on my background and relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my projects and experience, questions about what trends I see in technology   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate at this point.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too bad, the interviewer was welcoming and really exciting. He pitched me projects that I'd be interested in, and if I was, he asked me questions related to that. They took a long time to get back to me though. I resume dropped at a career fair in January, and didn't hear until April, though I'm assuming I ended up being a replacement for someone else.

Interview Questions

• Know your data structures and networking, and have some enthusiasm for the projects. They're really upfront on whether you'd be a good fit or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a significantly less hourly pay because I was a college freshman, but was able to negotiate up a little.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. He mainly asked questions about my resume and experience. He also asked about my study abroad experience. Then I was invited to an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. When I came for my onsite interview, I was met in the lobby by my first interviewer and taken to the interview room. The room had a couple whiteboards and I was encouraged to use them during the interview. I interviewed with 3 people on the team that I would be working with. The first person I interviewed with was a manager and the other 2 were Engineers. The interviews were very behavioral and I was encouraged to ask questions. They asked me questions for the first half and I asked them questions for the second half. It was a very enjoyable and relaxed interview. I learned a lot about the team I would be working with, the company culture, and the job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on a team to build a piece of software?
      Tell me about a time that you had to learn a programming language that you didn't know (without professional instruction)? How did you go about learning the language? What resources did you use?
      Tell me how you would write a function/method that would take a subnet mask as a parameter and return the number of hosts the subnet could support if 2 of the IP addresses were reserved?

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 Technical Phone round(30 mins)
    6 Onsite Rounds(1 Hr Each)

Onsite Rounds:

3 - Core Technical
    2- Semi Technical plus Analytical
    1- Behavioral

Process:

1. Got a mail from HR to schedule the Telephone round
    2. 30 mins of Phone Interview as scheduled
    3. Got an Invite from HR for Onsite rounds. They were very understanding and scheduled tow day interview process for 3 hrs each
    4. Each day 3 Onsite rounds as listed above
    5. Within a week HR returned with a Decision

The process is very friendly and prompt. I could not get the offer but had a very good experience. Hope this is helpful

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions
      Experience Related Questions
      Linked List, Probability related questions

1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the phone interview. On the phone interview I spoke with 3 of my future team mates. Then I was called in for an onsite interview that last 3-4 hours, most of which was technical. We went over a coding problem they sent over before I came in.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for one thing, and they gave me about 10k more than I asked. If it isn't what you are looking for definitely try to negotiate.