NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.1

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter. The process happened pretty fast. Had a phone screen with the hiring director. Did not continue as I felt the position requirement does not much match very well.

Engineering Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

It was a internal upward move. I had started with Ntap as IT support & had remained in that role for about 4.5years. When the job of engineering Lab Mgr opened I applied for it. Talked with the VP of engineering & her 2d, they both talked to my current mgr. I was a good fit and allowed to move over.

Interview Questions

• When can you move into the role?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

one phone screen with the Director of Staffing and then 4 people on the panel, two recruiters, one sourcer and the VP, it was a fairly easy interview, they did not ask me any tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightword - related to the req load you carry, how do you make offers in a competitive market space etc.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

This position was a contract position. Had to work with Contracting agency on securing the position. Then I had a phone screen with hiring manager, then face to face with team. Worked with Contracting agency on working out the details and then signed paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase for me. I knew what the pay rate was before I interviewed.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Many interviewers from several times were involved. Seems like all teams had to agree rather than let hiring manager be empowered to decide. Very nice motivated people but not sure why so many need to interview.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Interviewed with staff from several different time zones and locations. It took a while because lots of different groups had to weigh in on the decision. Overall very friendly people that took time out to be involved in selecting the correct fit for the role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Twice received an email gauging my interest for different positions and twice received no feedback on whether they would like to move forward. This may be an isolated incident as it was from the same HR manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

NetApp put me through a series of 9 phone interviews. All the calls went well. They were basic interviews - nothing fancy, weird, or unexpected. At the end of each call, every interviewer said they would give me a positive recommendation to the hiring manager. After the last phone interview, it was radio silence for weeks. I pinged the recruiter multiple times, and was repeatedly told that 'things are looking good for you' and that I was 'still in play' for the position. After more than a month and a half had passed, I contacted the recruiter again. He told me that the job opening had been 'put on hold.' That was the last I heard from them. Pretty frustrating... but I guess I got a lot of phone interview practice out of it!

Program Manager Interview

Interview

One phone screen, multiple rounds of in person interview onsite. I found the process to be moderately easy and the people they chose were very knowledgeable. I was hired as an intern and then brought on full time.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume; was called a few days later. Recruiter said hiring manager wanted to meet in person. Went in and meet w/hiring manager and another member of the team. The reason I am giving a negative experience because no one ever followed up with me. I emailed the recruiter to ask about the hiring process; she replied they were still in the early stages. Disappointed that I came in and they didn't contact me to say the position has been filled.

Interview Questions

• Describe my current job role.   1 Answer