NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp.

I interviewed with about six or seven people, and many of them didn't seem to be enjoying their job. One of them who really didn't seem at all excited about his job even told me to apply to this other company because it would be a better way to start my career. Overall, most of the people were friendly, but didn't give me the impression to want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you made a mistake, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in March 2015.

Originally came in contact through a recruiter at a career fair. Initially, a phone screen reviewing my resume and providing some details about the project. Then, three onsite interviews spanning two hours with three different members of the team. Questions were mostly situational and gauging problem-solving and key software engineering concepts. The offer came a few days after the onsite interviews. Everyone involved was kind and clearly excited about the project and team.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the concept of model-view-controller and how you might apply it to a project.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp.

Phone call followed by onsite. Nothing interesting. They asked questions that are not related to the job position.
    Its easy to get a job here, no surprises.

In a stream of integers from 1 to n, only one number will be repeated. How can you tell what that number is?

pay sucks

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at NetApp.

Nothing technical, super friendly. They aren't expecting you to know everything as an intern. I felt like it was more of a "get to know more about the company" rather than an interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

I was contacted by two people, one from University recruiting and another through a current employee contact. I ended up getting one 20 minute phone interview with the director of the internship program.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

This was a new grad role. I managed to talk to the University recruiting folks at the college career fair, and pass my resume. I got an email a couple of weeks later for a schedule for phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later they called me onsite and conducted interviews with the team. I got a call after 2 weeks that they were interested to give me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic behavioral interviews. They want to know if the candidate is a good fit for NetApp's work culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

On campus interview. The interviewer was very kind, and asked some basic data structure questions, which are very simple. Then I got the phone interview with some concurrency and operating system questions, and discussed about my resume. Because I didn't know answer one of the question, I failed the phone interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position.
    Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

I had a terrible experience with NetApp. I had 4 45 minute phone interviews followed by a 3.5 hour onsite. After waiting to hear back, I was requested to come back onsite for another 5.5 hour interview. (For the second onsite, I was told that there wouldn't be a break for lunch or any time to eat). I was told that I'd hear back within 2 weeks. After a month passed, I finally heard back via email that I wasn't selected and that they went with another candidate. When I thanked them for the opportunity and asked for feedback, I heard nothing. While the technical people there seem like hard working, fun people to be around, I found the other managers to be arrogant.

Interview Questions
    • If the laws of physics were suspended and I was placed in a blender with 5 minutes to escape before it was turned on, what would I do.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NetApp.

It's terrible and unfair practice. Gone through one telephone interview is fine. There are 4-5 people on site interview. Most of them are young graduates.One old person also ask the same logic issue. I don't know how much do they know about storage area networking technology.

Interview Questions
    • They use unpractical algorithm to test the candidate. This algorithm test a ridiculous single link list which point back to certain node. You have to do it the way they expect can not add any field inside the structure. If you don't give answer the way they want, they said "It's very basic problem." A bunch humiliation toward candidate even I am humble to face them. This is very unprofessional. I don't know how U.S. will ready this group of H1 to be U.S. citizens.   Answer Question