NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 Technical Phone round(30 mins) 6 Onsite Rounds(1 Hr Each) Onsite Rounds: 3 - Core Technical 2- Semi Technical plus Analytical 1- Behavioral Process: 1. Got a mail from HR to schedule the Telephone round 2. 30 mins of Phone Interview as scheduled 3. Got an Invite from HR for Onsite rounds. They were very understanding and scheduled tow day interview process for 3 hrs each 4. Each day 3 Onsite rounds as listed above 5. Within a week HR returned with a Decision The process is very friendly and prompt. I could not get the offer but had a very good experience. Hope this is helpful

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions Experience Related Questions Linked List, Probability related questions   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with about six or seven people, and many of them didn't seem to be enjoying their job. One of them who really didn't seem at all excited about his job even told me to apply to this other company because it would be a better way to start my career. Overall, most of the people were friendly, but didn't give me the impression to want to work there.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally came in contact through a recruiter at a career fair. Initially, a phone screen reviewing my resume and providing some details about the project. Then, three onsite interviews spanning two hours with three different members of the team. Questions were mostly situational and gauging problem-solving and key software engineering concepts. The offer came a few days after the onsite interviews. Everyone involved was kind and clearly excited about the project and team.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of model-view-controller and how you might apply it to a project.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the got a call a couple weeks later for a phone interview. I thought everything went well but when they took 3 weeks to tell me if I had moved on to the next round, I realized the outcome wouldn't be positive. Finally got a call back and my suspicions were confirmed. I wish they had communicated a little more timely and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? A time you had eard no. basic interview questions   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! It was fast, and the HR people were really nice and considerate. I had two phone interviews - one with the HR guy, and one with the senior architect from the group I was being interviewed for. Following that, I had three an on-site inteyrviews. The first one with the senior architect I talked to, then a software engineer, and then the third one was with a current Technical Marketing Engineer. They were all really nice people, and the questions were most behavioral and it felt more like having a tech-focused conversation than a real interview. I was even shown around the office at the end of my last interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain QR codes to someone who has no idea what they are?   1 Answer

Project Management/Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp in March 2015.

Interview

The process took around a month. I had applied through employee referral. Got the call for one 45 minute phone screen interview with one of the team members of the group. After that I got the call for three other 45 minute phone interviews with other members of the team. After one week of wait time, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question was- One of the concepts was chosen from my projects in my resume and I was asked about the approach I would take for a similar situation in their team's work processes.   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Phone call followed by onsite. Nothing interesting. They asked questions that are not related to the job position. Its easy to get a job here, no surprises. In a stream of integers from 1 to n, only one number will be repeated. How can you tell what that number is?

pay sucks

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Nothing technical, super friendly. They aren't expecting you to know everything as an intern. I felt like it was more of a "get to know more about the company" rather than an interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position. Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Extremely urgent interview process that I accommodated despite a busy work schedule. It was a disappointing process overall. The recruiting function was non existent and not candidate focused. Very surprising especially for the valley in this climate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out in particular. Pretty standard kinds of interview questions. I did notice that the team didn't seem very aligned on what they were looking for. Each interviewer had their own style and just asked whatever was top of mind.   Answer Question