NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Technical interview with the VP. It was a 40 + minute interview and mostly technical.. Started with an overview of the job description and responsibilities and the questions on my background and relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my projects and experience, questions about what trends I see in technology   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate at this point.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. He mainly asked questions about my resume and experience. He also asked about my study abroad experience. Then I was invited to an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. When I came for my onsite interview, I was met in the lobby by my first interviewer and taken to the interview room. The room had a couple whiteboards and I was encouraged to use them during the interview. I interviewed with 3 people on the team that I would be working with. The first person I interviewed with was a manager and the other 2 were Engineers. The interviews were very behavioral and I was encouraged to ask questions. They asked me questions for the first half and I asked them questions for the second half. It was a very enjoyable and relaxed interview. I learned a lot about the team I would be working with, the company culture, and the job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on a team to build a piece of software? Tell me about a time that you had to learn a programming language that you didn't know (without professional instruction)? How did you go about learning the language? What resources did you use? Tell me how you would write a function/method that would take a subnet mask as a parameter and return the number of hosts the subnet could support if 2 of the IP addresses were reserved?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too bad, the interviewer was welcoming and really exciting. He pitched me projects that I'd be interested in, and if I was, he asked me questions related to that. They took a long time to get back to me though. I resume dropped at a career fair in January, and didn't hear until April, though I'm assuming I ended up being a replacement for someone else.

Interview Questions

• Know your data structures and networking, and have some enthusiasm for the projects. They're really upfront on whether you'd be a good fit or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a significantly less hourly pay because I was a college freshman, but was able to negotiate up a little.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the phone interview. On the phone interview I spoke with 3 of my future team mates. Then I was called in for an onsite interview that last 3-4 hours, most of which was technical. We went over a coding problem they sent over before I came in.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for one thing, and they gave me about 10k more than I asked. If it isn't what you are looking for definitely try to negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 Technical Phone round(30 mins) 6 Onsite Rounds(1 Hr Each) Onsite Rounds: 3 - Core Technical 2- Semi Technical plus Analytical 1- Behavioral Process: 1. Got a mail from HR to schedule the Telephone round 2. 30 mins of Phone Interview as scheduled 3. Got an Invite from HR for Onsite rounds. They were very understanding and scheduled tow day interview process for 3 hrs each 4. Each day 3 Onsite rounds as listed above 5. Within a week HR returned with a Decision The process is very friendly and prompt. I could not get the offer but had a very good experience. Hope this is helpful

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions Experience Related Questions Linked List, Probability related questions   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with about six or seven people, and many of them didn't seem to be enjoying their job. One of them who really didn't seem at all excited about his job even told me to apply to this other company because it would be a better way to start my career. Overall, most of the people were friendly, but didn't give me the impression to want to work there.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Originally came in contact through a recruiter at a career fair. Initially, a phone screen reviewing my resume and providing some details about the project. Then, three onsite interviews spanning two hours with three different members of the team. Questions were mostly situational and gauging problem-solving and key software engineering concepts. The offer came a few days after the onsite interviews. Everyone involved was kind and clearly excited about the project and team.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of model-view-controller and how you might apply it to a project.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! It was fast, and the HR people were really nice and considerate. I had two phone interviews - one with the HR guy, and one with the senior architect from the group I was being interviewed for. Following that, I had three an on-site inteyrviews. The first one with the senior architect I talked to, then a software engineer, and then the third one was with a current Technical Marketing Engineer. They were all really nice people, and the questions were most behavioral and it felt more like having a tech-focused conversation than a real interview. I was even shown around the office at the end of my last interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain QR codes to someone who has no idea what they are?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the got a call a couple weeks later for a phone interview. I thought everything went well but when they took 3 weeks to tell me if I had moved on to the next round, I realized the outcome wouldn't be positive. Finally got a call back and my suspicions were confirmed. I wish they had communicated a little more timely and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? A time you had eard no. basic interview questions   1 Answer

Project Management/Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp in March 2015.

Interview

The process took around a month. I had applied through employee referral. Got the call for one 45 minute phone screen interview with one of the team members of the group. After that I got the call for three other 45 minute phone interviews with other members of the team. After one week of wait time, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question was- One of the concepts was chosen from my projects in my resume and I was asked about the approach I would take for a similar situation in their team's work processes.   1 Answer