NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

4 weeks. phone interview followed by in-person interview. One more phone interview to take final decision. phone and in-person interview were all behavioral. Questions from resume and they try to find how much are you a people person.

Interview Questions
    • What all do you know about vmware blade and esx server   Answer Question

Support Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Initially, there's a 2-part interview with a multi-person panel, consisting of a technical session (lasting 1/2 hr) & an account management session (also lasting a 1/2 hr).
    The follow-up interviews were with the hiring manager, then program manager, and then the district sales manager. I was asked to white-board an example, as well as illustrate the OSI model.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important-- influence or authority?   View Answer
    salary & start date

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Smooth, professional, On time, respectful, high level conversation, not that much info about the background of the interviewer, company main products and solutions and something that warms up the conversation and break the ice.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the statistical analysis. Very little information shared during the interview about the goal of the position and what specific business issues this role is supposed to work on and gives solutions. Not a good wrapping up at the end by the interviewer.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NetApp in December 2014.

One email from a recruiter to set up a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager rescheduled last minute to the next day. She was late to the call. Completely distracted. Not friendly. Not engaging.

Process Innovation Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp in December 2014.

The recruiter found my resume on indeed.com and then interviewed me. Counting the recruiter I had three phone interviews, and one three hour in-person interview with 5 people. I didn't make the second round, but they were brining in the top two for the final round. Process took three months.

Interview Questions
    • The interview involved questions about how to address different situations or problems and how my past experience tied in with the role, and work-style. The most challenging part was the role was improving processes in finance and I had not specifically worked in FP&A.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Contacted via email by a gentleman who saw my resume posted online. Conducted an initial phone interview with a screener/recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Second interview was with the hiring manager for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • First interviewer

1) Tell me about yourself from past to now
      2) Describe your role/duties with your current employer
      3) Where do you see yourself in 3 and 5 years

View Answer
    • Second Interviewer:

1) Asked what I knew about the position I was interviewing for.
      2) Wanted to know how I step outside of my comfort zone
      3) Describe my typical day and who I sell to... (he was unclear on my. I current job)
      4) Walk me through a typical sale when faced with a business client
      5) Very focused on my cold calling ability

View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp in November 2014.

Applied through Netapp website, was called by a recruiter who setup a 30 Minute interview with a higher level engineer. One week later was called in for an hour and a half interview with two more higher level engineers

Interview Questions
    • describe the differences between how hosts connect via Cifs, NFS and iscsi   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NetApp.

Phone screen with recruiter. Phone screen with hiring manager. Onsite interview with team members, VP and HR. Be prepared to talk about accomplishments, mistakes and how you would add value to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever make mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in November 2014.

On the day that all in-person interviews were completed (a Monday), I asked the hiring manager when he planned to make a final decision. He told me that all candidate interviews were complete and a decision would be made by the following Friday (4 days away). Friday came and went with no word from anyone at NetApp. I followed up with the recruiter the following week. I was told that the hiring manager was out of town, but he was interested. For the following four weeks, neither the recruiter nor the hiring manager reached out to me one single time. Each time I sent a follow up note I heard that the hiring manager was still interested BUT, wrapping up additional interviews, vetting candidates, etc.

My complaint is not that I didn't get the job. In fact, by the time 5 weeks had passed and I still had no word from NetApp, I wasn't sure that I would even want to work for someone with such poor follow up. My complaint is that I was mislead from day one. A simple courtesy call from either the recruiter or the hiring manager to let me know the change in status.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult and I received no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp in October 2014.

After recruiters collected resumes on campus, I had a 10 minute screening call and invitation to attend the NetApp Super Day. In the Super Day you are interviewing for 2 different positions. You do not get to pick which positions you interview for; they are assigned by the Finance recruitment manager based on resume fit. There are 3 interviews in the morning and 3 interviews in the afternoon. The interviews were 30 minutes each so you barely had time to "walk through" the resume and then answer a few behavioral questions. If you are articulate, have good work experiences and ask great questions at the end of the interview, then the job is yours. NetApp has a friendly culture and the interview experience is not intended to be stressful. They want to get to know you and discover why they need to hire you over other applicants. They provide great interview questions that create an opportunity for you to share what makes you special.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?
      What was a difficult decision you had to make?
      Tell me a time when you worked in a team?

Answer Question

I accepted an offer at another tech company with better benefits