NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Had a phone interview first where I was asked about my projects and my experience was matched with job requirements. Then had a technical interview and then an HR interview thereafter.

Interview Questions

• I was given a web page source which was running but had to find mistakes in it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. They give the best offer they can at first hand.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp in August 2014.

Interview

Initially spoke with recruiter on the phone for 5 minutes. Asked two questions, Salary expectation + Times available to work. Setup interview with internal engineers for two days later. Spoke with engineers on the phone for 20 minutes. Nothing technical, they just asked general questions. This was Friday and in-person interview was setup for Tuesday morning @ 8:00 am. First met with Sr. Escalation Engineers. I was asked some general troubleshooting questions. The questions were like something out of a test. Then was asked some troubleshooting questions. Interview was all across the board with no real structure. Afterwards, met with two managers. This part was more structured. They were more interested in customer service and to see if I would be a good fit. It was a bit impersonal because they were taking notes on their laptops. They said they would get back with by the end of the week but haven't heard back two weeks later. Recruiter has been responsive but I have gotten no good feedback just yet.

Interview Questions

• For kerberos authentication, what are the two services that it relies on.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Interview was coordinated through Zerochaos. Interview questions were about what I would contribute but also what would my expectations be for working for NetApp. Interviewers were very quick to say SDR job was very little pay for a lot of work with no guarantee of moving into a permanent position. Ideally jobs would be available after 14 months.

Interview Questions

Benefits and no guarantee of long term viability forced us to decline the offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

First it was a phone screen with HR and then the hr scheduled two tech phone interviews. after that, there were four following phone interviews. I don't know why there are so many phone interviews. All of the interviews are ordinary ones, just ask some tech and behavioral questions.

Member Technical Staff, Software III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

It was normal interview. Nothing unusual. It was not the position for working on Netapp storage technology. So the process was different. This was for their Front end technology and server development group.

Interview Questions

• All java - questions. Linkedlist, graphics, algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who did the initial phone interview who then contacted me a couple of days later to set up a phone interview with the team supervisor. The following week, I was asked on-site for face-to-face interview(s) with four different team members. Not a panel interview, thank god, but rather one at a time (and one via phone conference). The whole onsite interview process took about 2 hours.
    I felt the interviews went well but was still surprised when the recruiter offer came as I was driving home.
    Started 1st day of work within 2 weeks of interviews.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were asked - mostly just going over my resume more in detail. The manager asked more behavior questions such as explaining how & what process I use for time/project management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a contractor, the offer was set with the recruiter prior to interviewing. I did however set the expectations for a flexible work environment and came to an agreement with the team supervisor & manager.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I got contacted by the company recruiter. After couple of communication emails got interview set up. It was half a day interview with 3 people, director/manager/analyst. 45 mins each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good offer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NetApp (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Asked scenarios type questions, first it was phone interview it was technical then senior manager, and two other persons conducted the interview
    1. how you'll set up the replication
    2. How many computer running on RAC

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The internal staffing person will perform a quick phone screen. This takes about 15 minutes. Then the hiring manager will perform a phone screen which will touch on technical questions as well as cultural fit questions. If you get through that, an senior engineer will do another phone screen. This will be very technical and actually writing code. Once you get pass all that they will invite you to a on-site. This will be mostly technical and will be talking to the hiring manager as well as 2-3 engineers.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a linked list   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Extremely high technical interview lasting about 2.5hrs, a lot is expected from candidate, hr was unwilling to budge on low salary, bonus touted to be 8-10% annually hut it was absolutely false. Highest bonuses for any TSE is 1-3%. Disappointing because hr lies.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview is very taxing. White boarding, hypothetical scenarios, multiple very sr level engineers pressuring you as if it is a interrogation, role playing of angry customers, expect detail answers, based on your experience the interview will be more difficult and details expected, etc.   Answer Question