Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at NetApp
- Software Engineer (41)
- Intern (19)
- Technical Support Engineer (13)
- Program Manager (11)
- Product Manager (9)
- Member of Technical Staff (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (7)
- Software Developer (7)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Senior Program Manager (6)
- Member of Technical Staff II (6)
- QA Engineer (6)
- MTS2 (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Member Technical Staff, Software (5)
- Systems Engineer (5)
- Director (5)
- Software QA Engineer (5)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Sales Analyst (4)
- Software Engineer Intern (4)
- Member of Technical Staff, Software (4)
- MTS1 (3)
- Member of Technical Staff I (3)
- Technical Support Engineer III (3)
- Member Technical Staff (3)
- Technical Marketing Engineer (3)
- Sales Development Representative (3)
- Account Manager (3)
- Engineering (3)
Member of Technical Staff I Interview
I applied online – interviewed at NetApp.
The HR emailed me and scheduled an initial ten minute screening interview. I waited for an hour but she didn't call. So I sent her an email hoping to receive a response. She emailed me 3 days later and rescheduled. The initial screening was a rapid fire question round with basic questions from all topics ( Networks, OS, Algos)- IPv4 address size, NP vs P which is harder etc. The second round was supposed to be an hour long. They forgot to call again. After I emailed them, I received a call an hour late. By this time i was completely frustrated and even though the questions were very easy, I screwed it up. Started with HR questions- Strength, Weaknesses, Idol, Why technology, When can you join, Are you currently holding on to any other offers/interviewing elsewhere etc. Basic Technical Questions - Difference between TCP/UDP, C vs Java, What are the routing protocols etc. It was a good opportunity but was a disappointing experience for me. Partly because of how i didn't answer well and partly because of how they kept forgetting to call.
- As I said, nothing particularly hard. Definitely possible to clear initial rounds with fundamental knowledge from your Comp Sci degree program. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for NetApp
Member of Technical Staff I InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in July 2009.
There were 3 rounds of technical interview along with 1 Hr AND 1 WRITTEN EXAMINATION.
- Question about deadlocks in operating system. 1 Answer
Member of Technical Staff I InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in January 2008.
It was mostly technical with a panel of interviewers asking technical questions and code solving on a white board. About 4 hours long, so yeah, pretty drilling.
- What is the most efficient implementation of a linked list? Answer Question