NetApp Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions

3.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NetApp.

Was asked about basic programming and computer architecture questions. some decent data structure questions were also asked. The whole interview was mainly focused on C [programming skills and operating system concepts

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to design a 4 bit CPU by my interviewer. He was trying to check my grasp on computer architecture.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at NetApp in January 2013.

5 Rounds of Technical discussion mostly Core java (since i am a java guy) , DS / Algo and problem solving.
    Mostly on DS like implement hashmap , arraylist , permutation of alphabets in phone keypad etc.
    Interviewers were polite and nice folks.

Interview Questions
    • Algo to find at which node 2 linkedlist intersect
      L1 :1->2->3->4->5
      L2 : 7->8->9->3->4->5

L1 and L2 intersect at node 3
        Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NetApp in December 2012.

Hiring process in IITs
    1. CGPA cutoff of 7.5 and above
    2. There was a written test. Aptitude + technical test (questions from C, OS and data structures).
    3. 4 rounds of interview.
    First round was general talk + tech (about job profile, general questions and some technical questions)
    Second round was pure technical. There were 3 sections in that. Data structures and algos, OS and problem solving skills. Asked many questions in all 3 areas.
    Third round was again technical round. Asked about OOPs concepts and questions, web related questions (explain the process that happens after you write a URL in browser and hit enter etc.), hash tables, again some OS related questions.
    Forth round was HR round. Normal HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • In 3rd round of tech interview, about storage management of user details at web servers and how to optimize that.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NetApp.

They have a streamlined interview process. Being an out-of-state candidate that time, I had two rounds of phone interviews (45 minutes each). The onsite interview was a positive experience. Their main focus is on operating systems, file systems, data structures, puzzles, algorithms and C.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deduplicate an infinite stream of characters over the network.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NetApp in December 2011.

1. Aptitude was quite tough
    2. C questions were good. All can be worked out with good understanding of C (especially pointers & stack)
    3. Basic OS questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NetApp in June 2009.

1. Testing understanding
    2. Ability to come-up with test scenarios
    3. Scripting skills
    4. Logical thinking with puzzles

Interview Questions
    Offer was beyond my expectation. But the salary components were not explained. It was later on that I learnt that salary was much lower than what I was given earlier.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!