NetApp Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions

3.8

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Was asked about basic programming and computer architecture questions. some decent data structure questions were also asked. The whole interview was mainly focused on C [programming skills and operating system concepts

Interview Questions

• Was asked to design a 4 bit CPU by my interviewer. He was trying to check my grasp on computer architecture.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

5 Rounds of Technical discussion mostly Core java (since i am a java guy) , DS / Algo and problem solving.
    Mostly on DS like implement hashmap , arraylist , permutation of alphabets in phone keypad etc.
    Interviewers were polite and nice folks.

Interview Questions

• Algo to find at which node 2 linkedlist intersect
      L1 :1->2->3->4->5
      L2 : 7->8->9->3->4->5

L1 and L2 intersect at node 3

Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NetApp in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring process in IITs
    1. CGPA cutoff of 7.5 and above
    2. There was a written test. Aptitude + technical test (questions from C, OS and data structures).
    3. 4 rounds of interview.
    First round was general talk + tech (about job profile, general questions and some technical questions)
    Second round was pure technical. There were 3 sections in that. Data structures and algos, OS and problem solving skills. Asked many questions in all 3 areas.
    Third round was again technical round. Asked about OOPs concepts and questions, web related questions (explain the process that happens after you write a URL in browser and hit enter etc.), hash tables, again some OS related questions.
    Forth round was HR round. Normal HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• In 3rd round of tech interview, about storage management of user details at web servers and how to optimize that.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NetApp.

Interview

They have a streamlined interview process. Being an out-of-state candidate that time, I had two rounds of phone interviews (45 minutes each). The onsite interview was a positive experience. Their main focus is on operating systems, file systems, data structures, puzzles, algorithms and C.

Interview Questions

• How would you deduplicate an infinite stream of characters over the network.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

1. Aptitude was quite tough
    2. C questions were good. All can be worked out with good understanding of C (especially pointers & stack)
    3. Basic OS questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

1. Testing understanding
    2. Ability to come-up with test scenarios
    3. Scripting skills
    4. Logical thinking with puzzles

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was beyond my expectation. But the salary components were not explained. It was later on that I learnt that salary was much lower than what I was given earlier.