NetApp Product Manager Interview Questions

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I endured very long Multi-function, Multi-level, Multi-location, Multi-date interview process including visits to Boston Mass, Raleigh NC, and Sunnyvale CA. Each geographic location visited involved a full day of up to 10 interviews including during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I spoke to NetApp at a career fair on-campus. I was invited after that to a final round interview at their headquarters at Sunnyvale, California. They expected a detailed understanding of the position, roles and responsibilities. They also asked about prior experiences that would be a fit for the role

Interview Questions

• A mini-case - A client makes a request for modifying the storage software. The client is insistent but the development team is busy on other work and unable to dedicate time to the client request. Also, you are not sure if making an investment in modifying the software will be useful for other clients. What would you do in this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in August 2012.

Interview

The HR recruiter interviewed me first. Then the hiring manager and then each of the members of the team. After that, I had one more interview with the hiring manager. It was a pretty rigorous process.

Interview Questions

• Since I was being hired for the New College Graduate program, the questions were fairly generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not negotiable with vacation but were negotiable with the salary and bonuses. Overall, it went really quick and ultimately the hiring manager makes the decision.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied through the careers page and received a phone interview invitation from the recruiter via email. The communication from the recruiter leading up to the interview was very good. The interviewer was a lower level product manager, who asked six background & fit questions over the 40 minute session. Everything seemed to go smoothly, although he made a comment that may have indicated that I was overqualified by a couple of years. In general however I felt pretty good about the phone interview. Things fell apart after that....there was no communication AT ALL from the recruiter over the next 5 weeks. I sent five emails and left three voice messages inquiring of my status and none of them were returned. I'm guessing that the recruiter was laid off due to the company's shaky financial performance last quarter, but even then it seems that someone should have picked up his remaining work. Totally unprofessional!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

1. Got call from recruiter 2. Reasonably fast process. 3. Hiring manager was very professional and decisive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1. Got some extra PTO.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

2 rounds of interview ..basic questions

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Initial telephonic interview followed by back-to-back interviews by video conference. A final interview with senior technical director on phone

Interview Questions

• Business case analysis of consumer electronics product.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp in May 2012.

Interview

Describe some topics about strategy Tell the future trend of storage management

Interview Questions

• Describe some topics about strategy and how did you use them in your work   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

2 Phone interviews, followed by 4 face to face interviews,

Interview Questions

• Come up with a strategy to further enhance the market share for a very successful consumer product.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was very clear about being unable to alter offer